Darwin to Kakadu Day Trip by Air Including Yellow Water Cruise
This tour includes over 2 hours of scenic flights, the MUST DO Yellow Water River Cruise, adequate time on ground to lunch at Cooinda, a visit to an Aboriginal Visitor Centre and still be back in Darwin for late afternoon and evening activities.
This iconic tour is ideal for the time poor due to the long distances involved. The bonus of aircraft travel is not just limited to saving time though, it's really about the 2 hours of extraordinary views of the Arafura Coast, vast floodplains, winding rivers, stunning Arnhem Land Plateau, Jim Jim and Twin falls (in the wet season) and so many other major sites!
With a guaranteed window seat on all our flights sit back and take in the majesty of Australia's largest National Park whilst absorbing the informative commentary.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kakadu National Park, Kakadu National Park, Top End, Northern Territory
Kakadu is dual-listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List for its outstanding natural and cultural values. No trip to the Northern Territory is complete without a visit to this iconic National Park.
Duration: 5 hours
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Yellow Water River Cruise
- National Park fees
- Lunch & Drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Customer car park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Check In: All flights require a check in 30 minutes prior to the advertised departure time. A late departure is likely to affect passengers on following flights. Our Goal is to remain on time, if your arrival is likely to be delayed please inform us urgently, we will offer you alternative options.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. A minimum of 4 people per booking is required.
- Flights are subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Please don’t be offended or concerned, Kakadu Air operates light aircraft, take-off weight is a safety issue, we will not fly over weight, or compromise safety.
- Due to the safety and weight / balance of the aircraft, we have a weight limitation of 130kg. If you are this weight please contact our reservations direct.
- The Company reserves the following rights, to cancel, or to postpone any flight without notice should a circumstance occur that might represent a threat to the safe conduct of the flight or tour.
- Reservations cancelled inside 24 hours from departure will forfeit payment in full.
- Kakadu Air respects the “Kakadu National Park managements” voluntary code of conduct known as the “The fly neighborly policy”. This policy limits flights to a certain minimum height above terrain, and distance lateral from about 30 locations in Kakadu. Jim Jim and Twin falls are two of these locations. These Falls are viewed freely in our WET SEASON flights as the roads are closed. In the DRY SEASON when the roads are open there are no flights over Jim Jim and Twin Falls.
- The Company and the pilot in command may refuse the carriage of a passenger, if that passenger could be regarded as likely to cause annoyance or offence to, or threaten the safety of the flight or any person on that flight.
- In refusing service to any person or persons for reason of drunkenness, annoyance, offence, or threat to flight passengers or crew, the company refuses liability for any inconvenience or cost related to our refusal for the passenger or freight to travel.
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Daryl our pilot was amazing, very imformitive, landscape beautiful, Yellow Water Cruise nice but the water level was low, but again very informative, our lunch was delicious, amazing trip Daryl looked after so well, I would do it again
One of the highlights of our visit to The Northern Territory was a day trip to Kakadu National Park by air. We flew in a six-seater twin-engine plane owned by Kakadu Air Services. The pilot Cameron, (a part-owner of the business), was extremely entertaining and informative on our one-and-a-half-hour flight to the park at 1500 Feet. We were given a continuous running commentary during the flight as we flew over low-lying floodplains, mangroves, and amazing massive rock formations. The commentary by Cameron was both amusing and passionate about the history and heritage of the park, which he very obviously loves. The stories, both real and mythical, were delightful. On the ground, the Yellow River Cruise was a serene experience quietly cruising alongside crocodiles and other abundant fauna and flora. The commentary by our guide Dennis was extremely knowledgeable and amusing. Lunch was good, and the walk around the cultural center remarkably interesting. We would strongly recommend that anyone visiting Darwin and is too short of time to drive to Kakadu, or want a more tireless day, should take this tour. Thank you to the team at Kakadu Air for an unforgettable experience.
We saw places we had seen from the ground 40 years ago . A great way to see lots in a short time and get that wonderful picture of the whole area . great commentary thanks Cameron.
Kakadu Air and Yellow Water Cruises are very professional tour operators and I would highly recommend them! I would also highly recommend booking your tour directly with these operators.
All of it. The pilot very helpful and informative fantastic view s Cameron was very knowledgeable and always pointed out the interesting points
This was the highlight of our Darwin trip. Peter the pilot looked after us well and the service was flawless all day. Yellow Water Cruises provided a brilliant experience including impressive knowledge of local wildlife and culture. The meal served at lunch was delicious with more than adequate portions. Well done!
We had a great day and David our pilot was very knowledgeable and kept us well informed and nothing was too much trouble.
Our yellow River ride was the same
Mary was also very knowledgeable and kept us update at every chance she could.
Had an enjoyable flight over Kakadu with Dave our pilot, he was so good flying out to take time to fly low over the waterfalls and ranges, enabling us to take some good photos of both Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls. It was good as we only had a party of four, we checked out the Cultural Centre and boarded the Yellow River Cruise to see some of the best sights, fields of waterlilies and heaps of crocs and birdlife. Our Guide did a great job managing that boat to show us up close the wonderful sites of this area.This trip was the only way to see Kakadu in a day !!
A truly great way to see Kakadu. David our pilot kept us well informed and smiling all day. The boat cruise with Dennis and Stallone displyed Kakadu by water at its finest. Stallone shared his stories, traditions and local language. Lunch was excellent and will be visiting Cooinda again. We had a great day. Thank you Kakadu Air
Cannot speak highly enough of our terrific pilot/driver/tour guide/caterer Dave. He was patient and cheerful throughout and really looked after us. The scenery is amazing and this is the very best way to see Kakadu. The admin was terrific and smooth sailing from booking to completion- they even answered email questions after hours! Well worth the money- highly recommend Dave and the team.
All the elements of this trip were just as you'd hope they'd be. Mitch was an excellent pilot, an attentive and informative tour host and just generally good company. The views were spectacular. Rueben on the boat was both entertaining and informative and the wildlife was everywhere thanks to his sharp eye and lively style. The whole day was comfortable, packed with interest and just flew by! (Sorry about the pun)
If you have limited time in Darwin but want to see all the amazing rock formations as well as take a tour through the local community, this is well worth the money! Had an amazing day and was back in time for dinner. Recommend
Well worth the money, a great way to see so much of the park, saw crocodiles, turtles, kestrels sea eagles, jabirus and lots of other local wildlife, the water lilies were amazing all in all a great experience
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us