Calypso Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruise from Port Douglas
Experience the outer Great Barrier Reef by immersing yourself amongst the coral and marine life with snorkelling or introductory / certified scuba diving.
During the day you will visit 3 spectacular sites on the Great Barrier Reef to see the diversity of this natural wonder.
We want you to know we are taking the current health crisis very seriously and will always put your health and safety at the forefront of our operations. Calypso adheres to a COVID-19 Safe Plan.
• Calypso Reef Cruises, Corner Warner & Grant Streets, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877 Australia
• Agincourt Reef, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877 Australia
• Opal Reef, Port Douglas, Queensland Australia
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Afternoon Tea & Coffee/Tea
- Professional Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Guided snorkel tour (Use of Snorkelling equipment) and Interpretive reef talk
- Environmental Management Charge (AUD$6.50). Please note: amount increases to $7 on 1st April 2020
- Transfers from Cairns & Northern Beaches
- Soft drinks / chocolate bars
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 per person is payable on day of travel. It is not included in amount paid to Trip Advisor Experiences. Please note, this amount increases to $7 on 1st April 2020. Any bookings made for travel after 1st April 2020, EMC will be included in price.
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Additional dives may be booked and paid for on board (subject to availability). Maximum of three dives in a day.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted to dive.
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If its raining on your day of travel, the tour will still go ahead. If Calypso cancels due to poor weather, mainly high winds, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Cancellation fees may apply if less than 24 hours notice is given prior to departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 85 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
We loved everything about the day. Close to 3 hours of snorkelling in total at 3 different locations. We really enjoyed the marine biology presentation and the snorkelling tour. All the staff were friendly.
Awesome cruise and great crew man.
Had a great time and will definitely do the cruise again when we come back
Being able to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef, and the tour guides were awesome, the reef talk was really informative too
Great experience. We are not good swimmers and the instructors went out of their way to take care of us. Michelle was wonderful and took me down diving twice, both 1 on 1. Highly recommend this tour
The experience was amazing and unforgettable, it was quite rough out but the crew handled it really well. From the one on one advice,to the individual attention, making sure we got the most out of our experience was super impressive
Something we had always wanted to do and our already high expectations were exceeded. Just a brilliant day from start to finish. Staff on the cruise were very welcoming and also very professional, ensuring that everyone had a very enjoyable day and stayed safe. We did the cruise with snorkelling package and Calypso also offered packages for both introductory and established diving. The cruise to the reef was very comfortable and we stopped off at three locations for snorkelling and diving. The colours of the reef, the fish and the water were just stunning and we took loads of photos/videos, but you just have to be in the water to get the full effect. Just loved it and a lifelong ambition for both of us fulfilled. If you are planning a visit to the Great Barrier Reef from Port Douglas, I would highly recommend Calypso.
The Calypso snorkeling was great! The crew was awesome and they are very safety conscious like previous reviews stated. They strongly encourage you to use a noodle, which was a great idea. They also helped my daughter who had asmatha and was struggling the first few minutes. They swam back to the boat with her and gave her a full face snorkel and she was fine the rest of the day. There were plenty if fish and the crew let us hold a few select things from the ocean floor. We also saw a four foot white tip shark, but really wasn't concerned. It just swam by. Awesome. Food was great, too. It was an awesome day and would definitely use them again.
Our day on the Calypso was even better than expected! We were picked up at our hotel and boarded the boat at the Harbor. The crew was so friendly and knowledgeable. We were only planning to snorkel, but they had extra room so we decided to do the introductory dive. My daughter and I were quite nervous, but Cam went way above and beyond to train us and make us feel comfortable and safe to try the dive. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our whole trip. The snorkeling was amazing - saw colorful coral, huge colorful fish, turtles and a shark. The boat was very clean and the food was surprisingly very fresh and good. Cam also gave a talk about the coral and reef life while we had lunch which was very interesting. If you want to spend a lot of time in the water exploring the reef - this is the trip for you. We went to three spots for at least an hour each. The crew kept us all safe and was so helpful. Overall a great day and the best snorkeling experience I have ever experienced. A special shout out to Cam for his extra work and effort to help us do the dive!!
High level services, great team on board, timetable is exactly as scheduled, picking up from the apartment, all (and more) necessary equipment, easy and convenient way for booking the travel
The team at Calypso was friendly, knowledgeable, and highly professional. The PADI scuba diving professional looking after me was Michelle and she was absolutely brilliant, very knowledgeable, very patient, and pointed out all the unusual creatures in the reef. Also Gary, the friendly Yorkshireman was the other scuba diving professional/professional photographer who took excellent pictures with his expensive underwater camera.
great Experience for snorkeling trip to Great Barrier Reef. Crew was great. Provided information on Reef. We saw 2 pods of humpback whales. Wet suits provided. Would definitely go with Calypso again.
Every location of the Barrier Reef is a GEM! The Calypso crew members are very well organized, friendly and professional. Good snorkelling equipment. Would go definitely again, if i had the time!To the visitor: the sea ride can be rough. Be prepared To the management: Just a friendly note - office business stuff like work schedules and payments are discussed on the boat and they shouldn't!
What an amazing outing with Calypso! Would take this tour again without question!
This tour was amazing friendly staff very good at their jobs would highly recommend thanks guys!
Simply a fantastic trip that has got to be on your must do list, the crew were fantastic looking after all the passengers regardless of age or snorkelling experience. Once we were on the reef the fish played there part and showed up in abundance in size shape and colour even a few reef sharks turned up. We snorkeled on 3 sites and all 3 were excellent, the crew even did a guided snorkelling tour showing us things we may have missed. All in all just a superb days snorkelling, a massive thank you to every on involved especially the crew.
Definately advise Calypso for this wonderful experience, smaller group and experienced crew. Seen the mist amazing coral and fish, husband even saw a turtle. Buffet lunch was amazing. Staff looked after everyone so well. Great choice.
Best snorkeling experience of my many experiences throughout the world. Going to three reefs was wonderful - each was different. It was well organized and the time just flew by.
great team on board. and great snorkelling spots at opal reef
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us