2 Hour Beginners Surf Lesson at Surfers Paradise
2 Hour Beginners Surf Lesson at Surfers Paradise
When you arrive at the The Spit, you will find us in The Surf Shack, located behind the Seaway Cafe. Just walk down between the cafe and the amenities block and come in the back gate.
when you arrive we will have a few minutes to check in and receive your equipment before we go as a group down to the beach to start the lesson. If you arrive more than 10 min past the meeting time the class may have proceeded without you and it will be to late to join in as you will not have your equipment.
Then we head down on the beach the instructors will run through some important safety procedures and surf techniques before you hit the waves for some real thrills and spills.
The instructors will try their best to get some photos of you but they will not compromise your safety for a selfie so please follow their instructions carefully if you want good pic's.
after the lesson you will go back to the shack to view the photos then a few high fives and you will be on your way with a smile on your face.
To help us get you on to the beach as soon as possible please arrive on time, be wearing your swimmers and ensure you have completed the medical form via the link in your confirmation e mail
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only) PARTICIPANTS ONLY
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points FOR PARTICIPANTS ONLY
- All equipment for use during lesson
- Fresh water outdoor showers available and basic change rooms
- Free all day parking
- Commemorative photos on USB drive
- We are unable to offer shuttle service for childrn requiring a child safety seat
- Shuttle for spectators as seats are limited to participants
Traveler pickup is offered
If you do not have your own transport we offer a shuttle service from several convenient locations:
Surfers Paradise: 10 Beach Road Surfers paradise, in front of the Brooklyn Depot Restaurant ( 30 min prior to lesson time)
Main beach: Helen Park, located on the corner of Tedder Ave and the Gold Coast highway, across from the Main beach tram station ( 15 min prior to lesson time)
Seaworld bus stop: on Seaworld Drive, perfect for people coming by Surf Side bus from Helensvale train via Southport on the 704 bus or from Broadbeach or Surfers Paradise on the 705 bus.
Please contact us on 1800438938 at the time of your booking to let us know if you require the shuttle. Shuttle is complimentary and available for participants only. Due to Covid we are restricted in the number of passengers we are allowed to shuttle so we are not able to guarantee the service. If you have your own transport parking is free all day at The Spit beach
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- IF YOUR HOTEL IS NOT ON THE LIST & YOU REQUIRE TRANSPORT, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY WHEN BOOKING ON 1800 438 938. BY SELECTING "MY HOTEL IS NOT LISTED" WE WILL ASSUME YOU ARE MEETING US AT THE BEACH.
- Please provide your own swimwear
- Please refrain from bringing any valuables to the beach
- Minimum age for group lesson is 12 years old ( Childrens only lessons available contact supplier)
- Please ensure that the phone number you provide us with, is the one that we can contact you on, on the day of the surf lesson
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Just loved riding waves for the first time, the instructors were good, helped us during our practice. Also took turns to make us ride the waves and enjoy our time
Great experience! Andrew was very patient with my girls and did everything in his power to make sure they stood up and had fun. They were accommodating to our schedule when we arrived late and spent a lot of time in the water.
Brilliant experience with an instructor who was constantly giving us encouragement and pointers on how to improve!!
As too big waves for me
It is difficult for me to get through the big waves
But this is a very interesting experience and worth to join
A nice try
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us