West MacDonnell Ranges Small-Group Full-Day Guided Tour
Outback Elite Tours’ Classic West MacDonnell Ranges tour visits the same places that the big companies do, but because we are a small outfit, we add a personal touch and we do it in style. Our guides have years of experience in the Outback and we have a passion and a knowledge base the big guys just can’t match.
The West Macs are a stunning natural wonder that deserve to be as famous as nearby Uluru and King’s Canyon. In fact, this spectacular National Park is soon expected to be World Heritage listed. It really is that good!
This prehistoric mountain range is broken by a series of gorges and chasms and is dotted with beautiful waterholes, and isolated pockets of wildlife and plants found nowhere else in the world. Relicts of when these rugged mountains once towered over a tropical landscape. Known as Toritja to the local Arrente Aboriginal people, it is rich with ancient creation stories and sacred sights.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: West MacDonnell National Park, West MacDonnell National Park, Red Centre, Northern Territory
The mazing location in the West Macs.
The Ochre Pits
Mt Sonder Lookout
Duration: 10 hours
- Small Group guaranteed - no more than 8 passengers on board
- National Park fees
- Morning Tea with coffee and tea, home made rock cakes
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Gourmet picnic lunch
Please be ready by 7.15 am - Pick up at 7.30 am.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- What to Bring:
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Sunscreen, hat and comfortable clothing
- Jacket in cooler months
- Swim wear and towel (during summer only)
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
ust to let you know we had a fabulous day and Claire is a brilliant guide one of the best that we have had the pleasure of being with. She is a walking encyclopedia and nothing was a bother to her, there should be more tour giudes likeClaire. I will have and will highley recomend your business to others. Claire also said there would be photos on linewhere do I go to find them Cheers Suzanne
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us