Sydney The Rocks Guided Walking Tour
Sydney The Rocks Guided Walking Tour
Delve into the history of Sydney and British Australia on a leisurely 90-minute walking tour in The Rocks district with an expert guide. Enjoy the delights of present-day visuals as you explore The Rocks and hear the story of Sydney’s convict past as you discover shady courtyards, narrow laneways and hidden areas that even the locals do not know about. Stroll along the shoreline of Sydney Harbour with views of the Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, past Cadman’s Cottage and Campbell’s Cove.
• The shoreline of Sparkling Sydney Cove
• Harbour views of Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge
• Cadman’s Cottage, The Rocks oldest surviving cottage built in 1816
• Campbell’s Cove, offering fantastic views of Sydney Harbour
• Awe inspiring Argyle Cut begun with convict labour in 1843
• Within The Rocks historic precinct, we will wander through Greenway Lane, Kendall Lane, Suez Canal, Foundation Park and much more.
The Secrets are Alive in the Sandstone – join a walking tour visiting The Rocks picturesque historic sites and hear the tales about ordinary people who did extraordinary things and so began the compelling story of British Australian settlement!
The Rocks Walking Tours’ specialist trained local guides provide walking tours within the heart of historic and picturesque Rocks precinct, departing daily at 10:30am and 1:30pm from a handy location within The Rocks
The tour is conducted within intimate groups of no more than 25 people for a duration of 90 minutes covering approximately 1.2 miles (2 km) at a leisurely pace.
Weave your way through hidden narrow alleyways, along charming cobbled lanes and into shady courtyards, lingering by quaint terrace cottages, some of these sites could be overlooked by casual unguided visitor.
You will be captivated by the charm of this special place and the commentary will intrigue and entertain you!
Your Rocks walking tour will include the shoreline of sparkling Sydney Cove, spectaular harbour views of Sydney's Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, Cadman's Cottage -- Sydney CBD's oldest surviving cottage built in 1816, Campbell's Cove a beautiful, intimate cove offering fantastic views of Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Campbells Cove wharves, Argyle Cut and the Garrsion Church, officially known as the Church of Holy Trinity, built in the1840s.
Within The Rocks historic precinct you will wander through George Street, Greenway Lane, Kendall Lane, Rocks Square, Playfair Street, Foundation Park, Suez Canal and Nurses Walk and much more!
- 90 minute guided walking tour
- Specialist trained guide with expertise in & around The Rocks
- Umbrella (if required)
- Guide has amplification for ease in hearing commentary
- Entry/Admission - The Rocks Walking Tours
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (provided for private bookings)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children and Infants must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved covering approx. 1.2 miles (2km) at the pace of the groups participants
- Small groups (no more than 20 people)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress to the predicted weather conditions appropriate for an outdoor activity
- Comfortable walking shoes, hat and a bottle of water suggested
- Tour encompasses uneven surfaces, cobblestones, worn sandstone flagging and steps; while these elements of the tour have never been considered to be strenuous by most people, for others this may be considered as an unsuitable activity.
- Tour is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a powered wheelchair/ scooter
- Meeting point is easily accessible on foot for cruise arrivals/ shore excursions
- Wheelchair (manual) and pram friendly route
- Toilet facilities accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
We had the most amazing walking tour with Brian. We are Sydney locals and discovered a fantastic side of Sydney that was really informative and fun to do. Highly highly recommend we learnt a lot but really enjoyed Brian's stories.
Fantastic tour very informative learned so much history about the area definitely recommend this tour
Julie was a great tour guide, I found the tour very interesting and well worth it!! Great experience!!
Very knowledgeable and witty. He asked everyone about where he/she was from and integrated it nicely into his commentary along the way. Definitely a worthwhile tour!
Rhiannah was brilliant, very informative and took us on the most enjoyable walk. She answered the many questions. It was very relaxed.
Great time! It was very informative and the guide was very knowledgeable and polite! We really enjoyed our time on the tour.
Thoroughly enjoyed the tour, historically very interesting, excellent guide and well worth doing. Far better than the Opera House tour!
The guide, Alex, was great. She provided lots of information in a lively manner. She recommended some restaurants and bars along the way. Definitely wear comfortable shoes. The Rocks is built on hills, so expect to climb some stairs or walk uphill. Neither was too strenuous though.
Our guide, Brian, was excellent as well as the office staff. Brian's knowledge of The Rocks was extensive and he was very generous with his time.
Really enjoyed the tour. The guide was very knowledgeable and took us to places we would never have looked it. Really brought to life the history of those early settlers.
Great overview of the history and landmarks of early Sydney. Our guide, Brian, was fantastic - learned, entertaining and very personable. In addition to sharing common sights, he took us to several out-of-the-way places which helped provide a richer insight into the lives and livelihoods of the people that inhabited “The Rocks” over the centuries. Well worth the modest fee!
We really enjoyed our walking tour of the Rocks. Our terrific guide took us back in time to the foundation of Sydney and Australia. She made it come alive for us.
Very interesting with such informative details... Anne was great! The pictures along the way depicting all the change was amazing.
What a wonderful tour! Michael was our guide and filled our adventure with lots of fascinating historical nuggets. I became so wel-versed that the next day I ended up educating my coworkers on the history of the Rocks. This is the best way to start a Sydney trip, get acclimated and learn about Syndey’s origins. One of the best tours I’ve booked on Viator
Sophie was a great tour guide with lots of local knowledge. The tour was a perfect introduction to the history of Sydney.
My wife and I are locals and regularly visit the Rocks. This walking tour made us realise that we had been walking past some of Sydney's great historical sites with such interesting background stories. Now the Rock means so much more to us when we visit. Our tour guide Julie was the best and had a deep understanding of her topic which she presented fluently and with passion. I highly recommend this well run and fascinating tour.
Brian was full of Australian history about the Rocks He was passionate about this part of Sydney and loved to share his insight Awesome tour!
We booked online at short notice and were very pleased with the professionalism of the system and our guide was very pleasant and informative. Have already used viator again and looking for to our next adventure
Enjoyed the walk and the presentation. Our guide, Vickie, was great! Good stories supplemented by lots of pictures.
We very much enjoyed this tour, led by Sarah. She was delightful company and well informed. This tour covers a fascinating part of Sydney’s history.
The tour guide was very informative. She was amenable and easy to understand. The Rocks is very historical and this tour served as a wonderful setup for my other tours. At the end of the tour she also helped to guide us to our next destination.
VERY INTERESTING AND INFORMATIVE. ANNE DID A VERY GOOD JOB AT KEEPING US INTERESTED
I loved The Rocks Tour and tour guide Helen with the great job she did and the history she gave us all about The Rocks! All the history that goes along with The Rocks was very impressive and I totally enjoyed the walking tour. Very warm day out while doing the tour, but I enjoyed knowing how much of a role The Rocks location has been preserved and played in Sydney history. Very very popular place in Sydney for a lot of great reasons. You should enjoy this tour as well!
A short tour, but a good one. Would do it again!
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us