Byron Bay Wildlife Safari
All of our guides are environmental scientists. They will help you learn to spot the different between a kangaroo and wallaby, or a grey-headed flying fox and a black one.
Along the way you will be amazed at the abundant birdlife. Native hens, ducks and waders; noisy colourful parrots; iconic kookaburra; magpies; currawong; tiny flitting wrens and robins, are just some of the birdlife we see on this tour.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vision Walks - Eco Tours, 80 Jonson St, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481 Australia
Our Wildlife Safari takes you to three different habitats near Byron Bay.
You’ll visit eucalyptus forest, rainforest and grassland to discover the animals that live there.
We guarantee you’ll see a koala or two, a mob of kangaroo, a whole colony of flying fox and many species of bird. If conditions are right you may also see pademelon, echidna, tawny frogmouth and water dragons.
You will travel in our comfy eight-seater 4WD with an environmental scientist as your guide. For lunch? A picnic of locally-sourced goodness.
We are an award winning eco-tour company and we are passionate about what we do. As with all our eco-tours, it is our goal to observe but not disturb the wildlife. If you want to feed or pat the wildlife, this is not the tour for you.
Duration: 4 hours
- Lunch, locally sourced picnic lunch
- Experienced guide
- Byron Bay accommodation pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- transfers to Byron Bay
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
The tour guide is very knowledgeable about the animals and their habitats. Wendy tour guide knew where to find the animals and took very good pictures on her camera which she shared with our tour group.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us