Mornington Peninsula Day Trip from Melbourne
Travel to the tip of the Peninsula to visit the seaside town of Portsea, with its famous coloured bathing boxes, stunning cliff top walks, and beautiful lookouts such as London Bridge.
Enjoy a lunch at a local farmgate and sample some wine tasting.
Later experience a bird’s eye view over Mornington Peninsula on Arthurs Seat Eagle and fly over the state forest.
Towards the end of your day, enjoy a guided chocolate tasting at the Mornington Peninsula Chocolaterie or instead, during November-March you may pick your very own juicy strawberries! (additional expense).
Only one hour from Melbourne, the charming Mornington Peninsula showcases Victoria's stunning treasures!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Millionaires Walk, Sorrento, Joondalup, Western Australia Australia
Find out why the Mornington Peninsula is the playground of the rich and famous! Your guide will take you to see a range of Sorrentos & Portseas best attraction including stunning coastal views from the London Bridge lookout, Portsea Pier and even some colourful bathing boxes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Sorrento, Sorrento, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
Enjoy a visit to one of the best seaside towns on the Peninsula!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Red Hill, Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
Enjoy a scrumptious tapas-styled lunch at the award winning Green-Olive Winery. They will even take you through a tasting of their finest local wines.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Arthurs Seat Eagle, 795 Arthurs Seat Rd Summit Station, Arthurs Seat, Victoria 3936 Australia
Panoramic views of the Peninsula and Port Phillip Bay on the Arthurs Seat Eagle Gondola.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mornington Peninsula Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery, 45 Cook St, Flinders, Victoria 3929 Australia
Finish up your day with a delicious chocolate tasting at the Mornington Peninsula Chocolaterie. Or, during November-March, you can instead choose to pick your very own strawberries at Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm.
Duration: 1 hour
- Wine tasting
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- Pickup from selected hotels
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- One-way Gondola Ride
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Arthurs Seat Eagle
- Entry/Admission - Mornington Peninsula Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery
- Strawberry picking (additional $4 - $8)
Pickup is only available from the list of hotels provided upon checkout.
Your pickup will be between 7am-8am depending on which hotel you selected. Your exact meeting time will be provided after a booking is placed.
This tour returns to Melbourne at approximately 5:30pm-6:30pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years to consume alcohol
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack weighing no more than 11lbs ( 5 kg)
- If travelling with an infant, please contact Tour Operator directly and request infant seat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We have been closely monitoring recommendations from the Australian Government & World Health Organisation (WHO) & based on their advice we have enhanced our cleaning procedures and implemented precautionary measures to ensure the highest levels of safety.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
It is run by a small group and the tour guide is friendly!
Fantastic day trip and a terrific guide.
Very enjoyable with a delicious lunch.
We were really happy with this tour and our guide Rob was great and very helpful and informative. Would definitely recommend the Hot Springs option for this tour, it was amazing! The lunch was delicious, with lots to choose from. We really enjoyed the whole tour!!!!!
This tour was amazing!
Phil is very knowledgable and he went through the history of many places - entirely enjoyable trip even without the hot spring treat which we did not sign up for. The food and wine were fantastic. Also drove us all the way back to North Melbourne, a very good welcome day tour to Melbourne!
So much packed into one day - but very enjoyable. Lunch was very average though and would have preferred to buy my own - all entrance fees were included which was great. Our driver/ guide was also fantastic!
Very enjoyable and great tour guide...looked after us well
Great all around! Would do it again! We had a great tour guide!
We have a great time. The view was wonderful and our guide Steve was really informative, helpful and he even took us to places that not included in the tour.
Good Morning, The day trip to the Peninsula was wonderful. From pick up to drop off. Well worth the money. Having to watch my diet I was happy when we visited the bakery in Sorrento to be able to buy GF pies.. and other products. Delicious !!!! Might be worth a mention as it is a common complaint these days. " Made In Sorrento"
Would use and recomend the company again. Cheers, N. Negri . (FNQ.)
Driver was very friendly and informative. Saw some magnificent scenery and visited some great places including Mornington Chocolates and T'Gallant Winery. Lunch at Cups Winery was superb. A great day!!
We had a great day touring the Mornington Penninsula. We particularly enjoyed the visit to Point Nepean. Lunch was fabulous and had a fun afternoon at the Lavender farm.
John is such a pleasant guide, he's very informative, friendly, passionate and warm. He's the best tour guide I've ever had. I brought my mum and twin along for the trip and they really enjoyed their time. It was the highlight of their Melbourne trip. I can't thank John enough! =)
Very excellen tour.
Wonderful Mornington Peninsula tour by Bunyip with Claire and John (in-training) as our guides. With just 7 visitors, the tours was relaxing with many interesting points revealed by John who had a family house at Mornington Peninsula. Had a splendid wine sampling at Cups Estatea and a light and enjoyable lunch there. Highly reccomended.
Truly well worth doing with a guide like Matthew who made our day very entertaining and pleasureable. I would recommend this tour to anyone. Small group travel is more personal.
One of the best bus trip I have be on.The driver was excellent. Everywhere we went we were most welcome,the lunch at cup winery was excellent.
Relaxed enjoyable day. Helpful guide. We were not interested in picking strawberries so he suggested a visit to nearby winery instead.
This is the most informative and interesting guided tour I had amongst my various tours I had before. A must do tour if you want to see and know about the real life of Orague beyond tourist spots visits.
My guide is also very engaging, cheerful, and knowledgeable.
Strongly recommended tour.
We covered several scenic locations such as the Portsea Surf beach and the Quarantine station. Lunch at the Green Olive was good, and there was even complimentary wine tasting at the Green Olive after lunch! We went to the strawberry farm after that. The last stop was the Enchanted Adventure Garden which was rather interesting. It would have been better if there was more time to try out the tree surfing activities which looked very exciting at the Enchanted Adventure Garden.
Rob a cheerful and unflappable guide. . Fitted quite a bit in in an eleven hour day. A nice lunch at the Pig and Whistle. All in all, and in spite of the weather, an interesting and enjoyable day.
Nice and friendly guide!
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us