Fitzroy Island Day Trip from Cairns
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fitzroy Island Adventures, Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal 1 Spence Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Enjoy Fitzroy Island with Raging Thunder. Relax on the beach or explore the island and walk to the summit. Glass bottom boat is available or snorkelling equipment.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Fitzroy Island National Park, Fitzroy Island, Queensland 4871 Australia
Enjoy snorkelling or walking at Fitzroy Island. Spend a full day or just half a day.
Duration: 7 hours
- Use of snorkel gear (if option selected)
- Use of stinger suit (if option selected)
- Glass-bottom boat tour (if option selected)
- Lunch - (If option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Fitzroy Island Adventures
- Entry/Admission - Fitzroy Island National Park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- All Fees and Taxes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stinger suits are included in the Activity Pass 2 and can be collected at the beach hire hut upon collection of your snorkel equipment. Suits must be returned to the beach hire hut prior to departure ex Fitzroy Island
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring sandals/reef shoes as beach is covered in old coral
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Covid Procedures: High levels of signage about distance and hygiene, we will have hand sanitizers around the vessel
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Karl was a great captain and the crew were very helpful. Could not get snorkeling gear as not enough on board. Nudey beach was great
Great weather and really nice ce people maning the tour, boat and everything else. Just awesome. Snorkeling was good, plenty of fish and coral to see.
The whole trip was a great experience and we enjoyed it. Staff were friendly and very informative and also dealt with our friend who was seasick
The freedom to spend the day snorkelling, exploring the island, glass bottom boat tour and seeing turtles swimming around freely, fabulous!
It was a good day for Fitzroy island. We bought the package including glass bottom ship and snorkelling equipment hiring. We also selected the guided snorkelling tour, which is highly recommended for those haven't snorkelled before. The walking trail to the peak roughly took 2.5 hours. The scenery at the top is stunning, but wouldn't recommend it if you are not physically fit.
The day was really great the cruise people were helpful Fitzroy island is a beautiful place and the food and service were great staff helpful
This was a great day trip. Quick boat trip and crew very helpful and friendly. Loved the walk to the summit but go up via lighthouse path. Snorkel dive a small extra but well worth it. Very pretty Island with excellent swimming.
Fitzroy island is absolutely beautiful! If you want to snorkel definitely go on either side of the pier to the big rocks on each side. We saw 4 turtles, a couple of blue spotted rays, and a vast array of fish. Even a couple of white tip reef sharks but they scare easily so don’t worry about them. Getting gear at the beach hut was easy and the staff of raging thunder were very nice and informative. The lunch they provide was delicious! I would say check out Nudey beach because it’s a great beach area and more secluded but if you want to snorkel don’t do it there because there isn’t much reef within the nudey beach section. My only bad review is that they need better snorkels, they tend to leak. So if you can bring your own snorkels, I’d say do that, at least until they upgrade.
We had a great day at Fitzroy Island. There was plenty to do from snorkeling to hiking and the picnic lunch was great! Also, loved the glass bottom boat tour.
Gorgeous island! The beaches have coral so need shoes to walk around. Nice hikes available. Recommend snorkel safari - extra charge but a marine biologist will snorkel with your group to describe the types of coral and animals that you see. We snorkeled near nudey beach on other side of the island and there was a lot of coral variety- including an amazing blue one! Had to wear stinger suits due to the time of year. Liked the glass bottom boat as well! Turtle hospital unfortunately was closed the day we were there. Amazing drinks at Foxys with a nice view to relax.
We just took the ferry over for our last afternoon in Cairns. We walked the secret garden path. So many birds! Just a wonderful relaxing end to our 3 weeks in Australia.
The boat which took us to Fitzroy Island was very comfortable and you received some amazing views on the way. The sea was crystal clear, the rainforest breathtaking and the activities endless. The location was perfect for snorkelling and kayaking and the food and drink on the island was delicious. On the Island the Turtle Rehabilitation Centre is something not to be missed. A perfect day in every way.
Fitzroy Island is located 45 minutes by boat from Cairns. It's a beautiful island - with coral beaches, giant boulders and rainforest walking tracks. It's a true paradise! We had a great time there. If you visit Cairns, make sure to visit Fitzroy Island.
We bought the F2 option with lunch. So that we could enjoy everything the island had to offer. Lunch was good. The wind was a little strong so that we didn’t use the SUP for long. Hike to the lighthouse was very steep and demanding in some places.
Visited the island which was a beautiful place. Great snorkelling session with Phil amazing .. brill
I really enjoyed the beautiful scenery,peace and serenity in the island.Great tour.Thanks.
Less crowded than Green Island. Tour company was great. Get snorkel gear and head opposite Nudey beach which is crowded. Lunch option was tasty. Showers on island. Glass bottom boat can be skipped as you can't really see anything. Ferry fills up fast. SUP and kayak also available. SUNSCREEN!
We had a good time on Fitzroy Island. Very beautiful place. It's more relaxing on the beach. It better to buy food in the Fitzroy Island you will find it there few restaurants and bars with lot of delicious menu. It good day for just relaxing.
Great day trip as we have been to the Great Barrier Reef platform. We snorkeled several shipwrecks that were very amazing!
Lunch was Fantastic! The staff were very accomodating and informative. Thank you for a great day!
Beautiful Island. The staff were very nice fun and helpful even though it was just a transport trip.
Had a great day from start to finish.well worth the activities package and would advise for all ages. Big thanks to Fitzroy cruises
Sehr empfehlenswert, der Insel und sein Strände selber ist die Beste und schönste die ich je gesehen habe. Kristallklares warmes Wasser zum Schnorcheln ideal. Der kleine zweite Strand eine halbe stunde Spaziergang ein Traum! kaum Menschen und die fische und Korallen gleich paar Meter schwimmen sind zum sehen. Das Team war sehr hilfsbereit auch, hat alles passt
I was an amazing day trip . The island itself is beautiful. Raging Thunder very well recommended.
It's an amazing place. I strongly recommend this activity, perfect balance between price and service received.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us