Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary & Penguins Day Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puffing Billy Railway, 1 Old Monbulk Road, Belgrave, Victoria 3160 Australia
Board the historic Puffing Billy Steam Train for a ride through the lush, green forests of the Dandenong Ranges. Learn a little on the history of the area and watch the quaint towns rolls by as you wind up the mountain.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, 550 Tyabb-Tooradin Rd, Pearcedale, Victoria 3912 Australia
Come face-to-face with some of Australia's most famous native animals including Koalas, Kangaroos, Wallabies and Wombats! You'll also have the opportunity to get up close to Kangaroos*
*small additional fee
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Nobbies Centre, 1320 Ventnor Rd, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Once on Phillip Island, your guide will take you to The Nobbies & Seals Rocks for a chance to snap beautiful, panoramic photos of the surrounding coast & sea. If you're lucky, you might even see some members of Australia's largest fur seal colony lazing on the rocks.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd Summerlannds Estate, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
At dusk, watch as hundreds of tiny Little Penguins make their way out of the surf, up Summerland Beach and into their burrows. Take some time to wander the many paths and boardwalks within the park for your chance to see some Penguins up close as they settle in for the night.
Duration: 2 hours
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup from selected hotels
- One-way journey on Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Entry to Moonlit Sanctuary & the Penguin Parade
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Puffing Billy Railway
- Entry/Admission - Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
- Meals & drinks
Pickup is only available from the list of hotels provided upon checkout.
Your pickup will be between 9am-10am (Apr-Oct) or 10am-11am (Nov-Mar) depending on which hotel you selected. Your exact meeting time will be provided after a booking is placed.
This tour returns to Melbourne at approximately 9pm-midnight depending on the season.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack weighing no more than 11lbs ( 5 kg)
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- If travelling with an infant, please contact Tour Operator directly and request infant seat
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We have been closely monitoring recommendations from the Australian Government & World Health Organisation (WHO) & based on their advice we have enhanced our cleaning procedures and implemented precautionary measures to ensure the highest levels of safety.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Alan our tour guide was wonderful. Healesville sanctuary was a great stop-we loved the platypus and bird talk. The train is a fun experience, but it is a little disorganized because there are too many workers organizing people.
Matt was great. He made sure we had a super day out and saw lots of beautiful sights. Both parts of the trip were great and well worth the money
Enjoyable trip for the whole family. Guide Steve was very friendly and engaging. Thumbs up!
The 3 hours spent at the Sanctuary gave us ample time to view and be up-close with the Australian wildlife, especially the platypus, echidna, Tasmanian Devil, wallabies, etc. The steam locomotive ride, though a short trip, was a wonderful experience!
Special mention goes to Mat, our driver, who was both fun-loving and entertaining! He make the one-day trip a memorable one for us.
What fun the day was, definitely recommend this tour
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us