Gifts Australia has Australia's best baby shower gifts
Baby shower gifts are a celebration of new life, as well as a way to help the new parents out by supplying them with goodies they're sure to need for their new baby’s arrival.
A baby shower is an integral part of the pregnancy journey for many Mums. It’s all about sharing the anticipation of the coming birth, and it's a chance for people to show their love with thoughtful gifts. Buying baby shower gifts is a gesture of love!
Celebrate the pending arrival of a beautiful newborn with Gift Australia's baby shower gift hampers and giftable goodies. We've got baby boy hampers, baby girl hampers, unisex baby hampers, baby accessories, personalised baby keepsakes, books, nursery accessories, and more.
We offer free, biodegradable gift wrapping and a free customisable card with each gift. We ship Australia-wide, and delivery is free on orders over $100.
Explore our range now and find a great gift for Mum and baby.
FAQs about baby shower gifts
If you've got an upcoming baby shower and you've got a budding question about baby shower gifts, we can help. We've answered all your top questions below.
What are you supposed to gift at a baby shower?
At its roots, a baby shower is a celebration to bring the friends and family of a new baby together so they can celebrate the upcoming arrival of the new bub. Baby showers have a secondary purpose of giving friends and family a chance to give the new parents presents they will need prior to the baby's birth.
These days, many modern parents have a registry set up that lists all the items they need. If you aren't super close with the new parents, shopping from the registry is your best bet.
If there's no registry, hampers for new babies, soft toys, and books are always safe gift options. If you're looking for a specific recommendation, our most popular gender-neutral hamper is the Sheridan Baby Snuggles Hamper. This hamper comes with a plush bear, a growsuit, a beanie, booties, mittens, and a muslin wrap.
What do you bring to a baby shower in Australia?
New babies need all kinds of things, so there are many different things you can give as a baby shower present. Here are the most popular baby shower present ideas:
- Baby toys – Toys for 0-3 month-olds, soft toys for babies, hand puppets, and bath toys are always useful to new parents.
- Baby books – Books for newborns, babies, and toddlers are always useful. We recommend choosing a book you or your children enjoyed (as that's the most special kind of gift!).
- Baby bath and care products – When choosing these products, look for baby-friendly products and fragrance-free products (as fragrances can be irritating).
- Baby clothing – Parents will appreciate practical clothing for 0-6 month-olds. When choosing baby clothes, avoid clothing with buttons and choose clothing with zips or press studs instead (buttons are too fiddly for a wriggly baby).
- Baby blankets – Breathable, machine-washable baby blankets are the most practical for new parents, so go for these above all else.
- Sleeping bags, muslin wraps, and swaddles – If you know the new parents are planning to use these, they're sure to appreciate an extra one.
- Accessories for baby's nursery – Humidifiers, white noise machines, clocks, diffusers, art, and aesthetically pleasing decorations are popular baby shower gift choices.
- Self-care goodies for Mum – Pregnancy can be pretty rough, so self-care products that make Mum feel special are a very thoughtful gift.
Many Australian baby showers are also potlucks, so you should ask the host if you need to bring a dish or dessert.
What are the best baby shower gifts for a boy?
Our top hamper for a baby boy is the Baby Bathtime and Snuggles Boy Hamper. This hamper includes a rattle, a Buttons the Bunny, a growsuit, a muslin wrap, baby shampoo and baby lotion, and a keepsake notebook.
These five baby boy gifts are also very popular:
- Sweet Bambino Baby Hamper
- Cheeky Monkey Hand Puppet
- Sophie La Giraffe Baby Teether
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Finger Puppet Book
- Roly Poly Koala
What are the best baby shower gifts for a girl?
Our top baby shower hamper for a baby girl is the Iconic Baby Girl Essentials Hamper with Moët. This gorgeous hamper comes with Moët champagne, keepsakes for the baby, a muslin wrap, a baby lotion and shampoo set, a plush bear, and a Sophie La Giraffe teether.
These five baby girl gifts are also very popular:
- Baby and Toddler Bunny Slippers
- Sammy The Comfort Puppy
- Jellycat Bashful Pink Bunny Soother
- Dorothy Mouse Plush Toy
- Myrtle Mouse Plush Toy
What is the most useful baby shower gift?
Nappies are probably the most useful gift you can give new parents. Other practical presents include:
- Gift vouchers (Gifts Australia offers gift vouchers from $50 to $500)
- Gift vouchers for food delivery services
- Baby bottles
- Baby cups, bowls, spoons, and forks
- Baby blankets and wraps
- Baby wipes, shampoo, conditioner, and baby powder
- Baby clothes
What are the best sentimental baby shower gifts?
Gifts Australia offers a range of sentimental baby shower gifts. Here are a handful of our favourite sentimental gifts:
- Baby-Made Imprint Kit
- Guess How Much I Love You Snuggle Book
- Baby Inkless Print Kit
- Kids Personalised Naming Plate Bracelet
- Letters To You Keepsake Book
- Kids Personalised Charm Name Plate Necklace
- Congratulations Signature Frame
- Kids Personalised Letter Charm Bracelet
We also offer a range of personalised jewellery that you can put the new baby's name or initials on.
Is it rude to not bring a gift to a baby shower?
Baby shower guests are expected to bring a gift for Mum or baby, so the host would likely consider it to be rude if you showed up without one. If you want to reduce the cost of your gift, we recommend just giving nappies or organising a group gift.
Is $100 enough for a baby shower gift?
Yes, $100 is more than enough for a baby shower gift. Most baby shower attendees spend between $20 and $40 on a gift for the new baby.
Our top baby shower gift ideas for 2023
If you're stuck and need some baby shower gift ideas, we can help. Here are our favourite gifts for 2023:
- Shark Bath Splash Budd – Best bath present
- Counting on the Earth Board Book – Best book for babies
- Wedgwood Peter Rabbit Mug – Best Peter Rabbit-themed gift
- Little Book of Shit Baby Names – Best joke gift for baby showers
- Wild One Luxe Pram Liner – Best pram accessory
- Wooden Animal and Number Blocks – Best baby toy
- Sheridan and Pure Baby Hamper – Best baby hamper
Tips for buying the perfect baby shower gift
If you haven't attended many baby showers before, here are our top present-buying tips:
- Stick to the registry where possible – The prospective newborn parents know what they want, so buying an item they've picked out is the best option.
- Buy gender-neutral presents unless you know if the baby is a boy or a girl – Otherwise, the parents may not use your gift.
- Be practical – Parents are unlikely to use scratchy clothes, unengaging toys, items for much older children, and presents requiring a lot of care often.
- Choose items that are good quality – Your gift will be enjoyed for longer periods of time.
- Choose trend-neutral items – The parents are more likely to use them for longer (maybe even for another baby).
- Choose items you would buy for yourself – If your children loved a particular item, chances are good the new baby would like it, too.
Best baby shower gifts in Australia
Gifts Australia is your source of high-quality, adorable baby shower gifts that new parents will cherish and use long-term. We've got gorgeous hampers, soft toys, books, baby accessories, bath products, and more.
We offer free, biodegradable gift wrapping on all gifts, plus a free card that you can customise.
Explore our range and purchase unforgettable baby shower presents that new parents will cherish.