Uluru by Segway
Be picked up from your accommodation within Ayers Rock Resort and travel to Uluru. Upon arriving at Uluru it’s time to get up close and personal with this big red rock. Be led by your guide on a short walk into the Mutitjulu waterhole. Now it’s time to learn how to Segway, before setting off on guided Segway ride around the full base of Uluru. Be mesmerised by the sights, sounds and cultural stories of this ancient rock. After completing the full base of Uluru it’s now time to travel back to your hotel within Ayers Rock Resort.
Your four-hour tour begins with a complimentary pickup and transfer from your hotel or the campground at Ayers Rock Resort. Upon arrival at the segway base area, the tour guide will provide you with segway training. You'll take part in a short safety briefing and have a practice ride of your segway. Afterward, you'll be ready for your guided tour of magical Uluru (the native name of Ayers Rock).
Departing from Kuniya carpark located at the base of Uluru, you'll be led by your fully qualified and knowledgeable guide into the iconic Mutitjulu Waterhole to explore the sights and sounds of the waterhole. Then quietly and effortlessly you'll cruise around the entire 10km base of Uluru.
Take in all the highlights of the rock; learn about local Anangu culture, flora, fauna, geology and the European history of the area from our knowledgeable guides.
Upon return back to the segway base you'll enjoy worry-free transfers by bus back to Ayers Rock Resort. From there you will be transferred back to your originating hotel.
Please note, the National Park entry fee is not included.
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Helmet, Knee & Elbow Pads
- National Park Entry fee NOT included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Segway riding is an adventure activity, not a mobility activity
- Participants should have the balance, vision and fitness necessary to ride a bike
- Participants should be able to stand unaided for up to 3 hours
- Participants should weigh between 45-117kg.
- Minimum age is 12 and children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Segway on dirt road and endless view of Uluru was a perfect way to spend your morning. Our hosts were most helpful, informative, and entertaining.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us