Slumber Safari + Family Off Road Safari x 1 Adult, MEL
Get Clost Up To The Animals Overnight
This unique opportunity brings the African safari experience to just 30 minutes from Melbourne! With an overnight glamping escape like no other, treat them to this unforgettable adventure to get up close and personal with majestic African animals.
Treat someone special to this unique and unforgettable Slumber Safari adventure! Any nature lover would thoroughly enjoy experiencing an African safari style overnight escape only 35 kilometres, or 30 minutes’ drive from the Melbourne CBD.
This exclusive Slumber Safari experience provides gorgeous accommodation in combination with a fully hosted experience. This includes not only up close and personal animal encounters during their off-road safari, but sunset drinks and nibbles, a delicious dinner, an amazing night time walk amongst others, before getting back to the camping basics by toasting marshmallows and scoffing scones complete with jam and cream!
Accommodation on the Slumber Safari is not your ordinary camping experience! Glamping – luxury or glamorous camping – is actually what is most often found when doing a real African overnight safari. They will enjoy beautiful tented cabins complete with their own en-suite, and either a fan or electric blanket depending on the season!
With the design taking inspiration from earthy tones and feels, there are only eight cabins in the camp, so there are only a few others around to share the experience. But if they still want some time out to themselves to enjoy the serenity of the Werribee River and the African savannah below, they even have their own personal balcony designed to give them the opportunity to escape.
The lucky receiver of your gift will wake up to the sounds of nature and have the opportunity to watch the animals on the savannah do the same. They will be well fed (the humans that is!) while taking in this memorable morning, by helping themselves to the buffet breakfast provided in the communal Safari Dining Hut.
This incredible overnight experience can certainly be enjoyed solo or with others (each tent can accommodate up to 5 people), and each month, adult only camps are available should they desire a child free escape. This is something to be discussed with the experience provider when organising the rest of getaway. Our vouchers are available for 12 months from the purchase date, and will be available in your email inbox immediately after payment for your gift giving convenience!
To sum up this incredible opportunity, the Slumber Safari + Family Off Road Safari includes:
- Entry to the zoo for 2 days
- A dinner with an African twist, and a delicious breakfast buffet
- A 60 minute totally guided off-road family friendly safari experience
- Encounters with African animals, and the opportunity to gain access to exclusive animal viewing
- Discount vouchers for both the zoo shop (15%), and other specific wildlife encounters to enjoy during their stay (20%)
This experience is available all year round, during all weather conditions, and on 2 nights of the week, plus extras during your kids break. For other terms and conditions, please check with the experience provider upon booking your wonderful adventure!
Duration: Overnight (2days / 1 night)
Capacity: Maximum 5 pax per lodge (8 lodges)
Minimum Pax: 2
Maximum Pax: 31
Terms and Conditions
- Not available for bookings on Saturday nights.
- No minimum age.
- Minimum 2 adults or equivalent $700 spend
- Entry to the zoo is available from 9am and 'check in' is from 2:45pm with activities commencing at 3.20pm
- Activities on day 2 conclude at 11:30am
- This experience can be affected by inclement weather, animal welfare issues or insufficient bookings. In the unlikely event of extreme adverse weather conditions, you will be contacted and rescheduled by the experience provider.
- All participants must agree to follow the keeper's instructions.
- A paying adult must accompany children under 16 years old.
- 1adult:2children supervision is required for children under 8 years, 1adult:1child supervision is required for children between 8-15years old.
Gifts Australia experience vouchers are redeemable directly with the experience provider with full details provided upon purchase. Recipients have 3 years to use the full value of the voucher.
Delivery of Instant Gift Vouchers
Online Gift and Experience Vouchers are sent electronically to your recipients e-mail.
At Check Out you will be asked to:
- Fill in your recipient's email address
- Write an optional message to your recipient
- Choose delivery to be made immediately or at a later date and time.
Alternatively you can enter in your own email address, print the gift voucher and give personally face-to-face (the old fashioned way).
However you choose to Deliver your Instant Gift, we are sure they'll love it!
What other customers are buying
Become a VIP
We'd love to stay in touch!
Leave your details, and as a VIP you'll be the first to know about our latest products and news.