Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Mission Beach - One Introductory Dive 08:00 - Adults (age 15-99)
8.30am & 9am - You will begin your adventure to the Great Barrier Reef from Wongaling Beach (Mission Beach) where you will board the Island Spirit. Wear your swimmers. You have to walk through water, which reaches your knees, to board!
A quick 10-minute transfer will land you onto beautiful Dunk Island where you will board 'MV Reef Goddess'. 'Island Spirit' is a fully enclosed custom built passenger transfer vessel designed specifically for a beach landing.
9.30am - After introductions and safety briefing from your captain, depart from Brammo Bay at Dunk Island and head off to the east, sitting on 18 knots reaching your first reef location in under 1 to 1/2 hours.
11am - In the water at your first Outer Great Barrier Reef location (Locations are determined on the day to suit weather conditions). You will have an hour to explore untouched reefs with the crew/guide on-hand to assist with your gear. The free snorkel briefing will cover what to do and what not to do to ensure your safety and enjoyment at the reef.
12pm - Depart for a 1/2 hour cruise to the second snorkel location and lunch preparation.
12.30pm - Arrive at the second location where the ships captain will cook your BBQ lunch served alongside fresh prawns, salads and fresh tropical fruit. After your well-earned lunch, onto the second snorkel and dive explorations. Enjoy another hour of learning, seeing and experiencing one of the world's natural wonders.
3pm - After more snorkelling or diving, your crew/guide will 'up anchor' and head for home back to Dunk Island.
4.30pm - Take a transfer on-board the 'Island Spirit' for a quick trip to mainland Mission Beach.
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh muffins
- Face mask, snorkel, fins (stinger suits in season)
- Free snorkel briefing and training
- Dive equipment
- Diving guide (A PADI professional)
- Buffet lunch (BBQ, salads, prawns, bread rolls & fruit)
- Kids club in the galley
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Merchandise - hats & stubby coolers
- Extra diving
- Go Pro cameras
- Fully licensed bar on-board
- Reef tax $8
- Sun protection
- A dry change of clothes
- Cash for on-board sales
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum is 10 people per booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us