Passions of Paradise Great Barrier Reef Snorkel and Dive Cruise from Cairns by Luxury Catamaran
Passions of Paradise Great Barrier Reef Snorkel and Dive Cruise from Cairns by Luxury Catamaran
Dive, snorkel and sail the Great Barrier Reef with an award-winning company with 30 years’ experience operating personalized day tours to the Great Barrier Reef. The 80-foot catamaran sails from Cairns to two unique locations where you can choose to dive or snorkel with colorful fish, turtles and an amazing array of coral. With a choice of 27 outer Great Barrier Reef destinations your friendly crew can select the location best suited to the weather offering you the best possible Great Barrier Reef experience on a luxury purpose built catamaran!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Queensland Australia
Passions of Paradise have access to over 26 destinations on the outer Great Barrier Reef. Each day you will visit 2 of these locations chosen for their suitability to the weather conditions. Snorkel or dive with our experienced crew and view an underwater world teeming with marine life and spectacular coral reefs.
Duration: 5 hours
- A stylish fast modern catamaran visiting two exclusive outer reef locations
- Morning tea/coffee & mini muffins
- Lunch - Hot and cold chef prepared buffet lunch
- Snacks - Afternoon tea/coffee, fresh fruit, cheese & crackers
- Complimentary Snorkel tour and tuition
- 10 minute in water introduction to Scuba Diving
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- A marine naturalist presentation
- All marine park fees and levies
- Winter Wet Suits or Summer Sun Suits
- Prescription Masks
- $20 p/p levy included in price - Only $10 charged until June 30th 2021
- Underwater Camera hire: AU$60 with an 8GB micro SD card or AU$40 with your own card
- Soft drinks and alcohol available at the bar (cash and credit cards accepted)
- Return transfers; Cairns City $18p/p. Cairns Northern Beaches $25p/p - Must be booked in advance
- Carbon offset - Offset your carbon foot print for only $1p/p
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring swim wear, towels, sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat!
- Check in will commence at 7.00am at the Reef Fleet Terminal for an 8am departure
- Please note: prescription medication and certain medical conditions will preclude you from scuba diving in Queensland without a Queensland Dive Medical. These conditions include, but are not limited to, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, heart problems, lung problems, ear problems, high or low blood pressure, current cough, cold or flu, chronic sinus conditions, fainting or seizures, plus the use of prescription medication including those used for the treatment of anxiety and depression. Please contact us directly to discuss your suitability for diving.
- The minimum age for scuba diving in Queensland is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Scuba Diving in Queensland; prescription medication and certain medical conditions will preclude you from scuba diving in Queensland without a Queensland Dive Medical. These conditions include, but are not limited to, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, heart problems, lung problems, ear problems, high or low blood pressure, current cough, cold or flu, chronic sinus conditions, fainting or seizures, plus the use of prescription medication including those used for the treatment of anxiety and depression.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 68 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All passengers will be required to complete a COVID 19 screening declaration prior to boarding. In accordance with the Queensland Government Covid Safe Plan passengers contact details will be collected and stored for the purpose of contact tracing for a maximum of 56 days.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
What a day what an experience This was an excellent day made by Passions of Paradise from a great spot to go diving/snorkeling to every crew member on board who were great and made the experience even better this is a do adventure with POP we will definitely do again
A fantastic day out. The crew were friendly and very experienced. The marine talk that was given by Russell was really interesting and enjoyable. The boat was spacious and comfortable. The snorkling was great fun. The reef was beautiful. The crew ensure your safety at all times. I highly recommend this trip.
Great tour! Couldn’t get better customer service, the crew make you feel at home and are very knowledgeable! You can tell they really love what they do.. an awesome
Time out snorkeling on the reef was awesome to!
It was sunny but the sea was a little rough on our way so some people started to feel really sick including my son. He couldn't hold it and had to vomit but crew members, especially Simon, helped us so well and quickly. Eventually my son was able to enjoy his first diving. Every group had our own place; the table and seats were all spacious and comfort and we enjoyed morning tea and afternoon tea with various tropical fruits and scorn. Lunch was also nice. The crew members served us so well through all meals and activities and we had a perfect cruise on holiday.
The crew was really friendly and helpful. Due to COVID I can the staff are frequently cleaning the handrail. Food was good. I did an intro dive and the staff dived with us and was by our side the whole way through to ensure safety. The weather was beautiful. It was a 5 star experience.
Fantastic Trip. Lovely comfortable boat with plenty of space. We took our 3 children who had a great time. The staff are helpful and friendly. The reef was amazing and they do a great educational talk on the boat with some great jokes and the kids found it interesting too. Awesome fruit platters throughout the day too!
Such a lovely local company. Amazing food, they cater for all diets requirements too! The fact that they help to conserve the reef is so nice to know as well. I really recommend this tour. Super friendly staff, funny too. The boat is really clean which put my mind at ease, especially during this pandemic.
We were on the last trip that was still carried out because of Corona. I have never experienced such a well-rehearsed crew that made our day unforgettable despite the coming professional uncertainty. I would like to mention Russell in particular, who introduced us to everything about life under water in a very entertaining way. A really great guy! The catamaran itself is really very chic, the food was good (cold: different fresh salads / warm: noodles and rice) and the tour route to the outer reef was perfectly planned. In total we were on the way for about 9 hours, 5 hours of which we were at two different places on the reef. The snorkeling was a lot of fun. Many thanks again to the great crew. Take care of yourself!
Friendliest crew almost every one knew us by our first names and actually talked to us safety conscious double counts and many guides and spotters for snorkeling
Two reefs visited amazing fish and coral
Ship had ample food coffee and muffins buffet and cheese in the afternoon
Well run with very detailed safety discussions
Passions of Paradise is a great company!
They do everything you can wish for to have a nice trip.
The crew really care about everyone and they are really helpful.
Absolutely amazing experience! Staff was WONDERFUL! High Recommend to anyone to do. I was worried about it being too many people, but I never felt crowded. I chose to snorkel and they were great making sure everyone felt comfortable and enjoyed their experience. I thought the food was much better than other catamaran experiences I have been on (and plenty of it).
Awesome experience, the reef was beautiful. Staff was great, the boat was clean and the lunch was delicious. Wish we could’ve had another dive!
We had an amazing day out with this group. The boat was a good size and all equipment was provided. Some of the highlights included lunch, two excellent reef spots and underwater photography. The staff were fantastic - kind, funny and they made the experience more enjoyable. The on board marine biologist talk was also a great way to wrap up the day. We did an introductory dive and the staff were very patient and understanding with nervous first time divers - ended up having a blast! Highly recommend as this is one of the last locally owned and operated boats in the area we were told.
The staff on the cruise were amazing and upbeat the whole time, which really made the experience that much better! It was a beautiful day, and they took us to great snorkel sites!
An amazing experience! They accomidated to all ages, fitness levels and abilities! The only thing was it was quite choppy going to our first reef and a few people became ill but they all improved as the conditions did. Staff were very attentive.
Started out the day with muffins, some briefings then off to the most amazing and incredible sites ever right in front of our faces. The staff was great watching out for us all day!
Thank you for an awesome experience!!
The crew was proffesional and super friendly. Lunch and snacks were better than expected. Made 2 certified dives with a girl named Pheobe. She was great!
This tour was absolutely awesome with a great crew looking after us. My partner and I opted to do the introductory scuba dive and it was such an amazing experience. Where better to try scuba diving than the Great Barrier Reef? Our instructor Jess was superb and we felt very safe under the water with her supervision. Thanks so much! The boat was very relaxing with plenty of places to sit and the lunch was very good. Highly recommend. Couldn't have wished for a better time spent at the reef
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us