Reef and Island Scenic Flight from Airlie Beach
Begin your tour 45-60 minutes before departure time, with hotel/accommodation pickup.
The 60-minute flight includes all of the best sites the Whitsundays and Great Barrier Reef have to offer. It’s easy to understand why the Great Barrier Reef is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the amazing contrast of colors is something that’s best experienced from the air.
Taking off from Whitsunday Airport, your tour takes you over most of the 74 islands in the Whitsundays. You'll see the island resorts dotted around the islands as you head toward Whitehaven Beach and the renowned Hill Inlet.
Enjoy two passes of Australia's best beach and then head out to the Great Barrier Reef. Included in your tour is the famous Heart Reef, nestled amongst the bright colors and patterns of Hardy Reef. On board, everyone enjoys a window seat, a pilot commentary and superb views from our fleet of high wing aircraft.
Sights include Shute Harbour, Hamilton Island, Hill Inlet, Whitehaven Beach, Heart Reef, Hook Reef, Hayman Island, Hook Island, and Daydream Island.
- In-flight pilot commentary
- Guaranteed window seats
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Subject to availability) Contact GSL for more information 07 4946 9097
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers (Ages 3+)
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Weight restrictions apply on all flights. 125kg max per passenger.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
We enjoyed the flight. It provided great vision of the Whitsunday islands and the reef. Our pilot was knowledgeable, competent and good company.
Pilot and staff were all so helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to help. The whole experience over the islands and reef was amazing and the pilot was great at explaining what everything was too.
Already have recommended you to a friend as they are up that way in July.
Thank you for making our experience pleasurable and created lots of amazing memories.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us