Sydney The Rocks Guided Walking Tour
Sydney The Rocks Guided Walking Tour
• The shoreline of Sparkling Sydney Cove
• Harbour views of Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge
• Cadman’s Cottage, The Rocks oldest surviving cottage built in 1816
• Campbell’s Cove, offering fantastic views of Sydney Harbour
• Awe inspiring Argyle Cut begun with convict labour in 1843
• Within The Rocks historic precinct, we will wander through Greenway Lane, Kendall Lane, Suez Canal, Foundation Park and much more.
The Rocks Walking Tours’ specialist trained local guides provide walking tours within the heart of historic and picturesque Rocks precinct, departing daily at 10:30am and 1:30pm from a handy location within The Rocks
The tour is conducted within intimate groups of no more than 25 people for a duration of 90 minutes covering approximately 1.2 miles (2 km) at a leisurely pace.
Weave your way through hidden narrow alleyways, along charming cobbled lanes and into shady courtyards, lingering by quaint terrace cottages, some of these sites could be overlooked by casual unguided visitor.
You will be captivated by the charm of this special place and the commentary will intrigue and entertain you!
Your Rocks walking tour will include the shoreline of sparkling Sydney Cove, spectaular harbour views of Sydney's Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, Cadman's Cottage -- Sydney CBD's oldest surviving cottage built in 1816, Campbell's Cove a beautiful, intimate cove offering fantastic views of Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Campbells Cove wharves, Argyle Cut and the Garrsion Church, officially known as the Church of Holy Trinity, built in the1840s.
Within The Rocks historic precinct you will wander through George Street, Greenway Lane, Kendall Lane, Rocks Square, Playfair Street, Foundation Park, Suez Canal and Nurses Walk and much more!
- 90 minute guided walking tour
- Specialist trained guide with expertise in & around The Rocks
- Umbrella (if required)
- Guide has amplification for ease in hearing commentary
- Entry/Admission - The Rocks Walking Tours
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (provided for private bookings)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children and Infants must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved covering approx. 1.2 miles (2km) at the pace of the groups participants
- Small groups (no more than 20 people)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress to the predicted weather conditions appropriate for an outdoor activity
- Comfortable walking shoes, hat and a bottle of water suggested
- Tour encompasses uneven surfaces, cobblestones, worn sandstone flagging and steps; while these elements of the tour have never been considered to be strenuous by most people, for others this may be considered as an unsuitable activity.
- Tour is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a powered wheelchair/ scooter
- Meeting point is easily accessible on foot for cruise arrivals/ shore excursions
- Wheelchair (manual) and pram friendly route
- Toilet facilities accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Easy walking very informative talk, leant a lot more about the rocks and visited places not seen before. Excellent tour. Very good tour guide.
Hearing the stories of the early days of Sydney and the evolution of the area. We loved the way the area has been preserved. Vicki was very informative and spoke clearly.
And was also able to answer all the questions.
We had a great tour with Brian and learned a lot about The Rocks. He was fun and entertaining. Saw some great sights. Would highly recommend this tour.
A must do experience. Our tour guide was so knowledgeable and kept the children in the group included and interested. Highly recommend it was worth every cent.
Very information and interesting walk. Good background on the history and guide easy to listen and well presented.
Fantastic tour very informative learned so much history about the area definitely recommend this tour
Great time! It was very informative and the guide was very knowledgeable and polite! We really enjoyed our time on the tour.
The guide, Alex, was great. She provided lots of information in a lively manner. She recommended some restaurants and bars along the way. Definitely wear comfortable shoes. The Rocks is built on hills, so expect to climb some stairs or walk uphill. Neither was too strenuous though.
Our guide, Brian, was excellent as well as the office staff. Brian's knowledge of The Rocks was extensive and he was very generous with his time.
Great overview of the history and landmarks of early Sydney. Our guide, Brian, was fantastic - learned, entertaining and very personable. In addition to sharing common sights, he took us to several out-of-the-way places which helped provide a richer insight into the lives and livelihoods of the people that inhabited “The Rocks” over the centuries. Well worth the modest fee!
We really enjoyed our walking tour of the Rocks. Our terrific guide took us back in time to the foundation of Sydney and Australia. She made it come alive for us.
Very interesting with such informative details... Anne was great! The pictures along the way depicting all the change was amazing.
What a wonderful tour! Michael was our guide and filled our adventure with lots of fascinating historical nuggets. I became so wel-versed that the next day I ended up educating my coworkers on the history of the Rocks. This is the best way to start a Sydney trip, get acclimated and learn about Syndey’s origins. One of the best tours I’ve booked on Viator
Sophie was a great tour guide with lots of local knowledge. The tour was a perfect introduction to the history of Sydney.
My wife and I are locals and regularly visit the Rocks. This walking tour made us realise that we had been walking past some of Sydney's great historical sites with such interesting background stories. Now the Rock means so much more to us when we visit. Our tour guide Julie was the best and had a deep understanding of her topic which she presented fluently and with passion. I highly recommend this well run and fascinating tour.
Brian was full of Australian history about the Rocks He was passionate about this part of Sydney and loved to share his insight Awesome tour!
We booked online at short notice and were very pleased with the professionalism of the system and our guide was very pleasant and informative. Have already used viator again and looking for to our next adventure
We very much enjoyed this tour, led by Sarah. She was delightful company and well informed. This tour covers a fascinating part of Sydney’s history.
The tour guide was very informative. She was amenable and easy to understand. The Rocks is very historical and this tour served as a wonderful setup for my other tours. At the end of the tour she also helped to guide us to our next destination.
VERY INTERESTING AND INFORMATIVE. ANNE DID A VERY GOOD JOB AT KEEPING US INTERESTED
I loved The Rocks Tour and tour guide Helen with the great job she did and the history she gave us all about The Rocks! All the history that goes along with The Rocks was very impressive and I totally enjoyed the walking tour. Very warm day out while doing the tour, but I enjoyed knowing how much of a role The Rocks location has been preserved and played in Sydney history. Very very popular place in Sydney for a lot of great reasons. You should enjoy this tour as well!
A short tour, but a good one. Would do it again!
Enjoyed learning some of the history of Sydney and the colonization of Australia. Guide was excellent.
Great place to explore - the guide had the necessary knowledge and the day was sunny - so lovely time was had by all :
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us