Small-Group Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles Full-Day Tour from Melbourne
Small-Group Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles Full-Day Tour from Melbourne
Great Ocean Road tour is one of the world’s most spectacular coastal drives! Leaving Melbourne we pass Torquay before enjoying morning tea at Southern Australia’s beautiful beaches. Twist and the wind along the spectacular Great Ocean Road enjoying awesome coastal photo opportunities. Along the way stop to see cuddly koalas in the wild.
Enjoy one of the the world’s most spectacular coastal drives as you travel on the world famous National Heritage listed Great Ocean Road Tour. See the abundance of Australian wildlife, whilst checking out the magnificent surf beaches, and walk among the ancient rainforest, before arriving in the afternoon to witness the marvel of these gigantic limestone stacks known as the 12 Apostles located in Port Campbell National Park.
There is no word to express the beauty of the Great Ocean Road Tour!
Experience one of the world’s most spectacular coastal drives! After leaving Melbourne early morning and passing the beautiful beach town of
Torquay it is time for some morning tea at Southern Australia’s beautiful beaches. Twist and wind along the spectacular
Great Ocean Road enjoying awesome coastal photo opportunities. See the lighthouse made famous from the TV series ‘
Round the Twist.’ Along the way stop to see cuddly koalas in the wild.
Apollo Bay for lunch (
from the 1st April 2019 Cafe Lunch will not be included in tour price), and if weather permits why not cool off in the magnificent Southern Ocean? After lunch stretch those legs whilst exploring an ancient rainforest, and admire some of the world’s tallest trees in the
Otway National Park. Travel through rolling hills toward
Port Campbell National Park and the breathtaking 12 Apostles. Learn about the tragic tales of the Shipwreck coast and view remarkable rock formations at
Loch Ard Gorge. Check out the fallen London Bridge and the quaint fishing village of Port Campbell or walk down the impressive Gibsons steps to get a different view of the 12 Apostles..
Sit back, relax and reflect on an action packed day full of nature walks, wildlife, surf beaches, incredible rock formations and spectacular coastal views heading towards Melbourne. Stop in the township of Colac for dinner (own expense).
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- National Park fees
- On-board water refill stations
- Professional driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- On-board electronic feedback tablets and free Wifi for the journey home.
- Download our FREE App “Tour Translations of Australia” before travelling
- Entry/Admission - The Great Ocean Road
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Apostles
- Personal expenses
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child fare prices apply from 0 to 12 years old. Infants aged 0 to 4 are not permitted to travel on adult laps and must be safely restrained within a child protective seat. Infant protective seats are free of charge and must be requested at time of booking.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Our vehicles are not wheelchair, prams or child stroller accessible please refrain from bring on tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 38 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitation. It is mandatory that all guests complete the Declaration of Health and Travel History and reconfirm their tour 48 hours prior to departure.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Beautiful scenery, nice pace, great guide and really enjoyable day. We had 7 stops in total and each one was worthy of our time. Our only regret was that we didn’t take the two or three day journey from Melbourne to Adelaide.
Wonderful trip. Our guide Kurt was very experienced. He totally outlined our day so we knew what was coming up. The stops were all worthwhile and enjoyable. My husband is a tall man and found the seats rather confining.
We had a great day. Both the guide and the driver are nice and kind persons!! I will definitely recommend this trip!
Nice view. Handy tour leader aka driver. Safe and sound. Good pictures.
What do you want more?
The tour guide was great, the day trip was organized and full of fun!
Our bus driver was very good. Very informative and interesting.
It's a tough ask to get this much driving done on a one day tour so I was pretty happy with it. Of course, being a bus tour, you spend alot of time on the bus. My only issue was with the seating. Unless you are lucky enough to have a set of chairs to yourself, prepare to be a little cosy with the person next to you. Not a whole lot of leg room. Not a small group tour! To me, a small group tour is 10 or so. This was not
Other then that I was pretty chuffed. The Otaway Forrest stop was very good and the views a long the great ocean road where consistently amazing.
I enjoyed my day trip with Autopia Tours led by Tim. I was staying in Melbourne and wanted to get out to the countryside to see some of Australia's beautiful landscapes but didn't feel confident to drive myself. This tour checked all my boxes to see the ocean, rainforests, and wildlife while making it convenient to be picked up and dropped off near my CBD hotel. Our guide Tim made everyone feel welcomed and curated a full day of sights for our group. I will say that I definitely wish we had more time at each stop since each location is uniquely beautiful, but it was a longgg day so in order to squeeze in everything, it is necessary to stick to a schedule.
It was a very hot summer’s day on our trip. We felt that our transport was outdated with the air-conditioning barely coping and neither was the “promised” wifi working adequately.
Unfortunately we wont forget this trip in a hurry. This small group tour was in a full 24 seater coach. Very cramped, no leg room and nowhere to put anybags so i sat with it on my lap the whole time. Our driver and guide ' Phil ' was very rude to a couple of passengers and also drove at a great speed. didnt feel very safe at all. A very uncomfortable day.We were prepared for a long day, but a total of 8 and 3/4 hours on the coach and only a total of 3 hours and 40 minutes visiting sites was not quite what we expected. A very disapointing trip.
On the plus side, the places we visited we lovely and would love to go back and do it all again properly to see more.
we were promised a small group tour but were put on a big bust with 42 people. we were promised water during the trip, tea and snacks in the morning, None of that was provided we had to keep buying water on our stops, and did not have any morning tea nor snacks. Our tour guide driver was awful did not do any commentary . he talked on his phone with a friend during our travels. Tour was not as advertised. Very disappointed.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us