Kings Canyon Guided Rim Walk
Kings Canyon Guided Rim Walk
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Watarrka National Park, Via Luritja Road Or Via Larapinta Drive, Northern Territory Australia
In the heart of Watarrka National Park, Kings Canyon lies in an ancient Australian landscape that is sacred ground for the Ulpanyali and Lilla indigenous people. With your guide, make the rocky trek up to the rim of the canyon for marvelous views over the park.
For those who do not wish to do the rim walk, the boulder-strewn creek bed is an easier, shady walk following the trail between the two sheer walls of the canyon. The creek bed is ideal if you’re interested in something more relaxing. After taking in the sights, set off on a 1.2-mile (2-km) stroll along the creek bed, with views of the canyon rim.
Stop At: Kings Canyon, Watarrka National Park Via Luritja Road Or Larapinta Drive, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
During the 3.7-mile (6-km) journey, you'll climb up a 328-foot (100-meter) cliff face and walk around the canyon rim. Be wowed by the scenery of sandstone walls, grottos, chasms, and cliffs, and look deep down between the cliffs where sits the Garden of Eden, a natural waterhole surrounded by vegetation such as gum trees, bonsai-style trees, and enormous prehistoric ferns, creating a bit of green amid the red environment.
Please note: During the hotter months of the year when temperatures can reach and exceed 97° F (36° C), the Watarrka National Park rangers strongly advise that visitors do not take part in the Kings Canyon rim climb. In this drier desert climate, heat exhaustion in the hotter months is a very high possibility and a danger in such remote regions. To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all, a guided walk along the Kings Canyon creek bed is offered as an alternative.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Watarrka National Park
- Entry/Admission - Kings Canyon
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for children 8 and under
- A considerable amount of walking is involved in this tour, so please make sure to wear sturdy footwear
- Please ensure you have a minimum of 3 liters of water for your walk
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 58 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
A trip to central Australia is a journey of delights. Kings Canyon Guided Rim Walk brought forward the true majesty of the land, highlighting the deep oranges of the rocks the mighty natural formations along with a chance to achieve varying levels of challenges, depending on your ambition. The steep climb at the beginning is the toughest part and all over in 8 - 10 minutes. The rest of the walk is so breath taking showing off ancient rock formations, deep dark pools and prehistoric cycads. Our guide explained so much to our small group because he cared so much about the region with its history, geology and the First Nation people who have so much history behind this amazing walk.
Our Customers Love Us