Full Day Daintree Rainforest and Mossman Gorge Tour
Experience the magnificent and untouched UNESCO World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest, the oldest living rainforest in the world, on a day trip from Port Douglas. Spot crocodiles in the wild on a river cruise, sample locally made tropical fruit ice creams, marvel at the beauty of this World Heritage-listed site from Alexandra Lookout and take in the rainforest from the forest floor with informative guided walks. If you are lucky you may just spot a cassowary. The maximum participants for this tour is 11.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Daintree Rainforest - Cooper Creek Wilderness, 2333 Cape Tribulation Rd, Cape Tribulation, Queensland 4873 Australia
1 hour river cruise spotting crocodiles and wildlife in the mangroves. Learn about the incredible ecosystem found here and how the reef and rainforest co-exist.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mossman Gorge, Daintree National Park, Queensland 4873 Australia
Jump on board the Mossman Gorge shuttle into the rainforest with your guide. Enjoy the spectacular scenery of the rainforest and crystal clear water flowing over giant boulders of the Mossman River.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jindalba Boardwalk, LOT 439 Tulip Oak Rd, Cow Bay, Queensland 4873 Australia
Stunning rainforest at Jindalba. Join your guide once again for commentary about the unique flora and fauna that call this place home.
Duration: 1 hour
- National Park fees
- Lunch and Snacks as well as Coffee & Tea
- Driver/guide with Live commentary on board
- River cruise spotting crocodiles
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Daintree Rainforest - Cooper Creek Wilderness
- Entry/Admission - Mossman Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Jindalba Boardwalk
- Ice Cream from Daintree Ice Cream Company
Please note: Guests who are staying in Cairns and Northern Beaches are required to book the 8:20am departure. The 7:20am departure is from Port Douglas hotels only.
Cairns transfers return: $40 per adult, $20 per child
Northern Beaches transfers return: $22 per adult, $11 per child.
Please contact our reservations team +61 7 4099 6999 prior to day of departure to pay for transfers direct.
Daintree Tours can collect guests from all hotels and resorts in Port Douglas, Cairns and Northern Beaches.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Most travelers can participate
- If you are staying in Cairns or on the Northern Beaches, please book the 8:20am departure. Transfers are additional, $40 per person return from Cairns and $22 return from Northern Beaches.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Prior to travelling with us, you will be required to provide, your full name, a current phone number and residential address (address of accommodation if travelling) in order to complete your activity. We are following all guidelines set out by the Queensland Government.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Peter our guide was very knowledgable. The food was lovely and the length of time in the bus broken up perfectly with beautiful sites to see. Thanks for a great day.
I enjoyed this great day touring the Daintree rainforest. Peter was an awesome guide pointing out some interesting insects and describing the forest plants and trees. All of our stops were enjoyable. He even did an unscheduled stop on the way back to my hotel to point out the fruit bat colony just on the edge of Port Douglas.
Tour was really above our expectation, tour guide was fantastice, highly recomended for anyone who wants to learn about Australia and this wonderful natural areas.
A full day of touring Daintree rain forest and Mossman Gorge. The tour was smaller which I felt made it more enjoyable., Gary our tour guide was very knowledgeable. Daintree is beautiful. We were lucky to see a crocodile in the wild. Mossman Gorge was beautiful. It reminded me a lot of the rivers and gorges in the mountains in New England. I didn't bring my bathing suit but would have liked to go for a dip.
If you want an all-rounded experience with a great tour guide, this is your choice! Ben, our tour guide, was fantastic. We saw a rainforest beach, a cassowary family, a river with crocodiles (and a very huge crocodile), mangroves, skinks, lizards, and many beautiful plants and trees. We even saw beautiful local aboriginals. I strongly recommend this tour at any time of the year.
Our guide Ben was knowledgable and helpful, and we had the opportunity to see a lot of dimensions of the rain forest. If you have the opportunity to wade or swim in the Mossman Gorge, do so. It was lovely.
We had a great experience in the Daintree rainforest. Peter was an excellent (knowledgeable and entertaining) tour guide.
Timing was great- Dale, out tour guide,was very knowledgeable-
Beautiful scenery -lunch spot was so pretty eating at restaurant in the rainforest
super day, great guide, highly recommend
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us