McLaren Vale Wine Tour by Bike
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Escapegoat Adventures, Central Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia Australia
We will pick up in Central Adelaide
Stop At: McLaren Vale Wine and Food District, McLaren Vale, South Australia 5171 Australia
Roll through McLaren Vale, stopping at Wineries and Breweries along the way
Duration: 4 hours
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD vehicle between Adelaide and McLaren Vale
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Wine tasting at two wineries
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Traveler pickup is offered
If pick up from hotel requested then we will meet outside Adelaide Coach terminal at 91 Franklin St.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 11 and under
- This tour operates with a maximum of nine people
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
We cycled in rain, hail and sun- and it was all fabulous fun. I highly recommend this experience, even if my credit card it a bit exhausted from wine orders.
Great day with stops at unique cellar doors and a chance to get a good insight into the ethos behind the wine. Delicious lunch and an opportunity to get to know other people on the tour. Cycling not too advanced but varied and interesting .. little bit off road little bit on road with mostly downhill stretches. Thanks to Ian our guide, Paul and Caron
Ian is running this family business as a Bike tour guide for one-day trips in McLaren Vale including everything I like: great views, sport, nature, good food, great wine and beer tasting opportunities, along with providing the right amount of information. Friendly, knowledgeable, kind, fun, Ian is one person who can create such great day. Done in a small group, this is pleasant and manageable, and the level of fitness required for the mountain bike ride is accessible to everyone - bike, gloves, mountain bikes provided.
It was a great day, with the right amount of fun, friendliness, sport, nature, and tasting. High recommendation to discover the surroundings of Adelaide or simply enjoy a day of fun if you live in there.
Excellent tour. Ian was a knowledgeable guide and intent on making sure everyone had a good day. Terrain was good and the visits organised and fun. Great group of people!
I really enjoyed this tour. There are many wine tours but this one has a twist. If you are reasonably fit the mountain bike riding is great fun as it takes you through some woodland areas then onto roads and tracks which are mostly down hill with only one small up hill but this depends on which vineyards you visit. Better than being cooped up in a minibus.
Only my wife and I on this tour led by Lee. He was first class and looked after us very well. Good bikes and interesting day with good wineries visited. very satisfied
Clive and Ruth Davies
Awesome - I wish it was longer and we could have ridden more. Highly recommend!
This was a great day out. We enjoyed the riding which was just enough considering the warm weather. The 2 wineries chosen were excellent and we arrived home to find the wine we ordered waiting at our door. Great lunch, company and Ian was very flexible with fitting in with the needs and interests of the group. Highly recommend this tour.
This tour was amazing!
What a great day! Collected from hotel by friendly, competent tour leader and driven into Hills via scenic route. Tested our quality bikes riding through the forest then onto McLaren Vale for sampling all the region has to offer. Lunch of shared platters was delicious too.
There's no better way to visit this region!
The absolute best way to see the country and taste the wine. Ian, our tour guide, was lovely, friendly and very obliging for our needs. The small group was very friendly and we all shared experiences etc. over a lovely drop of local wine. I would definitely recommend this tour. My husband and I are 50+ and we handled the ride , no problem.
This is an absolute must do!!! The countryside scenery can not be experienced on foot or in a van, it just can't. The lovely smell of the flowers, the wind in your hair and the smile on your face as you travel on the bikes is second-to-none. I would do this tour, again and again.
Ian was our guide, he was professional, safe and fun to spend the day with!
Very well run and the weather was great. We were the only two on the tour, so we got one on one treatment. The country side was magnificent and the lunch and wineries were great too.
Best way so far to see the sights of Adelaide and enjoy the McLaren Valley wine country. Saw lots of Kangaroos because we went to places the cars can't get too.
Recommend to all ages and fitness. Ian and Deb look after you from the moment you step outside your hotel.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us