Kuranda Scenic Railway, Skyrail, Great Barrier Reef Helicopter Tour and Cruise
Kuranda Scenic Railway, Skyrail, Great Barrier Reef Helicopter Tour and Cruise
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bunda St, Cairns QLD 4870, Australia
Board the train at the Cairns station and slowly make your way through Cairns City and Kuranda range.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Skyrail Kuranda Terminal, 4 Arara St, Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia
Glide over World Heritage-listed rainforest before descending through the canopy layers and deep into the heart of the lush rainforest. Enjoy stops along the way as you alight and explore the awe-inspiring Barron Gorge and Falls from a network of boardwalks at varying levels.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nautilus Aviation, Hangar 9 Bush Pilots Ave, General Aviation, Aeroglen, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Take to the air for a spectacular helicopter journey over the magical waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Sweep over coral gardens and sand cays, and see marine life from high above.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Queensland Australia
With over 2 hours onboard the Down Under Cruise & Dive luxury vessel, Evolution, complete your day with an Aussie BBQ lunch, and snorkel and return cruise with a complimentary glass of wine & cheese.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cairns Cruise Liner Terminal, Corner Wharf and Lake Streets, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Here you will dock and disembark Evolution and will be dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Cairns hotels
- Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Cableway
- Approx. 25-minute helicopter tour
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Entry/Admission - Cairns
- Entry/Admission - Skyrail Kuranda Terminal
- Entry/Admission - Nautilus Aviation
- Entry/Admission - Great Barrier Reef
- Entry/Admission - Cairns Cruise Liner Terminal
- AU$20per person for the Environmental Management Charge and Fuel Levy is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel
- Semi-submersible boat tour and diving
- Private return transfers to/from Port Douglas are $205 per car (up to 4 passengers).
Transfer from Cairns and Northern Beaches (up to and including Palm Cove) are included for all
tours. Transfers to/from Port Douglas are $205 per car (up to 4 passengers)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Weight Policy: Individual passenger weights and accompanying carry-on luggage MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variances greater than 10% may incur an additional fee. Maximum single seat payload of 130kg. For passenger comfort and aircraft weight and balance, passengers exceeding 130kg are required to purchase an additional seat at 50% of ticket price - this is non-commissionable and payable to Nautilus Aviation on day of travel.
- Child Policy: Children 3 years and above are legally required to be seated in their own seat and are therefore required to pay the full ticket price. Subject to conditions, children under 3 years may travel free of charge when seated on a parents/guardians lap. For bookings of more than one infant (under 3 years), conditions apply – please contact Reservations.
- There is a maximum of 6 to 7 passengers permitted depending on aircraft availability
- It is recommended that you wear swimmers upon check in
- you will have a compulsory 20 minute safety briefing before being allowed enter the water, this is part of your two hours out at the reef
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Nautilus Aviation has a comprehensive COVID plan in place.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
This was a superb trip - Margret met me at the hotel - took me to the station and met me at the sky rail to take me to the helicopter port. She is lovely and so welcoming. The train trip was amazing - the sky train was superb - both only spoilt by the weather - the flight out to the Great Barrier Reef was brilliant as well as the glass bottom boat. Margret was excellent but so too were the staff on the sky strain, at the heliport and on the boat - they were all very friendly and welcoming - a really brilliant day. Thank you all.
Absolute wonderful day! A scenic train ride followed by a fantastic view of the rainforest via a gondola ride. From there we took a 25 minute helicopter ride over the Great Barrier Reef. It's the best way to truly get an appreciation of the reef. The helicopter landed on a pontoon and we were taken to the ferry allowing us time for lunch and snorkelling, approximately two hours before heading back to land.
This was one of the best days I have ever had traveling! I was worried that it was too much in one day, but it didn't feel like that at all. Looking back on it, I would definitely have spent more time in Kuranda, we were worried we wouldn't get down the skyrail in time, but that didn't take near as long as I thought. Also, once you get on the boat on the reef, I rushed through snorkeling to also do the submarine, but they ended up adding another group towards the end, so I could have taken more time and still fit both in. Everyone was really professional and the people I were with was great. Didn't feel weird being a solo traveler at all and doing this trip. I fully recommend it if you don't have a lot of time in Cairns. I was happy to have the next day to just lay by the pool and relax.
This was our best day !Helicoptering over the Great Barrier Reef! Only hitch was mechanical trouble on helicopter made us late to the big boat and prevented us from snorkeling in the Reef which was a real disappointment - as a consolation they took us on the submarine .
I wish I had two days so I could have spent some more time in Kuranda but this tour was sensory overload. Absolutely amazing! The guides made sure I didn't miss anything. First is the ride on the Kuranda Scenic Railway - great old train with history and beautiful scenery with a couple of stops for pictures through the rain forest up the mountain. Kuranda is very interesting town at top. Then, you are riding down the mountain in a gondola over a canopy of the rain forest trees looking out to the city of Cairns and the ocean. Once you arrive on ground, the guide whisks you away to the heliport where you board a helicopter and fly over the Great Barrier Reef, which is breathtaking. You land on a helipad in the ocean and a large boat picks you up. You can snorkel, scuba dive or go in the semi-submersible. I took the submersible and we went downstairs and sat on benches with individual windows to look out on the sea life and the reef. You are at eye level and the colors and variety outstanding. On the way back you are treated to a very good lunch we had steak and fish and one of the crew is a singer/guitar player. The realization of all that you have seen that day is sensory overload in the best possible way. They give free rides to/from your hotel. I stayed with a family so they made arrangements for my journey to the train station and from the port. This is a must tour, worth every penny!
Well this had to be one of the best experiences of our entire 6 week trip. We had a great time and learned a lot about the area. I did manage to get in one dive aboard the boat at the end of the afternoon as well. This was really well organized with very little wasted time. Well worth the money in my opinion.
The tour certainly lived up to my expectations! Every step of the trip flowed smoothly and efficiently. I would have liked a little more time snorkeling on the reef, but the day was already packed so that was OK.
This was the most wonderful day, well worth the cost.
it was a busy and long day but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Hastings Reef was incredible and the Helicopter out was stunning. I will say that this is a great trip if you only have a day but if you have a little longer I would do Kuranda as a seperate day trip. You don't really have the time to explore with only around 30mins before you have to leave for the sky rail.
Australia is wondrous Cairns is especially green and lush my first helicopter a memorable experience flying over the Great Barrier Reef was on my bucket list this definitely exceeds expectations all I cAn say is book your flight I don't want to spoil it awesome experience with an exceptional captain. Living large!
Awesome tour, got to see Cairns in a day! Loved it
The helicopter tour of the reef was incredible---great way to see the massiveness of the reef and capture on video! Also, enjoyed the cruise back with sub to see marine life. Definitely fulfilled a couple of bucket lists
every thing advertised and more
,would recommend to folks who wants an exceptional adventure,,,,
This one is worth every penny.
This was an incredible way to see the are in the one day we had to see everything. It was well done - all people involved were terrific. It was truly amazing and we weren't tired, but very relaxed. There was nothing bad about this tour. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
This was an excellent tour. The pickups were all coordinated and on time, we went from one event to the other with no problems. This was very well organized and executed. When you book something on-line and don't talk with anyone it can be a bit intimidating when in another country to know if things will happen on time.
The best part was the helicopter ride to the reef and snorkelling on the reef. Good lunch on the boat. Kuranda Scenic railway and sky rail was a great view of the area. I would have liked to have visited Kuranda but that would have made the day too long since I chose such a tour with some much in it.
What a great way to fill a day starting with our hotel pick up and delivery to the train our driver was great very helpful making sure we had everything we needed or wanted the staff on the train where great offering to take photos of everyone adding a personal touch to the trip the day was so well planned and ran so smoothly we where extreamly impressed with all staff and the helicopter ride was amazing the semi sub is a must for everyone to see the reef we where well catered and had an amazing holiday ..
Brilliant! It's a lit to do in a day, so didn't really get to see much when we got off the railway, but we always knew it was a busy day.mifnyou are an explorer, I'd suggest two separate trips!
Transport was prompt and guides were helpful and knowledgable.
The helicopter ride was amazing. The crew on the boat were fantastic and helped me with my first snorkel.. An experience I was so glad I did!
A great exeperience in Cairns. Well organized and never a dull moment. I would love to come back.
A great way to spend a day in Cairns covers all major activities presented in an efficient and enjoyable manner. The Skyrail particularly was magic, skimming over the tops of the rainforest canopy and following the explanations in the brochure. Highly recommend this experience to visitors without their own transport.
This trip was out of this world every part of it was breathtaking! My favourite part was the helicopter ride over the barrier reef would highly recommend it was the highlight of my trip
Our Customers Love Us