Taste of Afghanistan Syria and Persia in Merrylands - Adults (age 19-59)
You will discover the flavours of Syria and Afghanistan, and Persia's exquisite use of dried limes and saffron. Enjoy the best rice and bread to be had anywhere in the world.
Along the way you will meet generous business owners and hear stories of hopes and dreams of people making long journeys to a new life in Australia.
This is far from your typical food tour! If you like exploring new cultures and communities and building relationships through food, then this is the experience for you.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Granville Park Montrose Avenue, Merrylands, Montrose Avenue, Merrylands, Holroyd, New South Wales Australia
In the Merrylands Tour you will explore the tastes and cultures of Afghanistan and Persia. Enjoy dishes lovingly prepared, and shared with you by the newest Australians. Traditional recipes have come on long journeys from homes in Afghanistan and Persia (Iran), brought to keep homelands alive in hearts and bellies.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Local guide
- Food tasting
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us