Lunch at Cottage Point Inn by Seaplane from Sydney
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cottage Point Inn, 2 Anderson Pl, Cottage Point NSW 2084, Australia
Tranquil Cottage Point Inn is only 20 minutes' flying time from Sydney's hustle and bustle. On arriving at Cottage Point Inn, you'll land on the water and taxi to the restaurant's seaplane dock, where the inn's friendly staff will be waiting with a warm welcome and some great Australian wines!
• Rock Lobster ceviché with baby tarragon gnocchi in a consommé
• Pan seared sea scallops with almonds, watercress and sultanas and a dash of curry oil
• Torched Shaw River buffalo mozzarella with pickled baby onions, salsa verdé and garlic croûtons, nestled on an endive salad
• Rangers Valley beef tartare served with quail egg yolk, and a petite salad
• Pan-fried chicken oysters with a white onion puree, tempura onion rings, wild mushrooms and spring salad
• Swordfish served with a wilted rocket, saffron potatoes and finished with dill and lemon mayonnaise
• Local snapper, mussels and king prawns in a fennel and tomato, saffron broth
• Tasmanian Atlantic salmon with soy caramel and leek, bok choy and ginger quinoa
• Spring onion and thyme gnocchi served with goats cheese, and a garden pea and pinenut pureé
• Rack of lamb with spring vegetables served on toasted cous cous
• Caramelized orange duck breast with smoked fennel
• Sacher torte served with strawberry ice cream, mixed berries and white chocolate
• Lemon meringue pie and lemon yogurt sorbet
• Orange and dark rum soufflé served with a honey and ginger ice cream
• Spiced caramel and pineapple with toasted coconut and a lime jelly, and coconut ice cream
Stop At: Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, New South Wales Australia
Cottage Point Inn is set on the water at the junction of Cowan Waters and Coal and Candle Creek, was originally the Cottage Point boatshed and general store. The building was converted to a restaurant in the 1970's and has been operating since.
Stop At: Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney, New South Wales 2060 Australia
To top off your magical afternoon, on your flight back to Sydney you'll have incredible photo opportunities as you fly over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Stop At: Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point Easy walk from Circular Quay Train Station, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Travel over the Sydney Opera House before landing at Rose Bay, eight kilometers from Sydney's city center.
- Return seaplane flight from Sydney to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Scenic Flight over Bondi Beach, Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House
- Gourmet three-course a la carte lunch
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission - Cottage Point Inn
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Amazing surprise birthday present for my husband. Perfect way to see the harbour and feel like a rockstar when arriving at restaurant. Food was exceptional with lovely staff. Highly recommend.
This tour could not have been more Amazing !!!
Not only is it the most wonderful way to view Sydney and it's surrounding beaches and suburbs - such fun spotting known landmarks from the air - but the lunch at Cottage Point was gastronomic, with the estuary-side setting divine !!!
The sea plane ride was amazing and the food was outstanding.
The experience of flying over Sydney and flying to the Cottage Point Inn in a sea plane was a great experience. The choice of entries on the menu was great and the food was prepared to perfection. We would highly recommend this tour. The only downside was the confirmation received from Viator got lost for the time we selected and we were delayed one hour. The plane was also late by 15 minutes or so. As a result we missed the ferry back to downtown Sidney. We tried to take a bus back, but because it was a busy Sunday, the buses would not stop because they were full even though passengers were getting off at the back door. An expensive cab ride was the best solution to downtown Sidney.
Nice terminal at Rose Bay and interesting seeing the history of the flying boats from Rose Bay. We were lucky with the weather and smooth interesting flight to Cottage Point. The pilot gave us some informative commentary on the way. Lunch at Cottage Point was superb and the setting is magical. This is one unique activity for a special occasion. Flight back saw us fly over Sydney Harbour and good views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. My wife enjoyed sitting up front with the pilot and had best view of the return journey. Highly recommend this trip.
An unforgettable and pleasurable experience. The seaplane flight was fantastic and the pilot was very friendly. As for the Inn-Wow!!
Great location, delicious food and atmosphere real treat.
Wonderful tour. Views over Sydney and harbour were superb. Lunch was great and so peaceful. Food was excellent too
What a fantastic experience. Worth every penny! The plane rides up and back are really well managed. The meal at Cottage Point Inn is superb, both the food and the service. We did several tours during our visit. This is the one that we recommend above all others.
Absolutely fantastic, from the flight through to the food and setting, there is nothing that I can fault in any way. Well worth every penny. Great way to spend our last day in Australia.
Great Flight over Sydney Harbour and the northern Beaches. Landing in the national park was awesome. The restaurant was first class. A great day
This was an awesome day out. We were expecting to be a little fragile after NYE on the harbour. The sea plane ride out was very smooth and what a beautiful place you land in. The lake, the restaurant, the staff were all amazing. We had the most amazing food, lots of drinks and a good laugh with all the staff was worth every penny and would do again if I am ever lucky enough to be back in Sydney. got some great shots from the plane on the way home too
Our seaplane pilot Tim made the experience fun and enjoyable. He took very good care of us. The lunch was delicious but if you are not a drinker dont order anything but water. The ice tea cost me 20 which was outrageous. But in spite of this, I gave it 5 stars because of how the rest of the trip was.
This was a wedding gift to my wife, and what a gift it was, this was one of the most special things we have ever done together and we will never forget it, from start to finish we enjoyed every second, the meal at cottage point was first class and the memory will live with us forever, many thanks
Exceptional. Free drink on arrival would have been nice, but certainly didnt take anything away from the lunch and flight. .
fabulous trip. seaplane and staff excellent. setting and restaurant amazing.
Absolutely fantastic in every way. The restaurant was beautiful with fabulous food. The plane trip breathtaking. Would certainly recommend.
We were blessed with perfect weather, Sydney Harbour was spectacular. Even though we got caught in Sydney Saturday morning traffic our pilot was fantastic and understanding. Thank you.
Lunch was great … it truly was a memorable special day.
Truely spectacular experience. Highly highly reccomand it!
Had a ball and What an experience !! Highly recommend to those who want some divine indulgence !!
beautiful, nothing to change
Fabulous trip! The seaplane experience was great - everyone was efficient, professional and friendly. The location of Cottage Point Inn is breathtaking and many restaurants would think this enough to satisfy their customers but the service was great and the food was wonderful. We will definitely go again next time we're in Sydney and will recommend it to anyone we know who is going there. Not a cheap lunch but worth every penny.
The service was excellent. I had special diet requirements and the chef went out of his way to produce a wonderful meal that I was able to eat. The oysters according to my husband were the best he has ever tasted. The seaplane trip was a very good experience and the staff were very pleasant.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us