Early Morning Ballooning in Alice Springs
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: MacDonnell Ranges, West MacDonnell National Park, Northern Territory Australia
You will see amazing views of the spectacular MacDonnell Ranges from your hot air balloon flight. We do not fly over or near the Ranges but you will certainly see them for as long as the eye can see.
Pass By: Outback Ballooning, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0871 Australia
Start your ballooning adventure in the pre-dawn when the outback sky is alight with the brightest stars and the air is fresh and cool. Inflation of the balloon begins with the first faint glow of dawn in the east and we are aloft when the powerful rays of sunrise light up this ancient red land and its brooding sentinel, the MacDonnell Ranges.
Drift over this rugged landscape and appreciate its immensity, keeping an eye out for native wildlife including the iconic Red Kangaroo. After the flight enjoy light refreshments including sparkling wine and fruit juice, which is served at the landing site. A superb way to see the Australian outback.
- 30 or 60 minute hot air balloon flight (depending on option selected)
- Light refreshments including sparkling wine and fruit juice
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- The listed price does not include the mandatory Civil Aviation Safety Authority Insurance. This insurance charge is AUD$30 per person and applies to all passengers regardless of age. This can be paid by cash, credit card or EFTPOS on the morning of the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- On occasion, the 60 minute flight time may be two separate, sequential 30 minute flights taken one directly after the other with a short changeover in between the two flights, depending on operational restrictions. Passengers will be notified the day prior should this be the case on the day of their flight.
- Child price applies to 6-16 years and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 3-5 years are not recommended but considered on an individual basis.
- Weather Conditions
- Safety is our primary concern and if we are prevented from flying due to unsuitable weather conditions, passengers may either re-book for another day or receive a full refund. The pilot’s decision with regard to flying conditions is final.
- Where possible, the balloon flight should always be booked for the first available day in the area to allow for re-booking in case of bad weather.
- General Health
- Physical fitness is not a requirement to enjoy a ballooning adventure, but passengers must be able to climb up and into the basket (approx. 1.2 metres in height) unaided using the basket foot holes and stand for the duration of the flight.
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules and regulations and Outback Ballooning’s policy prevent us from flying women who are over 12 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy must be advised in advance.
- Illness and/or recent operations that may affect the person or other persons on the tour must be notified to Outback Ballooning in advance. Medication should be brought on the tour.
- The packing up tasks at the end of the flight are optional and we would appreciate your assistance in these enjoyable activities. However, they do involve some lifting and participation is entirely voluntary. Passengers that are less able bodied are invited to stand back and take photos. Persons with medical conditions participating in the balloon flight and pack up activities do so at their own risk.
- Any form of disablement must be discussed with Outback Ballooning prior to making a booking. Each person is considered on an individual basis.
- The flight and carriage of any passenger will take place at the pilot’s discretion.
- Sparkling Wine
- Fruit juice
- Selection of individually packaged muffins, slices and cookies
- Cheese and biscuits
- Fresh fruit
- Menu subject to change without notice
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Beautiful sunrise and wonderful view of the landscape. Felt very safe, the pilot and the ground crew certainly knew what they were doing. Nice soft landing which on occasions doesn't happen.
Champagne breakfast to finish the morning off.
A nice early morning flight outside Alice SPrings. We did not have a perfect sun rise on our tour but still a very nice morning. The flight ended as it should with champagne sparkling wine.
Ver nice crew for pickup and a really good captain of teh flight.
This was an amazing experience and a very well run business
Such an amazing experience. Although it's been super early, it's been a wonderful thing to just be in complete silence up in the air. Great views of the landscape.
Absolutely worth the 4.00am start.
Slightly disappointed that I didn't get the 1 hour flight which I had paid for, but this was because everyone else had only booked for the cheaper half hour and December / Christmas is definitely not their busy season.
The tour company were at least honest enough to refund the extra half hour.
Would recommend to everyone to do this for the experience.
A MUST to experience in Alice Springs
A MUST to experience in Alice Springs
Many moons ago, our son went as a student ambassador with People to People and all he talked about was going up in a hot air balloon in the outback at sunrise. So, we were in Australia and we took this tour. The company was extremely organized and worked diligently in getting us informed, up in the air and down on the ground. I was taken aback on just how much work it was to operate a hot air balloon, but when you consider nature is in charge, it makes sense. We were on time in the air and drifting along in no time. Our three guides were absolute experts and I have no words to describe how serene and calming a hot air balloon ride is. Unfortunately there was no wild life to be seen (Kangroo's don't seem to be up and about most of the time) but this was totally worth the money and has inspired us to do more hot air ballooning!
Great morning flight, staff knowledgeable and friendly. Kept us informed the whole time as there was a chance we wouldn't fly that morning.
Very different experience, crew was professional and friendly, it was a bit crowded in the basket, packing the balloon was an xperience (i didnt mind) but might be tough on less fit
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us