Knife Making Workshop, Hands-on
You get to forge your blade using forge, anvil and hammer.
You will quench your own blade in oil (makes a cool photo).
You will design your own blade shape and grind your blade to your design.
You will attach a beautiful wooden handle to your blade.
You will leave with a forged chef knife - made by you.
Come spend an exciting day with us on this practical introduction to knife making, and go home with your very own hand forged chef knife from high carbon steel and a beatiful handle!
You will experience shaping your own knife with hammer and fire, as well as learn a bit about the forge, anvil, tools and techniques used in blacksmithing.
This is the most involved workshop we have and includes forging your own blade, heat treating it yourself, grinding it to shape and attaching it to a pre-made handle.
This is a full-on day from 8 am to 4 pm consisting of:
Safety briefing, tool oveview, hammer/anvil/grinder/heat treatment
Blacksmithing: Forging your own blade form high-carbon steel
Heat treatment: Heat to non-magnetic and quench your blade
Lunch break: hydrate after forging session and get some food into you
Grinding room: Safety, tool overview, grinder operation, blade grinding technique
Grinding the blade: profile to your design, grind bevels to sharp
Finishing the blade: Progress to high grit belts and finish with scotch brite for a satin grinder-finish
Handle fitting: select a pre-made handle and attach this to your chef knife
- Use of forge, anvil, hammers, tongs and safety equipment
- Lunch - lunch included, you select from the menu of a local cafe
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us