Humpback Whale Safari
On our humpback whale tours, we often see other striking animals like dolphins and manta rays, and of course, mother whales resting while their calves frolic in the calm waters. These splendid animals have also been spotted amusing themselves by rolling in the water, waving at us with their huge pectoral fins, slapping their giant tails playfully, and even jumping out of the water!
Humpback whale season in Coral Bay begins at the end of June and runs through to mid October. During this time it is estimated around 30,000 whales pass through Ningaloo Reef on their annual migration, sometimes stopping to rest, shelter, and play in the calm waters of Coral Bay.
We are dealing with Mother Nature and animal behavior. Therefore opportunities will vary from day to day. Nothing in nature is guaranteed, however every effort will be made to ensure you have an amazing day out. For each tour there is 14 swimming spots available.
If and when our trained guide deems it is safe to do so, swimming guests will enter the water at a safe distance from the animals either from the side or in front of the whales path. It is then all up to the whales and each interaction will be on their terms. Humpback whales can be curious and may approach swimmers, or they simply may pass by. An in water interaction is defined as being in the water within the exclusive contact zone.
• Ningaloo, Ningaloo, Western Australia
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages - Glass of Champagne
- Photography Package
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us