Barron Gorge National Park Half-Day White Water Rafting from Cairns or Port Douglas - Self Drive 14:30 - Adults (age 12-80)
Barron Gorge National Park Half-Day White Water Rafting from Cairns or Port Douglas
Just 20 minutes from central Cairns and 40 minutes from Port Douglas, Barron Gorge National Park is convenient for whichever option you select when booking—either hotel pickup by coach or driving yourself to Lake Placid. The park is known for its rugged rainforest mountains, steep ravines, Barron Falls, and, of course, Barron Gorge, carved out over thousands of years by the Barron River.
When you arrive at Lake Placid, meet your guide to get ready for your white-water rafting tour on the river, which snakes its way down from the mountains toward the Coral Sea. During this scenic experience, enjoy a combination of calm water and a series of white-water rapids, providing you with both peaceful floating and more exciting action. You’ll raft for up to two hours on rapids up to grade III.
No experience is necessary, making this a good choice for beginner rafters. Rafts hold up to seven passengers plus your river guide, who keeps you safe and entertained. When your tour is over, return to your pickup point. Total duration of this tour depends on your pickup location or if you drive yourself.
• Foaming Fury, 19-21 Barry St, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
• Barron Gorge National Park, Wrights Lookout Rd, Queensland Australia
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns or Port Douglas with transport by air-conditioned coach
- Safety equipment
- River guide
- National park fees
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- AU$30 river levy (payable direct)
- Optional extras such as shoe rental ($5)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Snacks (available to purchase)
We pick up from all hotels and accommodations in Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children between 12 and 17 years require a parent or guardian to sign a waiver form
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us