Hot Air Ballooning Tour from Cairns
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hot Air Balloon Cairns, 1 Spence St, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
You will be met by our professional driver at your pick up location to be transfered to your Hot Air Balloon ride.
As the day begins, you will experience a wonderful hot air balloon flight above the Atherton Tablelands, Australia.
After your flight and landing, enjoy games and lots of laughs as your pilot, crew and driver lead the fun of packing up your hot air balloon.
Your hot air balloon experience finish time varies with the seasons (summer, winter and the time of sunrise). Your driver can drop you back to your Cairns accommodation or, with prior notice, we can drop you off to the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Skyrail, Tjapukai or perhaps a Cairns cafe or restaurant if you would like to have breakfast at your own arrangements.
Stop At: Atherton Tablelands, Cairns, Queensland Australia
The Atherton Tablelands is the area over which we fly our hot air balloons. You will experience this area at dawn - the best time of the day to spot wallabies, kangaroos, many different species of birds, and other wildlife. In addition, you may fly over many different crops as The Tablelands are known for their fruit and vegetable produce. Keep an eye out for crops of mangoes, bananas, lychees, avocados, pineapples, limes and more.
Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Commemorative flight certificate
- Insurance Levy
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Atherton Tablelands
- Hotel pickup from Yorkeys, Holloways, Kewarra
We pick up at hotels in the Cairns and Northern Beaches areas.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All passengers must be able to get into the balloon basket unaided to the satisfaction of the pilot, or they will not be able to fly
- Children aged 4 years and under are not permitted to fly
- Mobile phone contact required when booking
- Pregnant women unable to travel
- Please provide mobile phone number or email address at time of booking
- Flight time is minimum 40 minutes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
What a great day made special by fabulous staff so much fun getting up early was a treat being a tour meant a lot of great company
Another one off the bucket list! Had an awesome time, staff made us feel very safe, highly experienced pilot and ground crew. It’s an early morning but we’ll worth it. Gently floating across the fields while watching the sunrise over the mountains was awesome. Many thanks to Hitoshi for picking us up early from our hotel and getting us back safely. This is a very professional team, highly recommended.
It was a beautiful day with a layer of fog, the team were friendly and helpful. Nice touch with champayne at the end of the flight
Very nice staffs right from the biginning . Enjoyed with my wife. Will come back definitely. Thanks a lot.
Well run professional operation.
Very nice to see them surviving in these troubled times .
From Formula 1 Tony the bus driver to Neil, the best pilot in Mareeba .
Just great service.
Gently Going up in the air and looking at the vegetation below. The pilot was experienced and good fun.
I just wanted to say what a great experience this was and one we will never forget. The team was brilliant and so friendly right from the moment I booked it as I wanted them to send me a voucher as it as was a gift which they did within 12 hours. Couldn’t recommend them anymore
This tour was amazing!
I'm completely freaked out by heights. But seeing the kangaroos bouncing from up in the balloon and the sunrise was pretty amazing .
Amazing experience. Really fun crew
Absolutely awesome! I've always wanted to go in a hot air ballon, and this flight was everything I'd hoped for. The sensation of floating over the beautiful landscape in silence was fantastic, it has to be experienced to appreciate it!
When I was dragging myself out of bed at 3.30am I wondered why the hell I'd booked this, but it is 100 worth it - all the ground crew were so friendly and helpful, and our pilot Bob was fantastic.
If you are in Cairns, I'd thoroughly recommend this, you won't regret it.
This flight was everything that it was advertised to be. The flying area is beautiful and so was sunrise that morning. We took the one hour flight and it is worth it!!! Even though you may not fly far, the flight changes as you go along. It was in the second half hour that we saw all the kangaroos on the ground. Our pilot was excellent!!! This is just plain fun!!!
Wonderful so surreal and totally peaceful
Excellent! Great crew.
We LOVED IT!!!!! The staff was excellant!!! They tried to get us up before the sunrise but they felt it was too windy, so we watched the other ones leave. Thats ok. I would rather stay up then come down early. We got up after the sunrise. It was still pretty. I recommend this immensely!!! And this company!!!! Its a great adventure!!!!
Excellent! Even though it was cloudy, being above the clouds was an amazing experience with the sunrise. They also were kind to drop us off at the airport after our ride.
Balloon ride kept going on and on as they couldn't find safe place to land. I was about to miss my flight but the team ensured I am at airport at earliest. Cheers to great effort from them ..
Must do if you are in Cairns
Waking up very early to catch the sunrise was worth it. Staff was very professional and ensured the safety of all the passengers.
The best experience ever! I would highly recommend it to everyone.
I booked this as a suprise for my fiancee and was a bit worried about waking him at 4am for the pre-sunrise pick up. We both agreed though that it was a fantastic experience and more than worth it. The whole experience is well organised and the staff are friendly and helpful, which adds to the overall trip. Watching the sun come up whilst 'floating' in the sky is amazing, we were even lucky enough so see wild kangaroos jumping about down below. We woud recommend this trip to everyone!
Exceptionally well managed, fantastic experience!
This was fantastic. Well worth doing to see an aerial perspective of the Australian bush. Fab.
Beautiful morning, fabulous trip, well organised. Felt safe throughout. Saw kangaroos and dingos from the basket.
Great tour - great time - great people -
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us