Three-Quarter Day Hervey Bay Premium Whale Watching Cruise
Strict personal hygiene and cleaning procedures are conducted hourly to ensure our crew and passengers' safety.
The tour departs from Urangan Harbour, passing Round Island, the Urangan Jetty, Big Woody Island. Some information on the history of the area is given by the skipper. Whales are usually sighted at least 30 minutes after departure while in the Platypus Bay Area, inside Fraser Island.
The tour often follows much of the Western Beaches of Fraser Island. It may be possible to witness many different whale behaviours as well as listening to whalesong through the hydrophone. Other marine animals, such as dolphins, turtles and sea birds may be observed as well. Guests will be offered morning tea, buffet lunch and afternoon tea during the tour.
• Freedom Whale Watch, Great Sandy Straits Marina, 17 Buccaneer Drive, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655 Australia
• Fraser Island, Hervey Bay, Queensland Australia
- Morning and Afternoon tea
- Lunch - Tropical Buffet lunch
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Live commentary on board
- Guaranteed sightings form 1 August to 20 October or a free return tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
Esplanade pick-ups are from the beachside opposite most motels.
Urraween Pickups are at 8:30
Pt Vernon pickups are at 8:40
Pialba pickups are at 8:45
Scarness pickups are at 8:50
Torquay pickups are at 9am
Shelly Beach pickups are at 9:05
Urangan Pickups are at 9:10
Other accommodation pick-ups can be arranged.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- We can arrange pet sitting if required.
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to COVID-19 we will not allow unwell passengers aboard
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 46 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Reduced passenger numbers as per state guidelines. Queensland Check in App is mandatory for COVID tracing if needed.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Fantastic day out, lots of whales. Well organised, friendly crew. Good morning and afternoon tea, delicious lunch. Children well catered for, great family day. Great information regarding the whales, close up encounters. Would recommend to everyone.
Fabulous full day tour. Exceptional in every aspect. Highly recommended. The boat was clean and safe, skipper had a great sense of humour as well as a thorough knowledge of whales and the area. The girls were friendly and attentive to the needs of every one. Food provided was great.
What a fantastic day - saw a few different whales throughout the day. Crew were brilliant and very knowledgeable. Lunch was great too.
The boat is an ideal viewing platform and the crew go out of their way to make the trip a good one. The skipper's commentary is full of information and the deckies are all-round good helpers. The food was first rate too. It was so good I went for two days and was not disappointed, with plenty of action and sightings on both occasions. Highly recommended.
This was a great trip. We saw some many whales, tail slaps, breaching. The boat was just the right size, they take a max of about 48. You have plenty of room to move about and everybody could see the action. The crew were very knowledgeable and friendly. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it. I can't recommend it enough.
Absolutely wonderful experience, saw so many up close whales interested in swimming around the boat. Keith and the team were marvellous, they were informative and knowledgeable. We had some lovely tasty treats and lunch was to die for, the food was amazing. We can't wait to return.
This trip was amazing. We must have seen 40-50 different whales total in the trip. This included ones breaching, coming close to check out the boat, some popping their head straight up out of the water, and even a mother/calf together. While this can't be guaranteed they are wild animals, the crew and boat were first class. The food and drinks were plentiful and very good. The crew was knowledgeable and very helpful. Finally, it is a beautiful boat that I'd recommend to anyone.
Trip was amazing. We saw so many whales!
What an amazing day. I couldn't recommend highly enough and the additional time spent on the water ensured that we never felt rushed and could soak up the whole experience.
Whales came right up to boat. Saw many many whales and dolphins. Great day. Great crew. Good food. Small group on boat made it very enjoyable.
This tour was fantastic
The operator and his team running the boat were fantastic and would have to rate one of the best whale watch tours to go on
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us