Melbourne's Only Beach Skydive, MEL
Melbourne Weekend Tandem Dive
Kick them out of their comfort zone, and out of a plane! Soaring high through the skies of Melbourne city, this tandem skydive for one will give them a rarely seen 360-degree view of Melbourne – a truly unforgettable life-changing experience.
Our Melbourne Weekend Tandem Skydive for one, found just outside of the CBD in St Kilda, is the closest tandem skydive experience to the city itself; making this a truly unique experience, a thrill-seeking, adrenalin inducing one that they will never forget! They will be guided through the journey by one of Australia’s best tandem skydiving instructors – who in the busier times, can do up to 11 dives a day! They will be leaping through the sky from Australia’s highest tandem altitude, copping incredible views of Melbourne from a 360-degree perspective.
Located at St Kilda Marina, it is suggested leaving 45 minutes to arrive from the city whether driving or catching public transport. On arrival, their Saturday or Sunday adventure will begin with a thorough safety training to ensure the best and safest skydive experience, and you gift-ee will meet their tandem instructor – who will stick with them from beginning to end. Next they will rise up into the skies; soaring high above Melbourne, with views spanning across the ocean and the city.
As the excitement builds, their instructor will start the countdown to the jump, before they leap out of the plane and free fall for a whopping 60 seconds at around 200km/h, before releasing the chute to provide a 5-7 minute blissful float under the open canopy back down to the ground at Moran Reserve.
Our Melbourne Weekend Tandem Skydive package includes:
- 1 tandem skydive over beautiful Melbourne on either weekend day
- 1 personalised certificate of achievement
- 1 three-month membership to the Australian Parachute Federation
- 1 loyalty card and 1 bumper sticker
Price above does not include the $35 APF levy and admin fee as the customer is legally required to pay this levy direct to the operator on the day of their jump
Some suggestions and guidelines for an awesome day:
- Arrive in comfy clothes and sneakers, but jumping pants will be provided, as will gloves and fleece for those frosty Melbourne days
- No scuba diving for 24 hours before doing the skydive, and no consuming drugs or alcohol for 8 hours before
- The lowest participating age is 12, but no upper age limit
- Those over 95kg will incur a surcharge, and over 110kg will need a safety assessment before diving
- They should be prepared for a wait for better conditions if the weather isn’t ideal straight away
Gifts Australia experience vouchers are redeemable directly with the experience provider with full details provided upon purchase. Recipients have 3 years to use the full value of the voucher.
Delivery of Instant Gift Vouchers
Online Gift and Experience Vouchers are sent electronically to your recipients e-mail.
At Check Out you will be asked to:
- Fill in your recipient's email address
- Write an optional message to your recipient
- Choose delivery to be made immediately or at a later date and time.
Alternatively you can enter in your own email address, print the gift voucher and give personally face-to-face (the old fashioned way).
However you choose to Deliver your Instant Gift, we are sure they'll love it!
What other customers are buying