Green Island Day Trip from Cairns
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Green Island Cruise - Day Tour (Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruise), Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence St, Green Island, Queensland 4871 Australia
Explore the Great Barrier Reef island either with a glass bottom boat tour or snorkelling equipment.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Green Island, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Walk through the rainforest or enjoy exploring the coral gardens the the beach.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Queensland Australia
View some of the amazing marine life at Green Island. View turtles, fish, sharks and stingrays from the glass bottom boat, semi-submersible or by snorkelling.
Duration: 6 hours
- Cruise transfers to and from Green Island by modern air-conditioned catamaran
- Morning tea / coffee (served on 9am full day only)
- Buffet lunch (if option selected)
- Choice of a glass-bottom boat tour or use of snorkeling gear for the day
- Semi-submersible tour (if option is selected)
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Great Barrier Reef
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Optional activities. (Can be booked locally, subject to availability. Payable locally. Introductory Scuba Dive AU$152, Seawalker Helmut Dive AU$165, Semi-submersible Coral Viewing Tour AU$20)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Flotation vests and lycra suits are available for hire
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessibility is available but limited. Passengers must have some mobility and/or the presence of a carer who can assist them.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Prior to travelling with us, you will be required to provide, your full name, a current phone number and residential address (address of accommodation if travelling) in order to complete your activity. We are following all guidelines set out by the Queensland Government.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Great barrier reef teeming with its variety of aquatic life.
Snorkel, glass bottom boat, semi-
sub experience and a very good lunch.
Fabulous day out! Well organised, free time to explore and great lunch on board. Friendly, helpful staff and beautiful scenery. Recommend to all, get out and explore!
Good service on time and very caring informative crew.
Short ride from Cairns, excellent location for people who may not want to spend all day on boat or in the water.
The glass bottom boat was a great experience and staff were great at explaining what we were seeing and telling us about the reef. A swim in the pristine waters was also great.
We had a fab day at Green Island. It has something to offer for all ages, our 17 year old went diving and we just chilled by the beach with our 3 year old.... very relaxing day despite the average weather.
The semi Sub was great and snorkelling on the outer reef was amazing. Very informative. Reccommended
Great day out. Plenty of time on the island and in the water. Saw turtles, rays and plenty of fish. Would recommend snorkling near the pier to see more marine life.
Excellent tour to a beautiful part of the world. Easy and very well organised. Lots of great activity options on the Island :-)
I was amaze at what there was to do on a small Island, when we arrived we thought what is there to do and low and behold plenty. When in cairns it is a must do.
Excellent, good value, easy access from Carines Harbor for cruise ships. The submarine is well worth the extra couple dollars
This excursion exceeded my expectations! Although the weather was a bit gloomy, the clarity in the water was absolutely breathtaking! I saw so much, a few turtles, some octopi, a bunch of stingrays! Highly Recommend Green Island!
Wow is all I can say, absolutely brilliant day. Such a beautiful island. I did the Sea Walk as an extra and OMG AMAZING. All I can say is do it.....
Fantastic day. Great boat ride. Loads of facilities on the island. Snokeling and submarine were great to see the coral and the fish.
very well organised the glass bottom boat was over my expectations nice beach
staff very helpful giving a few tips
A few tips from us:
- The semi-sub is a MUST DO! An experience I will never forget!
- You get the option to chose between the glass-bottom boat or snorkelling gear. If you are doing the semi-sub, then don’t bother with the glass bottom boat. It’s cool and all, but ta bit of a let down after the amazing semi-sub.
- I wouldn’t bother with lunch. It was curry and rice, with a selection of meats, melon and bread. Just buy food on the island when you get there.
- The water is so shallow here that you can walk out to sea for a few minutes before it gets too deep to continue walking. So your unlikely to see many fish near the shore (you will if you swim out) but it’s a perfect depth for non-swimmers/ kids to have a walk in the water.
Very nice tour of Green Island! We did the whole day trip which included mini submersible submarine, glass-bottom boat ride, and we signed up to do reef snorkeling with Michelle, a marine biologist, who convinced my wife to try it. My wife doesn’t swim or go into water any further than her hips, and she loved it. We had a ring to hold on to and she guided us around to see the coral, fish, sea turtles and a stingray. A very memorable experience! You can snuba or scuba as well. The crew were helpful and friendly!
What a bang for my buck! The food was surprisingly good and I had enough time on the island to actually enjoy the island. I am glad I looked this
Lunch was good, if you like Thai cuisine. Snorkeling was good as well, a little short on time but we saw plenty of fish, corals, sea cucumbers and stars, and also a stingray.
a full day spent here and we all enjoyed it (family of 4, teenagers). simple snorkeling area good for beginners
brilliant day well worth the money great to see the coral fish and the catamaran ride was a smooth ride . everybody was friendly and helpful all together a day full of memories great
Sensational experience, great day out and lovely way to see more of Australia
We had a great day. boat sick but its enjoyable
Great barrier reef !! one of the worlds wonders ... sea walker is a given ..
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us