Uluru Sunrise (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta Half Day Trip
Uluru Sunrise (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta Half Day Trip
Experience an unforgettable sunrise at Uluru (Ayers Rock). Warm up with a tea or coffee and settle in on the viewing platform for an incredible view of the surrounding desert landscape as the sun rises over Uluru and Kata Tjuta. Walk the trail through Walpa Gorge following the natural creek between two of the tallest domes of Kata Tjuta.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uluru Sunrise Viewing Area, Mutitjulu NT 0872, Australia
Rise early and travel into Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park. Enjoy a warming tea, coffee or hot chocolate as the dawn creeps across the desert plain and lights up Uluru
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kata-Tjuta Dunes Viewing Area, Petermann NT 0872, Australia
Enjoy a panoramic view of the southern side of Kata Tjuta from the Dune Viewing platform. Uluru can also be easily seen on the distant horizon from this lookout.Your Driver Guide will provide insight into the history and geology of this ancient land.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Walpa Gorge, Petermann NT 0872, Australia
On arrival at Kata Tjuta, spend time exploring Walpa Gorge, following the path between two of the tallest domes, to a lush oasis in the desert
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Tea, coffee or hot chocolate & biscuits
- Experienced local driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel in a super comfortable coach with: free wifi, in seat USB and air conditioning
- Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park Entry fee (AUD $25 per adult and AUD $12.50 per child)
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. Please refer to your voucher for your hotel pick-up time or call the operator. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list. If you wish to change your pick-up location, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the dropdown list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park Entry fee of $25 AUD per adult and $12.50 AUD per child will be payable upon your tour check in. This entry fee lasts for 3 consecutive days, so you can reuse as often as you wish. The ticket can also be pre-purchased upon your arrival into Yulara
- Operates in all weather conditions, and the Australian desert can be quite cool in the early morning. Please dress appropriately
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please ensure appropriate footwear is warn
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
An absolute Must Do in Uluru. This was one one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had in my own country. Every Aussie needs to see Uluru as it is one stunningly beautiful monolith and the Viator tour gave us an opportunity to be up close and personal with “The Rock”. It was very well organised, the tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly and I would highly recommend it. Thanks Viator!
It was well worth getting up at 4am to get to remarkable Uluru and see the "red rock" change to numerous colors as the sun rose and scattered across her surface. Remarkable, too, are the rock formations at Kata Tjuta. It's hard to describe the beauty of these monuments or the desert or to give the spiritual meaning they have. Go and experience it for yourselves.
We were lucky enough to travel to Uluru in early June 2019. Sunrise was a very special time to see the rock as the colours change as the sun rises. Our tour to Kata Tjuta was great, our guide was very informative and gave us a lot of details about the area. Wherever you go around Uluru fly nets are needed if you want to avoid flies on your face. A MEMORY WE WILL NEVER FORGET.
The most beautiful place and time so that it could be thoroughly enjoyed. Tour guides who were patient and knowledgeable. We'd go back and do it again any time if we could. This was so worth what we paid for it. Uluru is breathtaking!!
Excellent tour. Saw Uluru st sunrise then a great walk and tour of Kata Tjuta
Wonderful. Our tour guide Dave did his excellent service. I really enjoy walking in the windy Kata Tjuta. Tour finished in 11:30 at outback hotel and I can catch the flight back to Sydney.
Good trip, but be prepared for heat and rocky terrain. Also buy the netting that goes over your head. It isn't expensive and it will save you from the flys getting into your face. The walk to the end is definitely worth the heat.
Outstanding! Highly recommended.
Michael was very informative, knowledgeable and pleasant. The driver (his name escapes me right now) went out of his way to help a disabled man and pushed him around at a few stops.
A very good tour, a "must do" when in Ayers Rock!
Fantastic experience, one tour that includes both Kata Tjuta and Uluru.
Great tour and highly recommended. Our guide and driver were both very professional and fun! Good to be able to walk as much as you can within the time or just stroll at your leisure.
Worth the visit. However a guided tour which would of been a nice touch.
This tour was excellent. Would recommend it to anyone staying at Uluru.
We felt that the tour was too rushed for the sunrise at Uluru. It felt like a race to get to Kata Tjuta before the other coaches arrived. However, the walk through the Walpa gorge in Kata Tjuta was spectacular
The guide didn't care about the rest of the group and only spoke with the Italians especially during the Kata Tjuta walk. So disappointed!
The sunrise was lovely, the rock was lovely but unfortunately, the two did not meet. We are told of incredible views as the sun rises over Uluru but this did not happen. I would recommend taking a tour with the Uluru Express company who take you to a viewing platform the other side of Uluru from which you can get spectacular views. Disappointing.
Unfortunately I did not enjoy this tour. Not worth your money. The walk through Walpa Gorge in Kata Tjuta was not great. My roommate said Valley of the Wind part of KT is more interesting. I enjoyed the sunrise itself than looking at the Uluru rock.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us