Small-Group Great Ocean Road Classic Day Tour from Melbourne
Join your small group eco-tour for the spectacular journey along the Great Ocean Road - One of Australia’s greatest coastal drives, including the world famous 12 Apostles, rolling hills and the Loch Ard Gorge shipwreck legends.
In the afternoon discover the Shipwreck Coast, stroll along the historic beaches and see Loch Ard Gorge. Arrive at the 12 Apostles where you will marvel at these enormous limestone offshore rock formations. With small tour groups, there is plenty of time to get out and explore nature at its very best. You will enjoy the benefits of personalised and interactive with our experienced and well-trained tour guides.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Torquay, Torquay, Victoria
Take a short break in the famous seaside town of Torquay, your guide will provide morning tea as you take in the sights.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Great Ocean Road Memorial Archway, Great Ocean Rd 689/721 Great Ocean Rd, Lorne, Victoria Australia
Memorial Arch Photo Stop - Hear memorable stories at Memorial Arch about the engineering feat that ended decades of isolation for the regions coastal communities.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kennett River, Kennett River, Victoria
Look for Koalas in their natural habitat at Kennett River! You'll also find a variety of very colourful bird life here.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Apollo Bay, Apollo Bay, Victoria
Break for lunch (own expense) in Apollo Bay. Our guides suggest grabbing some take-away food so you can wander down to the beautiful beach or browse the local stores.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mait's Rest, 17km west of Apollo Bay, Apollo Bay, Victoria Australia
Experience the tranquillity of the Great Otway National Park, a huge area of temperate rainforest. Be on the lookout for furry locals as you take a gentle stroll through the ferns and ancient trees.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, Victoria 3269 Australia
Take in the world famous 12 Apostles . See the enormous lilmestone stacks from the viewing platform.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Loch Ard Gorge, Great Ocean Road Port Campbell National Park, Port Campbell, Victoria Australia
The history of the infamous Shipwreck Coast is revealed on the beach at Loch Ard Gorge.
Duration: 45 minutes
- National Park fees
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- Pickup from selected hotels
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Coffee and/or Tea - Morning Tea is included
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Apostles
- Lunch - All meals & drinks apart from Morning Tea are at your own expense
Pickup is only available from the list of hotels provided upon checkout.
Your pickup will be between 7am-8am depending on which hotel you selected. Your exact meeting time will be provided after a booking is placed.
This tour returns to Melbourne at approximately 8pm-9pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack weighing no more than 11lbs ( 5 kg)
- If travelling with an infant, please contact Tour Operator directly and request infant seat
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We have been closely monitoring recommendations from the Australian Government & World Health Organisation (WHO) & based on their advice we have enhanced our cleaning procedures and implemented precautionary measures to ensure the highest levels of safety.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
We had a fabulous one day Ocean Road Trip with our guide Joel from Bunyip Tours. Pick up was on time. Joel gave us plenty of information along the way and added his own personal flair to the trip singing us a Koala song and taking us to Forest area where we were able to see Koala in their own habitat. The day was fabulous and well worth the money. Would definitely recommend.
Great guide! Many stops on the way. Trip a little bit tiring, but definitely worth it. The views are stunning!
This was a fantastic way to see the Great Ocean Road and sights without doing the driving. A long day with plenty of stops along the way and heaps of sights, all narrated by a knowledgable and friendly guide.
Fabulous trip ,scenery stunning, guide,Dave very knowledgeable and passed all his knowledge on to ,absolutely no complaints also no problem being an older lady on her own.Highly recommend it
Great tour guide / driver .. amusing guide / driver .. very informative.. definitely recommend this trip.
Most beautiful and spectacular sights we have ever seen! 12 Apostles and the koalas in the wild were fantastic
The great ocean road is super windy so people who get car sickness easily should probably prepare for that. Apart from that, the view during the ride is fantastic. All the attractions we went to was breathtaking but the best attraction would be loch ard gorge. That place is absolutely beautiful and is definitely the highlight of this whole trip.
Enjoyable day trip / a little rushed on some stops / a little more talking from our driver/ guide about points of interest is needed. Seats on the bus very hard for sitting on a long day trip.
We have a great time, our guide Jeremy is fantastic. The helicopter ride is awesome. First time seeing a Koala in wild
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our tour guide/driver, Rob, is a 1st class guide who took the time to get to know everyone in the group, making us feel at home. He looked after everyone's needs and has such a wacky personality! One of the fellow visitors felt ill during the road trip and Rob was so patient and kind to provide assistance to him. What a champ!
Great Ocean Road is the most iconic landmark/tourist attraction in Victoria. Long drive but worth the experience, I will definitely recommend this tour!
Good tour. Horrible food. Eat on your own.
Very long day mostly on a bus. Could probably leave out the Lighthouse. Lunch was not good. Served food w/ flies all over it. Went inside and bought separate food.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us