The Byron Bay Sea Kayak Tour
The Byron Bay Sea Kayak Tour
Imagine yourself kayaking in the crystal blue waters surrounding the Most Easterly Point of Australia spotting dolphins, humpback whales (from May to Oct) and turtles. This kayak trip is suitable for most levels of fitness, is easy and it lots of fun!
We embark on our ocean sea kayak tour from Clarke's Beach in Byron Bay paddling across the Bay towards Cape Byron. At Wategos Beach , situated just under the historic Cape Byron Lighthouse there is a residential pod of Pacific Bottle-nose Dolphins. We enter their habitat and usually have the privilege of seeing these beautiful marine mammals free from captivity in their own environment.
Go Sea Kayak Byron Bay is owned and operated by long term local surf lifesaver and World Title Surf Ski Medallist Kurt Tutt. Our staff are all trained Surf Lifesavers and will take the bets of care of you.
Find out why we have been voted best Eco Tour in New South Wales 2 years running.
Owned and operated by a born and bred local.
Take the opportunity to explore the beautiful waters of the Pacific Ocean surrounding Byron Bay on our fully guided Sea Kayak Tour.
Connect with Mother Nature, take in the clean salty air and have the chance to see our local wild dolphin population along with sea turtles and in migration season the majestic humpback whales whilst kayaking.
Three species of Sea Turtles live in Byron Bay, help us look for some of these beautiful creatures on our kayak tours.
• Byron Bay, New South Wales Australia
• Go Sea Kayak at Byron Bay, 56 Lawson St Cape Byron Marine Park, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481 Australia
• Cape Byron Lighthouse, Cape Byron Walking Track, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481 Australia
- Local guides, trained to the highest standards. Long term local staff, the benefit of experience
- Free Photos for download. Check our Facebook timeline for your tour photos uploaded in high res.
- All Kayaking & Safety equipment. Super Stable Double Sit on Top Kayaks
- Kayak lesson on the beach before you start. You will need some physical fitness to partake this tour
- Beginners & Non-Swimmers are welcome, not recommended for people with phobia of water
- Our promise - if you don't see a Dolphin, Turtle or Whale you can paddle again for free
- Wetsuits available to keep you warm in cooler months
- Alcoholic drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children 5 to 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Women more then 15 weeks pregnant should consider the safety risks of undertaking such a tour
- Minimum age 5 years old
- Roadside parking available (paid), Free 4 hour parking is available nearby on Massinger St
- Remember: we run on NSW Daylight Savings time between Oct and April each year
- Please let our staff know of any medical conditions at check in, you do this confidentially by completing our waiver form at check in
- Not recommended for people with phobias, poor physical fitness or chronic lower back injuries
- Mother Nature dictates the day - everyday is different on the Bay, we will do our best to find all sorts of wildlife for you.
- Should conditions be dangerous: We conduct risk assessments of conditions several times per day. If the ocean is too dangerous from things like string winds, stingers or large surf we will contact you to cancel. In this case you are entitled to a full refund, don't worry we don't take your money. Sometimes you are just better off not going then being out there in unnecessary danger
- We do run the tours in the rain
- In winter we have wetsuits for you to put on before the tour to keep you warm
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
What great timing to be 30m away from breaching whales..listening to them breathe and having fun in the water. A great day out and high five to the tour guides..Would definitely recommend this to anyone.
The crew at Byron bay dolphin sea tours were fantastic. friendly, approachable and informative. They ensured all participants were safe with good training before we headed out. We went out approx 1.5 klm from the shore and to our amazement encountered whales very close to us. They even swam right underneath us. We saw turtles, seals, unfortunately no dolphins, however, the whales did it for us.
Unfortunately my Mrs got a bit sea sick, she kept going until the end and we got a tow in from one of the facilitators.
Highly recommend this adventure. Brooksy and the team were fantastic. Thanks guys. A memorable experience. Beno and Shar.
We saw many dolphin pods up very close and the day was perfect!
One of the best experiences of my life. Thoroughly recommend it.
Absolutely fantastic. We saw so many Dolphins. The guides are amazing. Thank you so much.
I was lucky enough to get a tour with just one other tourist and the tour guide. We saw a couple of dolphins, heard whales and maybe also a shark. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and told us fun stories about the area and gave us insigthful information about the marine life.
First time seeing a whale upclose! However, didn’t manage to spot any dolphins and turtles. Highly recommend this place
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us