Palm Valley 4WD Tour from Alice Springs
Palm Valley 4WD Tour from Alice Springs
Explore the Palm Valley area on a full-day tour from Alice Springs, and take an off-road excursion to see rock pools and rugged outback landscapes by 4WD. The tour includes a delicious lunch and a visit to the Hermannsburg Aboriginal community, combining relaxation and history in one of Central Australia’s most celebrated river oases.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hermannsburg Historic Precinct, Hermannsburg Road, Hermannsburg, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
Visit Hermannsburg Aboriginal Community, the birthplace of artist Albert Namatjira. View amazing artworks at the gallery and explore the historic buildings
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palm Valley, Finke Gorge National Park, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
Travel down the bed of the Finke River, one of oldest water courses in the world, into Palm Valley. See spectacular rock forms, white sands and an oasis of rock pools and palm trees. Some plants such as the cycad and 'Livistonia Mariae' (cabbage palm) are known world-wide as relic plants and are unique to Central Australia. Visit the spectacular rock formation known as the Ampitheatre. Enjoy a picnic lunch this afternoon. On the return journey, relax and enjoy the changing colours of the magnificent West MacDonnell Ranges in the afternoon light
Duration: 5 hours
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Alice Springs
- Morning tea with scones, tea and coffee
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in the heart of Palm Valley
- Transport in comfortable, air-conditioned 4WD coach
- Experienced local driver guide
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission - Hermannsburg Historic Precinct
- Entry/Admission - Palm Valley
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list during the booking process. Your hotel pick-up time will be displayed on your voucher. If you wish to change your pick-up location from the one selected, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the drop down list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
We had a wonderful trip. Weather is good. Scenery is breathtaking. The tour guide is knowledgeable. Recommended this tour.
A great day out. Firstly, to Hermannsburg where we had morning tea provided by the Lutheran community and I am told our lunch later in the day was made by them - beautiful and gracious people. Can buy aboriginal art here which helps the community.
The trip to Palm Valley was quite an experience travelling over dry creek beds and dusty tracks. Be prepared to endure a rough ride often getting tossed from side to side. Palm Valley itself is absolutely beautiful and well worth any discomfort. On the way out we visited Flynn's grave which was a bonus for me as I didn't expect it and saw where Albert Namitjura did his famous painting.
The guide was fantastic and it was a really great day. The luck provided was great too. Highly recommend
Couldn't have believed that this place existed if we didn't do the tour. Fantastic
Excellent tour. Some challenging walks and very rough tracks. Excellent lunch.
great day out with a fantastic guide! Highly recomended.
Had a great day, good company and a good guide.
This was a great trip , well organised and on a comfortable bus we enjoyed the commentary given by the driver. The billy tea in the river bed went down a treat as did the lunch served after our walk along palm valley. Would recommend the trip to any one who will listen.
A pleasant day trip. The visit to Hermansberg was great and just as I had remembered it.
John was an excellent guide and driver who safely negotiated the river beds and rocky tracks. Walk in Palm Valley was on the flat and easy or for more adventurous a hill and rim walk. Don't pass up the strudel in Hermannsberg, it is very good.
Very interesting experience set at a good pace, very knowledgeable tour guide.
Verry charming tour. Wonderful views.
Good day and very interesting. Temperature was very hot so some activities were self restricted. The track in was very rough and some elderly people were uncomfortable.
Really good, driver/offsider very good and very efficient. Driver very experienced but track into Palm Valley terrible realise it is only a track but sitting in the back of the bus was very uncomfortable.
On the whole - great to have been there.
The guide was excelent, the places are amazing. Very nice views.
Scenery was beautiful. Bus ride was quite uncomfortable and the track into the valley was very rough. Staff were not as friendly as we had previously encountered. Lunch was good.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us