Daintree and Cape Tribulation Tour from Cairns
Enjoy a guided rainforest walk through Mossman Gorge, a cruise on the Daintree River, delicious tropical lunch set amongst the rainforest, and a walk on famous Cape Tribulation Beach. Stop at the Daintree Ice Cream Company for a refreshing fruit ice cream before returning home.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mossman Gorge, Daintree National Park, Queensland 4873 Australia
Explore the ancient rainforest of Mossman Gorge - home of the Kuku Yalanji people, and part of the Daintree Rainforest; the world's oldest surviving tropical rainforest. Your experienced driver guide will take you on a guided walk here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Daintree River Cruise Centre, 2914 Mossman - Daintree Rd PMB 4, Daintree QLD 4873, Australia
Enjoy a 1 hour cruise on the Daintree River- an intricate eco-system home to a range of Australian wildlife including the elusive Saltwater Crocodile.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Daintree National Park, Tropical Research Station, Cape Tribulation, Queensland 4873 Australia
A BBQ lunch is included in a private rainforest setting; this location is home to some of the world's most primitive plant species including the Idiospermum.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cape Tribulation Beach, Cape Tribulation, Queensland Australia
Walk on renowned Cape Tribulation beach, famous for being where the Rainforest meets the Reef. This place was named by Captain Cook on his voyage of discovery. Your driver guide will share their knowledge of this stunning location.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mount Alexandra Lookout, Cape Tribulation Rd, Cape Tribulation, Queensland QLD 4873 Australia
Take in the amazing views across the Rainforest canopy and out to where the Daintree River meets the Coral Sea - the perfect photo opportunity!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Daintree Ice Cream Company, 1819 Cape Tribulation Rd, Diwan QLD 4873, Australia
The tour includes an afternoon refreshment at the Daintree Ice Cream Company. A tasting cup with 4 local ice cream flavours, made from ingredients grown in their on-site organic fruit orchard.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Down Under Tours - Day Tours, 26 Redden St, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
This tour is operated by Down Under Tours- the leading day tour operator in Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef Region. Our local guides have a vast knowledge and experience to share with our passengers on our day tours.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Travel in comfort in a custom-built vehicle
- Professional driver guide
- Driver guided walk in Mossman Gorge
- Coffee and/or Tea
- 1 hr Daintree River Cruise
- Barbecue lunch at Noah's Creek
- Walk on Cape Tribulation beach
- Exotic fruit ice cream at The Daintree Ice Cream Company
- Alexandra Lookout
- Daintree Ferry crossing
- Live commentary on board
- Audio commentary available for German, Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin
- Entry/Admission - Mossman Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Daintree River Cruise Centre
- Entry/Admission - Daintree National Park
- Entry/Admission - Daintree Ice Cream Company
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Port pickup and drop-off
- NO pickup from Machans Beach, Holloways Beach and Yorkeys Knob.
Your exact pickup time and location will be confirmed by the operator after you have booked. Please be ready at the confirmed pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your confirmed pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Cruise ship passengers are recommended to walk to the Hilton Hotel for tour pickup as port pickup/drop-off is not available
- GPS commentary available in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin and Japanese
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Peter was an amazing tour guide. Very informative, fun and considerate. We would most definitely do another tour with Peter.
I don’t normally leave reviews, but couldn’t let the opportunity pass without saying how amazing and special this trip was. Mainly because of Peter (down under tours)our driver and guide. He totally knows his stuff and made the day so memorable. Stunning scenery, comfortable bus, fantastic food.
Our tour guide was so knowledgeable and I felt that he is passionate for his job. We learnt the history and biology of the forests we visited. He also had a sense of humour so we enjoyed his company. The who took us on the boat was also nice, and tried best our experience to be memorable as we were able to spot wildlife.
Fantastic tour! Simply beautiful!
Gorgeous vantage points and coastline! Our guide, Allison, was phenomenal. She shared so much information about Cairns, the coast, Daintree and Cape Trib. The lunch was phenomenal, the scenery spectacular and each stop offered a different perspective of the area.
Downunder tours was amazing. The driver/host kept the trip interesting and was awesome. A big asset to the tour operators. Thank you for a great day out. Worth every cent and very professional.
The trip was very well organised, we saw a lot in one day without feeling too rushed. The food included was very good. We were picked up in Port Douglas but most of the coach occupants had been picked up at least an hour earlier in Cairns, a very long day for them but just right for us.
No shop stop ! Some nice food and BBQ, proactive guide, fast driving, we even succeeded in avoiding the rain that day, incredible. The stop in Cape Tribulation was maybe too short but we had plenty of time in Mossman Gorge. The coach is so comfy with its lorry chassis and leather seats. The cruise was enjoyable but I was a bit worry with the 'leaking' of the boat : at high speed, water entered the boat on the right hand side and we had no explanation, quite frightening in a crocodile river...
An excellent taster experience of Daintree and the cape! Magical places and a great, knowledgeable driver and tour guide in Daniel. Would definitely recommend to all wanting to explore the area - and then head back to Cape Tribluation to spend the whole day on that beautiful beach.
Excellent day out, great places to visit , good time levels out of the bus. Very good driver cum guide and really comfortable mini coach. Highly recommend this a tour to do if in cairns area.
Driver provided lots of interesting information. Weather didn't cooperate.
Jason was a PHENOMENAL Tour Guide. He really cared about what he was showing us. It was very enjoyable, entertaining, and educational. I highly recommend this tour for anyone staying in Cairns.
excellent guide, great scenery. worth the journey
You really get a feel for nature at her most awesome. Piggy the guide at the rainforest was one of a kind!
Trip was excellent esp the guide ,very informative.I think his name is Brian. Yes we saw baby crocs not the big fellas.Very enjoyable.Thank you.
The day was very long, but it was an amazing tour of the areas north of Cairns... I would totally recommend this to anyone visiting the area... one day to tour the reef and one day for the rainforests!!!
I highly recommend this tour! We saw everything but never felt rushed and the guide was excellent and very knowledgeable.
Fantastic trip, well organized, smoothly run. Our driver was excellent, safe, cautious, very knowledgeable with good commentary during the entire trip. "Mick", the boat driver on the river trip was a special treat, enthusiastic, with real passion that was contagious.
Absolutely stunning!! We saw a Cassowary and chick, and a massive Croc amongst the stunning wildlife and rain forest.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us