Urban Beer Odyssey, MEL
Drink and eat yourself across Melbourne!
Includes a tour of Carlton and United Breweries, food and beer matching at Matilda Bay Brewery and Temple Brewery followed by drinks at Kooinda Brewery with a choose your own adventure style ending at either Mountain Goat or James Squire after 7pm.
Gifts Australia - Melbourne Urban Beer Odyssey
If you’re looking for a unique and unforgettable gift for the beer fanatic in your life, the Melbourne Urban Beer Odyssey by Aussie Brewery Tours is a winning bet. This all-day tour takes participants through Melbourne’s best known commercial brewers and microbreweries which are overflowing with beer-tasting paddles and delectable meals, giving patrons a taste of both old favourites and trendy new specialty craft beers.
The Melbourne Urban Beer Odyssey makes a great 21st birthday gift or a hearty gastronomic toast to any occasion. The gift tour is good for one person, an ale-tasting experience best enjoyed with a special friend or significant other. Vegetarian and vegan options are available for the inclusive gourmet lunch. Each tour brings guests to four of Melbourne's best breweries.
Tours are scheduled every Friday and pick-ups are between 9:30 and 10:15 a.m. at either of the two designated points: Federation Square on the corner of Russell Street and Flinders Street, or Habitat HQ along St. Kilda Road. Guides can also arrange hotel pick-ups within the inner city suburbs, the Melbourne CBD, as well as Yarra Valley whenever possible.
Aussie Brewery Tours loves flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Forget the winery tour model – come in, have the smallest taste possible, then we will all stare at you awkwardly until you sign up to our wine club, buy a case and get out. Our tours are about generous tastings and soaking up the atmosphere of each different venue with a glass of your favourite. We know when it is time to move on when there are more empty glasses than full glasses.
This relaxed touring, coupled with a wide range of partners, ensures that we have numerous different venues (brew pubs & restaurants, tastings rooms, beer gardens, etc) which have different products and atmospheres which allows us to pick the best of the best for that particular tour day. We may mix up our itinerary depending on the season, day of the week, what specialty products are available, traffic and big events, the weather and venue constraints (like when a brewery recently had a spill and had to shut for the day – thankfully they spilled cleaning products and not beer, phew!).
So rather than a detailed, minute by minute itinerary, we will tell you about some of the stops we visit each day:
- The Crafty (James) Squire: Enjoy a very generous tasting paddle plus a complimentary drink from their beer & cider line-up (includes all seasonal/speciality beers) to go with your amazing lunch.
- Temple Brewery: Temple dabble in barrel aged ales, fruit sours, collaborations with other brewers and even suggestions from their fans. We will include a special Aussie Brewery Tours uber tasting paddle (double their regulation paddle) of their current range.
- Moon Dog Brewery: This is where the tour starts to get wild as we sample the amazing, weird and wacky creations that Moondog Brewery is famous for (bloody mary beers, champagne beers, the icecream series, etc). The tasting here is beyond large!
- Kooinda Brewery: pint included.
- Mountain Goat Brewery: We will drop in for a tasting or beers at Melbourne's most famous (and yet still hidden away) craft brewery.
- Two Birds Brewery: Started by Danielle and Jayne (the two birds) this brewery has a fantastic range of sessionable beers and interesting single batch creations to try.
- Foresters Hall: This beer hall and live music venue in Melbourne's inner north is home to one of the most impressive tap lists found in Australia.
As one of the industry's most comprehensive guide to the top-rated ale-makers in Australia's cultural capital, the Melbourne Urban Beer Odyssey is a genuine gastronomic experience and a guaranteed feast for any beer-lover's palate.
Gifts Australia experience vouchers are redeemable directly with the experience provider with full details provided upon purchase. Recipients have 3 years to use the full value of the voucher.
Delivery of Instant Gift Vouchers
Online Gift and Experience Vouchers are sent electronically to your recipients e-mail.
At Check Out you will be asked to:
- Fill in your recipient's email address
- Write an optional message to your recipient
- Choose delivery to be made immediately or at a later date and time.
Alternatively you can enter in your own email address, print the gift voucher and give personally face-to-face (the old fashioned way).
However you choose to Deliver your Instant Gift, we are sure they'll love it!
What other customers are buying
A little bit more info
Become a VIP
We'd love to stay in touch!
Leave your details, and as a VIP you'll be the first to know about our latest products and news.