Great Ocean Road Reverse Itinerary Tour
**CovidSafe Tour - the world will never be the same again, and traveling on small groups is definitely the best option from now on. To make you feel safe and enjoy this unique experience the most, we've reduced this tour to a maximum of 10 people and implemented a Covid Clean series of practices. More details below at the Additional Information session**
Are you the kind of person that enjoys losing your breath sometimes? Are you ready for the beauty of this storm carved coastline?
If you said yes, you're ready to join us on this awesome Great Ocean Road Small Groups Tour!
Things you will see and do:
• Travel inland in the morning straight to the Twelve Apostles
• At least 4 attractions at the 12 Apostles Coast: London Bridge, Loch Ard Gorge, The Razorback and the Twelve Apostles
• Coastal towns: Apollo Bay, Lorne and lots of other stops for pictures
• Reverse itinerary to avoid the crowds: we mean it! We get there earlier
• More attractions, more stops, more fun!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, Victoria 3269 Australia
Travel inland in the morning and go straight to the 12 Apostles. Get there early, beat the crowds of the afternoon and enjoy these magnificent limestone formations when it’s still quiet and peaceful.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: London Bridge, west of Port Campbell on Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, Victoria 3269 Australia
Get to know the story of this dramatic collapse that happened almost 30 years ago.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Loch Ard Gorge, Great Ocean Road Port Campbell National Park, Port Campbell, Victoria Australia
Be amazed by these two breathtaking attractions on this stop:
- The Loch Ard Gorge - tragic and incredibly beautiful story of one of the most famous shipwrecks in Australia. Walk on the beach and feel dwarfed by the magnificent limestone and sandstone cliffs
- The Razorback - the most impressive formation of this rugged shipwreck coast
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Port Campbell National Park, Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, Victoria 3269 Australia
Stop for lunch on this charming coastal town. Go for a walk and take pictures from this white sand beach
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Blanket Bay Road, Cape Otway, Great Otway National Park, Victoria 3221 Australia
Drive through the national park and watch these ancient threes passing by
Pass By: Apollo Bay Museum, 6250 Great Ocean Rd, Apollo Bay, Victoria 3233 Australia
Drive through this cool coastal town and hear the stories and curiosities of the place
Stop At: Kennet River Koala Walk, Grey River Road, Kennett River, Victoria 3234 Australia
Try to spot the cute marsupials koalas and also take pictures of the orange-bellied parrots that hang around this place
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lorne Beach, Mountjoy Parade, Lorne, Victoria 3232 Australia
Fantastic way to finish the day watching the surfers in action on this elegant beach town
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Anglesea Golf Club, 1 Golf Links Rd, Anglesea, Victoria 3230 Australia
Before heading back to Melbourne take some pictures of these funny marsupials kangaroos
Duration: 10 minutes
- National Park fees
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Disposable Face Masks
- Hand Sanitizer
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Apostles
- Entry/Admission - London Bridge
- Entry/Admission - Loch Ard Gorge
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We are not able to accommodate children under 7 years of age on this tour, as according to VicRoads regulations they must travel on child restraints, which are not available in our minibuses. Passengers who show up with under 7 years old kids will be refused boarding without refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The vehicle used on this tour is a Toyota Hiace Commuter minibus for a maximum of 10 people. If you prefer a more spacious minibus, with hotel pickup/drop off and WiFi on board, please have a look at the PREMIUM version of this tour in our TripAdvisor page.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- **Covid Clean Tour** - a series of practices were put in place to make experience safer: 1. Symptoms free Policy, 2. Sanitisation - regular cleaning on high contact areas, 3. Social Distancing, 4. Protective Equipment: Hand sanitizers and face maks available on the tour
- **Symptoms Free Policy** - In the case you are feeling unwell, with symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or headache, for your and all other passenger’s safety we ask you not to join the tour. We might ask to have your temperature measured before entering the minibus.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We encourage travelers to download the CovidSafe App, which speeds up the current manual process of finding people who have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19. This means you'll be contacted more quickly if you are at risk. Maximum number of people reduced to 10.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Our guide Orlando, was knowledgable, funny and very accommodating and flexible . Great music singalong
Great tour visiting lots of spectacular sights, and the timeframe in which to do this was perfect. Tour guide was very knowledgable and friendly. Great day spent out. Definitely worth it.
It was such a nice day! We saw koalas, kangaroos, and amazing views. Our guide Peter was super nice and professional, and we learned a lot about the Great Ocean Road! The bus was comfortable and everything went smoothly. This is a great way to see as much as possible if you don’t have a lot of time to spare - although on the road I kind of hoped I had taken a several day trip as there were so many amazing places where I would’ve liked to stay for longer. I definitely recommend this trip for everyone! One thing to keep in mind though if you’re young like me; this is not a backpacker tour, so if you’re looking for a younger crowd, this might not be the best one for you. I really enjoyed it though! :)
Really great tour, nice views and nice people.
Our tour guide Jack was really nice as well and even propose to drop me at my hostel. I totally recommend
Had a great tour with the best tour guide Matthew! Would definitely recommend this trip with Hit The Road Tours.
Had a great trip, Peter was an amazing guide, had lots of interesting informations and facts about the GOR! Would do it again everything!
Wonderful trip and very well organised . Left on time and had plenty of time at each location . We even stopped along the road to see koalas and kangaroos .
The concept of doing this in reverse is great. Leanne was informative, had great suggestions for each stop so each person could opt for their personal experience. As a very tall person, I would like more leg room.
Its amazing trip....with nice group....guide and driver was nice person , Jack he was really helpful and friendly best guide i ever had so far.
The guide showed us amazing „secret“ places and had a lot to tell us. The small groups were nice. We really enjoyed ourselves and would definitely book this tour again.
This trip was amazing! it was great to get up early and beat the crowds! Our guide Gui was great!! He did a great job making sure everyone was happy. Consistently asking if anyone needed photos. He also let us ride along to the place where the van gets cleaned since we wanted to go see the penguins around sunset.
Great guide and good value for money. We had an amazing time visiting the highlights of the Great Ocean Road.
Leanne was the best guide !!!! She told us all the information and she was always kind with us. In every stop she explained us what we were looking and show the best photo spots
Although a long day of in and out of a van, the time was worth the experience. Our guide was beyond knowledgeable, accommodating, patient, and made numerous stops allowing plenty of time for us to take in breathtaking views. The only negative would be the suggested restaurant for lunch; I would recommend else where (12 Rock Beach Bar where my son has eaten several times). Sitting in the very back of the van is quite uncomfortable with bumpy roads. Two amazing tourists offered to change places with us and we were beyond appreciative.
Great trip, our driver and guide became ill and could not continue on the trip but the company quickly arranged for another driver and we were on the way. Then T the end of the trip he took us all to our accommodations. Really cAred about his passengers.
This tour was amazing. Seeing the Twelve Apostles, London bridge, Razorback, Loch Ard Gorge etc. was breathtaking. It was like being in a movie set seeing these landmarks and more in real life.
Peter was an excellent guide. We have seen so many fantastic, breathtaking panorama and interesting things.
Excellent tour , must do in Melbourne. You see something nice and interesting on every stop you have.
Great tour! Jack was a great tour guide. We beat the crowds in the morning and made a few bonus stops on the way.
The day was beautiful and our guide Matthew did his best to make our trip really amazing. He made sure we were always informed about the stops and what to expect. His being prepared and knowledgeable really helped to make the experience amazing thank you Matthew! Getting the reverse tour was the best idea because you get to see the main attraction first and we had a lot of extra stops that were bonus from our guide so it was really awesome! All in all was stress free and fun!
Leanne was a great Guide, Host and a very humble person ! Moreover, entire trip members were very friendly and communicated well among us during the travel. This trip is very good due to Reverse direction to avoid crowds, traffic congestion and enjoy scenes !
Fun day trip and an easy and efficient way to see the coast line. This was the highlight of our trip to Melbourne.
Jack is an awesome guide, makes sure you have a great time. Amazing and beautiful sights peppered with Jacks commentary and humor. Beautiful day and super value, got to 12 apostles early before crowds, choose this tour, you won’t regret.
It was drizzling and foggy day to see this beautiful sightseeing but the driver was kind enough to see us when the weather was a bit better. The money I paid definitely recommend it!!! I forgot driver name(George??) He dropped everyone's hotels after sightseeing which is not included. Thank you for your kindness.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us