Small-Group Tour of Sydney Neighbourhoods
Travelling in a small group of 8 or less, we'll travel by private mini-van between locations then explore each neighbourhood on foot for a true local feel. We'll circle the city fringe & take in a nice cross section of it's most interesting postcodes. We'll work our way from galleries to secret bars, past award-winning architecture and urban street art. Food options and shopping opportunities abound with hidden food alleys and artisanal markets, unique boutiques & even a former factory turned farmyard-foodie-heaven!
End the day with a list of places to return to, and a sense that you really 'know' Sydney..
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sydney Town Hall 483 George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Our tour commences in the heart of the city - at the conveniently located Sydney Town Hall. From there we wander through the rapidly changing entertainment hub of Darling Harbour, through Chinatown, then on to some cutting edge architecture in the student hub of Ultimo. Next on to Chippendale - recently labelled Sydney's hippest suburb - known for it's creativity, some of Sydney's best restaurants, and one of the world's most significant contemporary Chinese art museums - White Rabbit Gallery.
We then wander through Sydney University to the quaint neighbourhood of Glebe which hosts Sydney's most popular weekend market, full of second hand & artisinal finds (Saturday only).
Hop into our vehicle and we'll pop down to the Western side of Sydney harbour for a lesser known but but stunning harbour view!
Cross the Anzac Bridge next for a drive through harbour-side Woolloomooloo, Potts Point & the red light district of Kings Cross. Wander Paddiington's boutique lined backsteets with it's gorgeous Victorian terraces, then drive down Sydney's queer hub of Oxford St. Pass through leafy Surry Hills to the stunning factory turned farmyard foodie heaven - The Grounds of Alexandria (mid week only). Finish the day with an insider's walking tour of bohemian Newtown, Sydney's most buzzing hub. Here the tour ends & you might like to grab some dinner or a movie, do some people watching, or take a short train or bus ride back to the city centre...
Note we like to keep our itinerary a little flexible to cater for seasonal events, or to work with the interests of the group. We always like to stay abreast of what is new & happening in Sydney & of course maintain an element of surprise. So please use the above itinerary as a guide only and we'll hopefully impress you with so much more on the day!
Duration: 7 hours
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Morning tea to kick off our day - specialty donuts & an award winning coffee or tea
- Beverages (available to purchase or bring your own water)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Note tour end point is different to starting point. We end in bohemian Newtown, a short train or uber ride back to the city centre.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Note we will walk approx 10,000-12,000 steps over the course of the day, a reasonable level of fitness is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Great way to see Sydney’s atypical hot spots. Maria is an incredible guide and highly recommend her tour to anyone considering.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us