Great Sandy Marine Park, Turtle Discovery & Cultural Ecotour
Our Milbi vessel is also the most steady of the bay, our itinerary was designed so we cruise smooth waters only, slowly. Our boat has glass panels to enjoy the coral reefs from the comfort of your warm clothes if you do not wish to snorkel, this is the only glass bottom boat in Hervey Bay and one of the largest of Australia.
As we ensure you have a relaxing time on board, you will enjoy four hours of marine adventures. Snorkelling equipment is provided to enable you the ultimate experience of coming face to face with the infinite wonders of the marine park. You are likely to see fish habitat amongst the coral reef, turtles, dolphins, sea bird colonies, and possibly a reef shark or dugong. Time is set aside to explore Round Island and enjoy a healthy lunch and tropical fruit platter.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Sandy National Park, Great Sandy National Park, Fraser Coast, Queensland
We depart the Marina with no set itinerary, we travel with what the tides, weather and wildlife have to offer on the day. Our top priority is to offer the best experience for you to spot wildlife, snorkel, enjoy and relax. We stop at one or all three islands: Weenandin (Round Island), Tooliewah (Big Woody Island) and Pelican Banks. Here you will be received by a warm Welcome to Country and you will enjoy a healthy lunch. A unique cultural experience not to be missed while in Hervey Bay.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Hervey Bay, Hervey Bay, Fraser Coast, Queensland
You will see the iconic pier of Hervey Bay while cruising on board of the Milbi. Enjoy the scenery of the bay, learn its Butchulla history directly from your Indigenous guide, all through beautiful Dremtime stories.
- Healthy Lunch
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All activities
- Local Indigenous guide
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- National Park fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- No Pickups
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian / Vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Thoroughly enjoyed this day out. Got a generous amount of time to do some snorkeling, informative and interesting commentary, Team were knowledgeable about the local area and very helpful. Even got a traditional welcome on Round Island by a local indigenous man. My advice. Book and go!
Interesting and very friendly informative tour. Guides were very knowledgable. Nice relaxing trip.. lunch was no fuss with lots of nibbles on tour.
The trip was different to what we were expecting.
There was not a lot of time off the boat as we changed to a larger vessel due to engine troubles in the smaller boat. We spent the majority of the day cruising looking for dolphins and turtles. We did see a dugong, some dolphins but no turtles. There was no time to snorkel apart from about 20 minutes when the boat dropped us off at a lovely island however there was nothing to look at except the sandy bottom.
The larger boat was excellent for families with small children however it was dangerous exiting and entering the boat by jumping from the platform into the deep water. This would be entirely different in the smaller boat as it can pull up onto the sand.
Overall we had a lovely day on the water, the crew were helpful and the local guide had excellent knowledge about the immediate area.
If you are looking to spend time ashore to swim and snorkel then I would suggest that you speak to the operator first about where they are intending on taking the boat.
Didn't see the turtles or snorkel due to bad weather. Enjoyed the cruise and a walk on a little island.
Very relaxing boat ride but really didn't get to see any turtles except a few heads popping up. Too much time on island and not enough animal action for me. Music selections were great!
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us