Premium Cider, Wine & Whiskey Tour - Small Group Full-Day Tour from Perth
This tour includes door to door pick-up from hotels in Perth City, Northbridge or Crown Perth. Alternative meeting points are outside Wellington Street train station and at the Bell Tower.
Our tours are guaranteed to be a maximum of 12 people, so that you get a personalised and memorable experience.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Up Close and Local Tours, Perth, Western Australia 6000 Australia
Door to door pick up from your Perth CBD, Northbridge or Crown Perth accommodation. Option available for pick up in Fremantle.
Stop At: Perth Hills, Perth Hills, Greater Perth, Western Australia
The Perth Hills has a cider and wine trail, you ask? It absolutely does! And it’s a little bit of a local secret – which is exactly what makes it such an amazing day out. Aside from the stunning views of endless vineyards and orchards around every corner, the boutique wineries in this region offer a more intimate experience where you will often find the winemaker or owner pouring your tastings.
On any tour with Up Close and Local, you are guaranteed to taste some amazing wines and local produce - but this tour is about much more than that. It’s about getting to know the locals, hearing their stories and seeing first hand why each of these craft producers is so unique.
We start the day with a tasting paddle of five signature ciders at a craft cider house while enjoying views over the apple orchards; we then visit two fantastic wineries for extensive wine tastings (sampling some rare and hard-to-find varietals), explore like one of the locals with a walk through the vineyard and orchard, where you are invited to taste the most delicious seasonal fruit straight off the trees – making this a real farm to glass experience.
This is all thirsty work, so after some wine tastings, relax with a gourmet platter lunch with a selection of cheeses, meats, antipasto and some Italian specialties in a fabulous boutique winery setting - again with those amazing views!
And how do we round out the day? We head to Perth's only urban Whiskey distillery for a private behind scenes tour inside the distillery to see how it’s made – then finish with some Whiskey and Moonshine tastings, of course.
Duration: 6 hours
- Tasting paddle of five craft ciders at a local Cider House
- Taste a wide range of wines at premium boutique wineries
- Go behind-the-scenes in the vineyard and orchard (exclusive to this tour)
- Take a behind-the-scenes Whiskey distillery tour with guided tastings
- Gourmet platter lunch with stunning vineyard views
- Personalised tour with a knowledgeable local Tour Guide
- Door-to-door pick up from Perth City / Northbridge meeting points or hotels
- Air-conditioned, comfortable transport
- Bottled water, umbrellas, sunscreen
Door-to-door pick up from hotels in Perth City, Northbridge or Crown Perth is included. If your hotel is not in the pick up list but is in these areas please include it in your booking notes.
Timing for all pick up locations is approximate, Up Close and Local Tours will contact you prior to the tour to confirm your exact pick up time and provide any instructions required for your pick up location.
PICK UP - APPROX 9.40am
• Hotels/Apartments in Perth City / Northbridge
• Next to the Bell Tower at Barrack Square
• Outside Wellington Street Train Station (Perth Station)
PICK UP - APPROX 9.50am
• Crown Perth Hotels
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For the comfort and enjoyment of all passengers this is an adults only tour (18+)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking, most requirements including vegetarian and gluten free can be catered for
- The duration of this tour is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
I have been on two tours with Up Close and Local Tours. Both times were with relatively small groups. First on the Cider, Wine, and Whisky tour and the second time it was a wine tasting tour where we visited selected wineries. I can highly recommend both of these tours. The atmosphere was friendly and informal and at the same time quite informative.
We had a great day with Shannon who was full of information and showed us to some great places that didn't disappoint. I could not recommend this company highly enough and will definitely be telling all my friends!
Thank you Paul for the wonderful day of cider, wine and whisky. You have a wealth of knowledge about this industry. We particularly enjoyed the cider tasting as we did not know there is such a variety of cider. We will definitely recommend our friends to enjoy your experience when they are in Perth.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us