Ord River Explorer with Sunset
Triple J Tours operates exclusively on Lake Kununurra between the Diversion Dam (Kununurra) to the Ord Top Dam (Lake Argyle). Fast-boat cruising, incredible gorge country, an abundance of birdlife and wildlife on Australia's Longest Daily River Cruise - 110km round trip! Completing the day with a striking East Kimberley sunset - there is no better way to spend a day in the Kimberley!
If you have been fortunate enough to visit Lake Argyle already, or you are an avid photographer chasing incredible scenery in changing light, take a cruise up and down the river on Australia's Longest Daily River Cruise - the Ord River Explorer!
Be taken by coach at 11.30am to the Marina and one of Triple J's modern vessels. Then it's out into the East Kimberley wilderness, 55kms gliding over an iconic outback waterway, scanning the landscape for birds and wildlife, maybe a freshwater crocodile sunning itself on a rock.
The last 15km of the cruise is an exhilarating one with fast-flowing water and narrow paths before arriving at the Ord Top Dam (& you get to experience this twice!). Gaze in awe at the man-made spectacle that made this thriving ecosystem possible, before turning and heading back downstream to a riverside camp for afternoon tea.
Nearing Kununurra, appreciate the immense beauty of a Kimberley sunset whilst still out on the water.
You will be returned to your pick up point at the conclusion of the tour.
- Coffee and/or Tea - Pumpkin scones, cake and/or a muffin on the banks of the river.
- Argyle Downs Homestead Museum
- Lunch - Please have lunch before departure.
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-ups commence at the time stated and it can take 15-20 mins to collect all guests from all accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
would recommend anyone to go on this tour. Dylan the captain was very informative about the things that we seen on the 55 km tour up the Ord river. we was very happy that we booked the tour. even got picked up at the caravan park that we was staying at. on the edge of the lake. the sunset view was really good. seen fresh water crocs laying in the un on bank of river. You also get a lovely afternoon on the bank of river.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us