Fraser Island Whale Watch Encounter
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hervey Bay, Hervey Bay, Fraser Coast, Queensland
After hotel pickup in the morning, board the Blue Dolphin, a 38-foot (11.6-meter) eco-friendly catamaran departing Great Sandy Straits Marina at Hervey Bay. This modern and luxurious sailing vessel is well-appointed with plenty of shaded seating areas and wide, flat decks — perfectly suited for up to 24 passengers.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Platypus Bay, Australia
This long-running and award-winning whale watching tour heads out to Platypus Bay, situated on the western side of Fraser Island. Marine life abounds in the region, from the little-known Australian humpback dolphins to the well-known humpback whales that visit during the winter months.
Pass By: Fraser Island, Fraser Island, Fraser Coast, Queensland
Throughout the day you will be offered the opportunity to see the whales, including from an immersive platform. An informative talk is given by your skipper, who shares more than 30 years of experience working with marine mammals. Your guide's knowledge of the animals and the marine environment ensures a unique experience. Reference material is also available along with a hydrophone on board to hear the migratory mammals underwater.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Lunch and beverage
- Afternoon tea
- National park fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (best suited to children 8 years and older)
- Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Peter is amazing at his job, he told us finding a whale is easy but finding a good whale is key, one(s) that will pec slap, tail lob, breach and even sing all come down to right place, right time and Peter with all of his knowledge and experience certainly didn't disappoint us!!
We saw a couple of passing dolphins, a large turtle and a couple of good pods of whales and it honestly blew our expectations out of the water.
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us