Full-Day Maria Island Scenic Cruise with Drinks and Guided Walk
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: East Coast Cruises, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Award winning Cruise & Walk day tour of Tasmania's stunning Maria Island National Park. The only tour to combine viewing wild seals, dolphins, wombats, kangaroos, Cape Barren geese, eagles, wallabies, albatross and whales (during migration) with World famous geological landscapes and UNESCO World Heritage convict history and lunch at a remote pristine beach. An amazing day tour from Hobart.
Rated the #1 tour in Hobart on Tripadvisor!
The perfect tour for local, interstate and international visitors wanting to escape to nature, relax, unwind and come face to face with Australia's iconic native animals and famous landscapes.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Maria Island National Park, Tasmania Australia
Enter onto Maria Island National Park for a 2-hour guided walk of Maria's UNESCO World Heritage listed convict settlement. Come face to face with Maria Island's iconic native wildlife including wombats, kangaroos, wallabies, Cape Barren geese and even possibly Tasmanian devils. Maria Island is the best place in the world to see wombats in the wild!
Duration: 2 hours
- 4-hour scenic cruise
- 2-hour stay on Maria Island
- Guided walk of Darlington convict settlement
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Chilled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Soda water
- Soft drinks
- Orange juice
- Wombat viewing
- Seal viewing (morning tea & coffee with Australian fur seals!)
- Kangaroo viewing
- Dolphin watching
- Whale watching
- Alcoholic Beverages - Complimentary single serve during lunch
- Lunch - COVID restrictions now require BYO Lunch. Lunch can be provided from our cafe and be added separately to each booking.
- Landing and facility fees
2: 20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
3: Hobart TAS, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Please select the TOUR + BUS option. Hotel pickups are available to ALL guests staying within 5min of the Hobart CBD. Please enter (or message) the name or address of your accommodation and our new shuttle bus will pick you up and deliver you right to your door! Hotel pickup are chosen in the tour options at an additional cost of $30 per person for return transfer to Hobart. Guests located outside of the Hobart CBD can choose to meet at the Hobart Travel & Information Centre.
- Hobart International Airport, Strachan St, Cambridge TAS 7170, Australia
- Triabunna Wharf, Charles St, Triabunna TAS 7190, Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please book your Hobart shuttle bus separately by choosing the tour + bus option if you do require the pickup
- Tours are subject to weather and minimum numbers
- Tours are perfect for children and families!
- The vessel is safe and comfortable and provides protection from the elements
- The vessel has a comfortable on board toilet, which doubles as a change room for those wanting to swim
- East Coast Cruises reserves the right to cancel departures at anytime and will refund the full amount of any monies paid by the customer.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Our 5-star tour is catered with drinks and optional food/lunch onboard
- Designed and guided by professional scientists
- Small and personalised tour groups. Maximum 24 people for room to move about the boat!
- Waterproof jackets and pants available onboard the boat
- Perfect for children
- Seasickness tablets and wristbands provided to all guests if required
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Fantastic, very professionally run tour. Boat very clean and organised. Micheal is an excellent operator and boat driver. Very informative commentary and knows all the great spots to slow down for the passages to enjoy and take heaps of wonderful photos. The lunch which you purchase separately is really delicious. All sorts of drinks are on offer , with a scrumptious morning tea. A guided walk, or walk on your own on Maria Island is also included. Highly recommend this tour with Spirit of Maria crew. Thanks for a wonderful day. !
It’s beautiful trip!!! The weather was good so we could go to lle Des Phoques. It was amazing! Really impressive. The tour guides are really friendly. Highly recommend.
Great cruise where we got to see some dolphins and lots of fur seals. The cliff faces of Maria Island are unique and are of interest to geologiests. We had lunch on board the boat, and then were taken for a walk around the little historic village of Darlington. We were able to hear some of the history of Maria Island during the convict days. The boat crew were friendly and helpful, and it was an enjoyable day.
This was one of the best tours I’ve ever done. We were picked up from our hotels in Hobart and driven down to Triabunna where we hopped onto a ferry to circumnavigate Maria Island. The scenery was spectacular and quite varied. We then had a few hours on Maria Island before being taken back to Triabunna and then Hobart. The crew of East Coast Tours were amazing. If you do nothing else while in Tassie, do this one!
Overall trip was lovely . Lots to see and staff was super nice . The ride to harbor was also lovely and pick up at hotel was so convenient
Nice group of people, helpful and knowledgeable information throughout ; overall a nice experience (good local Pinot Noir wine...with lunch).
This day was splendid!! Loved the seals and dolphins playing along our boat. Mike was very full of history and information. Lunch was a treat!
Enjoyed every minute. Mike and Thalia were very knowledgable and friendly. Lovely refreshments and tasty lunch. You see so much more than a ferry trip to Maria. We have already been thinking about coming back again.
Highly recommend this tour. Michael and Jaz our tour guides were extremely professional and full of local knowledge. The scenerey was spectacular. We saw dolphins and seals. The morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea were the best we have had on a cruise.
Don't miss this must see cruise it is great value for money. Many many thanks to Michael and Jaz.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us