Micro-Group Barossa Valley Wine Tour from Adelaide
Start your day by being picked up from your Adelaide CBD accommodation around 9:15am in a luxurious tour vehicle. Along the way to the first winery, your wine guide will familiarize you with the region and its roots, along with Adelaide's other main wine producing regions.
After a leisurely 60 minute drive you arrive in wine country, where you will get to taste premium wine from the best boutique producers as led by passionate and knowledgeable locals. Wineries visited could include the truly gluggable wines at Yelland & Papps, historic Langmeil, or custodians of the "Command" vineyard at Elderton to name but a few.
During the first two winery visits you will get to try a good selection of premium wines which truly represent the region, and your guide will get to know you and your tastes in wine. The rest of the day will be planned out accordingly, to the tastes of individuals within the group as best as possible.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Harvest Kitchen, 284 Magnolia Rd, Vine Vale SA 5352, Australia
After the second winery of the day, it's off to lunch at one of the regions best restaurants. Sit back and relax as a tasting-menu selection of the best dishes from the ever-changing seasonal menu are brought to your table to share with your choice of premium beverage.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Barossa Valley, Barossa Valley, South Australia
Following lunch you will enjoy wine tasting at two more wineries, meeting the locals, uncovering the history of the region, and enjoying world-class Shiraz. We'll take you off the beaten path to make sure you get a deep understanding of the real Barossa Valley. Wineries could include the light and aromatic wines at Izway, the forward thinking winemakers at Tscharke, big flavour-packed wines at Gibsons, or any number of micro-producer your wine guide has special access to.
Special requests such as Maggie Beers Farm, the Barossa Valley Cheese Company, and also a local lookout are often made part of the day should guests desire.
At the end of the tour, you are transported back to your accommodation at around 5:30pm along with anything you may have purchased during the day.
Duration: 2 hours
• Harvest sourdough w fennel salt butter & pickles
• Torzi-Mathews marinated local olives
• Labneh with spiced chickpeas and charred flatbread
• Roasted baby beets with fresh curd and blood orange
• Truffled local mushrooms with soft parmesan polenta
• Slow cooked lamb shoulder with Jerusalem artichokes
- Tasting fees at the wineries
- Multi-course lunch with your choice of premium beverage
- Passionate and knowledgeable wine guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Luxury transfers
- Entry/Admission - Harvest Kitchen
- Take home wine (available to purchase)
2: Tanunda SA 5352, Australia
3: The Louise, Seppeltsfield Road, Stonewell Rd, Marananga SA 5352, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your Downtown Adelaide accommodation approx 0910 - 0925am.
Pick up from the Barossa approx 1000 - 1020am
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required to confirm departure
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are Certified COVID-Safe as per Australian and South Australian Government regulations.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
We had a wonderful voyage of discovery with Matthew. Fantastic wines coupled with a deep knowledge of the region and its history. We found hidden gems and had a wonderful time. We would both highly recommend this tour, especially if you want the chance to look beyond the larger vineyards and create your own itinerary. Thanks for a great day.
We 6 friends on a girls trip had an awesome day touring the Barossa with Matt. He was knowledgable and fun, and even booked us into an amazing restaurant for lunch my personal highlight...the food was amazing
The wineries were all very different, which made it nice to see how different they all were. He even stopped into a distillery for my special request for a bottle of gin. The transport was very comfortable, and Matt even put up with our singing on the way back, haha.
Thanks Matt, we had a great day!
The tour was excellent in every respect. Matt was knowledgeable about wines generally and took us to vineyards of our choice in the Barossa Valley. We had a wonderful day: beautiful scenery, great wines, comfortable transportation and a charming, bright, personable host. Truly a memorable experience and great to be on such a small tour just the two of us and Matt.
Matt nous a préparée une tournée des producteurs intéressants de la vallée et des environs très bien reçus partout, on a même eu le privilège de visiter les chais et l'atelier de vinification d'une grande maison qui a une compagnie aérienne internationale pour client. Trois autres producteurs différents, indépendants, traditionnels et moderne ont complété la journée ponctuée par un lunch frugal mais très bon dans un petit resto italien d'Anguston. Nous avons apprécié le confort du transport, la ponctualité de Matt, ses commentaires avisés et sympa en bref, une excellente journée qui nous a rapidement donné une très bonne idée de ce que l'on produit dans la Barossa Valley!
Vero and Jean de Bruxelles
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us