Outer Reef Pontoon Experience from Cairns
Outer Reef Pontoon Experience from Cairns
Travel by air-conditioned catamaran from Cairns Marina to our Moore Reef Pontoon on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, perfectly positioned and equipped for you to explore this reef that is teeming with colourful coral and fascinating fish.
Spend 4 hours exploring the reef by taking advantage of the free inclusions such as unlimited glass bottom boat & semi-submersible tours, an ocean kid's enclosed pool, individual lunch box*, all snorkelling equipment, underwater observatory, marine life touch tank & fish feeding.
The pontoon also features a sundeck to relax in the sun and look out over the turquoise waters in between activities. That's also where you'll find the waterslide - the only theme park waterslide on the reef!
Dial up the adventure and add on optional extras like include Introductory or Certified diving, Seawalker Helmet dive, Guided Snorkel Safari or even a Scenic helicopter flight.
*lunch boxes not included for infant tickets (0-3yrs). This can be added by contacting us.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Queensland Australia
Sunlover's Marine Base at Moore Reef on the Outer Great Barrier Reef is teeming with colourful coral and abundant marine life in every colour of the rainbow.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Fitzroy Island, Fitzroy Island, Queensland
On our Moore Reef Daily experience we make a brief stop enroute and on the way back from the reef to pick up and drop off passengers.
Fitzroy Island is favourite trip for Cairns' locals with 99% of its landscape covered in lush tropical rainforest as well as granite outcrops, open woodlands, mangroves and coral beaches.
Learn more about the marine life of the Great Barrier Reef with a visit to Cairns Turtle Rehabilitation Centre or the Reef Restoration coral nursery, take a bushwalk to the Summit or Lighthouse, snorkel straight off the beach or simply relax on the sandy shores of the famous Nudey Beach - voted the best beach in Australia.
Inquire about our Fitzroy Island Transfers, which give you 6 hours to explore this paradise. Or, for the ultimate tropical island and reef experience combine it with a Moore Reef Daily cruise and save.
- Snorkeling equipment
- Glass bottom boat and Semi-Submersible tours (unlimited)
- Sunlover waterslide and spacious sun deck
- Great Barrier Reef and fish feeding presentations by our marine experts
- Underwater observatory and ocean enclosed pool
- Lunch - Individual Packed Lunch Boxes. Please advise of any dietary requirements (excl Infants, lunch can be added $10each direct with Sunlover))
- Coffee and/or Tea - While the vessel is stationary
- WiFi on board
- Fresh water showers and change rooms
- Environmental Management Charge (EMC)
- Entry/Admission - Great Barrier Reef
- Additional cost: Wetsuit and prescription snorkel mask
- Snacks - Additional cost: food & drink from the bar
- Additional cost: Guided Snorkel Tour, Intro or Certified Diving, Seawalker Helmet Dive, Heli Filghts
- Additional cost: professional photos or camera hire
- Additional cost: Secure lockers
- Additional Cost: Lunch for Infants (0-3yrs) can be added for $10 direct with Sunlover
- Additional Cost: Hotel Transfers can be added directly with Sunlover
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years for SCUBA diving and Seawalker Helmet dive
- Please ensure you bring your dive certification for Certified SCUBA dives
- All dives are subject to an on board medical checklist, please contact us for more information.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 340 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Lunch is now offered as individual lunch packs.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
This was a day full of adventure and new experiences. The Pontoon was amazing. We snorkelled, we went on the water slide that just through you out into the water, the glass bottom boat allowed you to see the Coral up close. But best of all was the HELMET WALK, this is the best experience I have ever had. If you are scared of scuba diving, you MUST do the HELMET WALK. It costs extra, but I would do it all over again.
The trip was great staff helpful reef great best I seen so far lunch was good enjoyed the trip out smooth waters conditions were perfect ship clean good service staff friendly.
Awesome adventure! Perfect day of weather and calm seas. The crew were very helpful. We did the guided snorkel safari and it was amazing and very much worth the additional cost
Our guide was very knowledgeable about everything we were seeing. It was perfect for those who are not comfortable with snorkeling. The lunch buffet was good. I recommend Sunlover's wholeheartedly. We were one of two couples traveling together and had a wonderful day!
Absolutely loved this tour of Great Barrier Reef, boat ride out to the reef was steady, got to the pontoon and was given various choices of how you want to see the reef. We chosen the glass bottom boat which is brilliant and would recommend those who are none or not strong swimmers to use this as you wouldn't miss anything out. Great food on the boat and plenty to drink so you wouldn't get dehydrated. Great staff and very friendly. I would recommend and use them again.
This is a terrific tour. The embarkation process is simple and the crew on board were great. Seasickness pills are a great suggestion, as there were a lot of people suffering. Once we got out to the pontoon, there were a number of activities you could choose. Also, the meal provided was excellent.
Our day was perfect. Amazing staff everywhere to help. The lunch was great, and when kids wanted a break they loved the slide. Best day of our holidays.
A truly magical experience. There was a comprehensive, understandable and humorously presented safety briefing on the way out to the reef. You wear a life-jacket so even if you are not confident in the water it's not a problem. Even a non-swimmer would be fine as long as they are not scarred of water. No matter how much you've seen on TV nothing is as good as seeing it for yourself. Simply float with your head in the water and let the fish come to you, they're pretty curious. Plenty of time to swim around and see everything. There's trips on a glass bottom boat and semi-submersible too. Lunch was good and all the crew really nice. Highly recommended and I hope to do it again some time.
Had a great tour. Options of glass bottom boat, submersible submarine and scuba diving was just amazing. But the crowningglory was the helicopter flight over the reef! The view was awesome. Am so glad that we took the flight. All our family and grandchildren enjoyed it thoroughly. Also seeing the marine life and the reef up so close was a very thrilling experience for all of us. Complimentary tea and coffee on the catamaran was a great idea. Though the food at lunch seemed to be running out...was a bit tough to grabsomething before it finished
Loved this tour and going to the Reef, it was the highlight of my trip. The staff were really great with setting us up with our gear and really enjoyed when one of them snorkeled with us and showed us Nemo and the Sea Turtle and gave us information on the area and fish that were there and about saving the ocean. We lucked out on the weather as it had rained for the previous 3 days.
Une super journée !
une équipe accueillante et très professionnelle pour toutes les activités.
Le buffet du midi est très bon.
Pas le temps de s'ennuyer
Going to the Great Barrier Reef was a highlight of out Australian trip. The boat that took us to the reef was conveniently located from the peer where out cruise ship as docked, about a fifteen minute walk. The staff was very helpful, and my wife really enjoyed being abler to snorkel with no time constraint. I gag so made use of the glass bottom boat and semi-sub to view the wonderment and beauty of the reef. The lunch was excellent as well.
An experience that we will never forget. It was well worth our time and money. We enjoyed it very much. There was so much beauty to be seen.
This crew did their best to make sure it was a good experience no matter your swimming abilities for everyone. My husband and I did some snorkelling and an introductory scuba dive. We ended up being the only two divers with our instructor Vance who gave us an incredible experience. We got some amazing pictures. We also did a glass bottom boat tour of the reef. I don't know how much more you could pack in one day. I tend to have motion sickness and was advised by a local pharmascist to take non-drowsy travel calm. This proved to be a very smart move as there were a lot of people on board who were sick on the way out to the reef. The staff were amazing in helping these individuals. Highly recommend travel calm half hour before going out and before coming back.
Amazing! I highly recommend it.
Fabulous attentive staff! More than I could ever expect! Excellent trip!
Great tour great to dive on the reef recommend
Excellent trip. Weather was good to us. Information and personnel top notch. The Reef is amazing.
Truly an experience you'll remember for the rest of your life. Everything was smooth and on time. We only snorkeled and did a snorkeling tour that was so worth the price. The tour guide was nice and extremely knowledgable. We actually went to Hanauma Bay after the reef because a friend said it was some of the best snorkeling on Hawaii and it didn't even come close to The Great Barrier Reef. Cairns, where we launched from, is a nice little touristy town with a couple things to do to keep you busy if you still have the energy when you get back from swimming.
I read that a number of people had complaints about how crowded the boat was, but in April he boat was maybe, MAYBE, half booked. That left a lot of open water for us to explore.
If I was going to give anyone tips about preparing, the two I would give are
1. If you have ANY motion sickness issues, get something for it or buy the 3 tabs they offer as soon as you get on board. A number of people were extremely ill because the waters near the shore were so choppy. One poor guy went through 6 vomit bags on the way back in.
2. Find out what people who snorkel you can find out online probably do to keep their masks from fogging up. Having to keep stopping to defog your mask will take away from your experience.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us