American Smoking BBQ Class, NSW/QLD/VIC
Cook & Eat 6 Iconic American BBQ Dishes
One lucky voucher recipient will join a 3-hour hands-on cooking class, led by a qualified chef, where they’ll learn how to cook (and eat) 6 famous American BBQ dishes. Available during scheduled times in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Hunter Valley.
Do you know someone who loves to brandish the barbecue tongs, but could do with a few new recipes? The Aussie outdoor staples of beef snags and lamb chops tend to get a little tired after a while… Why not help reinvigorate their BBQ game, with the hands-on American Smoking BBQ Class, hosted at scheduled weekend timeslots in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the Hunter Valley, by the experts in outdoor cookery – The BBQ School.
During the class, the lucky voucher recipient will cook six delectable dishes, guided by the skillful hands and friendly coaching of a qualified chef. The class will learn about the different techniques used within each of the four main barbecue regions of the USA, and try their hands at meat rubs, ‘low and slow’, and charcoal cooking methods. And, most importantly, the budding BBQ buffs will all get to feast on their mouthwatering creations at the end of the class!
As participants arrive, they’ll whet their whistles with a frothy beer accompanied by Toasted Turkish Bread with Pukara Estate Oils and Balsamic. They’ll be armed with an apron, all of the utensils and ingredients they’ll need throughout the class, and a full set of course notes and recipes to keep. And then, over the next three hours, they’ll prepare each of the following dishes:
- Jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon
- Uncle E-Rock's baby rack ribs with apple bourbon BBQ sauce
- Memphis-style pulled-pork with mop sauce and cabbage & apple slaw
- Texas-style ‘low and slow’ Cape Grim brisket
- Smoked corn rubbed with jalapeno & lime butter
- Spicy cinnamon & chilli chocolate brownie
Pure Americana! The barbecue aficionados will leave with full bellies, ear-to-ear grins, and the new-found ability to host distinctive cook-ups that’ll blow their guests away!
- Covered footwear and comfortable clothing recommended.
- As alcohol is involved, participants must be 18 years or older.
- Menu subject to change with seasonal availability.
- Rescheduling can be done for free with more than three days’ notice, or at a cost of $50 per participant with one to three two days’ notice. No-shows will forfeit their voucher.
Gifts Australia experience vouchers are redeemable directly with the experience provider with full details provided upon purchase. Recipients have 3 years to use the full value of the voucher.
Delivery of Instant Gift Vouchers
Online Gift and Experience Vouchers are sent electronically to your recipients e-mail.
At Check Out you will be asked to:
- Fill in your recipient's email address
- Write an optional message to your recipient
- Choose delivery to be made immediately or at a later date and time.
Alternatively you can enter in your own email address, print the gift voucher and give personally face-to-face (the old fashioned way).
However you choose to Deliver your Instant Gift, we are sure they'll love it!
What other customers are buying
Become a VIP
We'd love to stay in touch!
Leave your details, and as a VIP you'll be the first to know about our latest products and news.