Yellow Water Cruise - Kakadu
Yellow Water Cruise - Kakadu
The Indigenous owned Yellow Water Cruises takes you on a discovery tour through the world famous Yellow Water Billabong. Operating year round, sunrise to sunset, the cruise winds its way through distinct ecosystems of Yellow Water Billabong and tributaries of the South Alligator River.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yellow Water Cruises, Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory Australia
Cruise Kakadu's most famous wetland and see the billabong come alive. Located at the end of the Jim Jim Creek, Yellow Water is part of the South Alligator River system. This river system is unique as it is included in its entirity within a UNESCO World Heritage listed National Park.
Cruise along with a knowledgeable guide who will provide commentary about the area and the various species of animals that call this waterway home.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Kakadu National Park, Kakadu National Park, Top End, Northern Territory
Kakadu National Park is a must do with amazing scenery and wildlife within. Get your camera out for the beautiful colours of this vast land as you cruise along the river.
- Cruise (either 1.5 or 2-Hours in duration depending on option selected)
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission - Yellow Water Cruises
- Food and drinks (unless booking 6:45am cruise)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Traveler pickup is offered
Please ensure you are present at Cooinda Lodge 20 minutes prior to cruise departure time. Boats leave promptly and guests who arrive late for transfers may not be accommodated.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Cruises are always subject to availability and environmental conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests in wheelchairs may need to transfer from the wheelchair into the boat.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
This was an awesome day out in the Kakadu wetlands. We saw plenty of crocs and birdlife and the skipper was super informative about all flora and fauna. We were lucky enough to see a croc catching and devouring a large fish.
We saw a great range of crocodiles and other wildlife and our guide was our guide was amazing and could answer all of our queries about the river and it’s wildlife.
We had a really great experience thanks to Woody. From picking us up at Cooinda and commentary on the cruise. His knowledge was first class. Lucky we also saw more Crocs than we could count, lots different birds, buffalo, wild pigs and ducks galore.
A MUST do! well worth the money and just a fantastic experience
Our Customers Love Us