CanBEERa Explorer: Capital Brewery Full-Day Tour
This tour includes all your transportation, lunch and plenty of fresh craft beer and cider!
When: Saturdays, 11am-5pm.
Pick up: 11:00am We meet at BentSpoke Brewing Co, 38 Mort St. Braddon.
Duration: approximately 6+ hours.
Number of guest per tour: maximum 10 people per tour (contact us for information on larger groups).
Inclusions: Behind the scenes tours of each brewery, a heap of fun facts about beer, a good number of beer and cider tastings throughout the day, an amazing lunch, transport in our air conditioned buses, snacks and water, and an awesome tour guide.
What to bring: sturdy enclosed shoes, camera.
1. After meeting your guide outside BentSpoke brewpub, it’s off to our first stop, Zierholz Premium Brewery in the industrial suburb of Fyshwick. Here you will learn all about beer and what goes into making it, with a beer in your hand of course, from the owner and brewer Christoph. With a head full of beer knowledge we get behind the scenes and go deep inside the brewery to see where it all happens. Out the other side of the brewery and back in the tasting bar, it's time to taste more of their German-inspired beers before we head off to lunch.
2. Lunch is at The Durham Castle Arms at Kingston. A stalwart of the Canberra pub scene, “the Duzza” has 10 taps of constantly rotating craft beer and hosts regular tap takeovers and beer “fight clubs”. Grab a burger, schnitzel or choose from a range of other tasty lunch options while enjoying a cold beer during our stay.
3. A short trip back into town takes us to the Wig & Pen Tavern, Canberra’s oldest craft brewery, which opened in 1994. Here we will chat with head brewer, Alan, explore the brewery, learn about cask conditioning and have a peek in the barrel room. We then retire to sample more of their wares in the bar, which was once the green room for the Llewellyn Hall concert venue where the brewery now resides.
4. With time to squeeze in one more brewery, it’s back to BentSpoke in Braddon. Opened in 2014 by award-winning brewer Richard Watkins and partner Tracy, marvel at the innovative use of space (not to mention the shiny stainless steel and bicycle-inspired décor) as we sample beers from the seasonally changing 18 taps. With the brewery as a backdrop to the bar, you can even “tour” from the comfort of your table.
Finish: approximately 5:30pm at BentSpoke Brewing Co in Braddon, which is minutes from many of the area’s fine restaurants for a dinner stop to round out One Great Day.
Please note, while this is our usual itinerary, the order may change slightly due to brewery operations. Our guides/drivers do everything they can to have you back as close to the drop off time as promised.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us