2-Day Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island Tour with Penguin Parade
Enjoy two of Victoria's most popular destinations on this fabulous 2-day overnight tour inclusive of the Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island picturesque region. Drive along the magnificent National Heritage listed Great Ocean Road to see the famous 12 Apostles limestone stacks and pristine coastal beaches, then on day two we get the opportunity to experience first-hand one of Australia's top sightseeing activities located at Phillip Island to watch the world famous penguin parade at sunset.
Day 1: Great Ocean Road
Stop At: Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, Victoria 3269 Australia
Begin the day driving along the stunning Great Ocean Road starting at the 12 Apostles and working across the coastline stopping at some magnificent spots along the way.
Stop At: The Great Ocean Road, Great Ocean Road, Torquay, Victoria 3231 Australia
Travel along the Great Ocean Road
Stop At: Loch Ard Gorge, Great Ocean Road Port Campbell National Park, Port Campbell, Victoria Australia
See Loch Ard Gorge
Stop At: Great Otway National Park, Great Otway National Park, Victoria
Take a guided stroll through the ancient Great Otway National Park to check out these enormous trees nestled in a lush warm temperate rainforest hidden off the Great Ocean Road.
Stop At: Apollo Bay, Apollo Bay, Victoria
Stop for lunch in Apollo Bay.
Pass By: Wye River, Wye River, Victoria
Then go koala spotting in the wild
Stop At: Queenscliff, Queenscliff, Victoria
We spend the afternoon cruising pass some spectacular scenery along the Surf Coast Hwy, before pulling into Queenscliff to enjoy dinner and get settled for the evening.
Duration: 10 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight accommodation is in the seaside township of Queenscliff
Day 2: Mornington Peninsula and Phillip Island
Stop At: Searoad Ferries, 1 Wharf St E, Queenscliff VIC 3225, Australia
On the second day, we finish your journey along the Great Ocean Road before taking the ferry from Queenscliff across to Sorrento.
Pass By: Sorrento, Sorrento, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
Driving through the beautiful Mornington Peninsula on route to Phillip Island to spend some time exploring the rugged coastline and see the abundance of Australian wildlife.
Pass By: Mornington Peninsula, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
We enjoy time getting up close and personal with the unique animals at an Australian Wildlife Park, where you will have the opportunity to hand-feed wallabies, emus and kangaroos. Here we include an exclusive valued add for our Autopia passengers, received 'Close Encounter with a Koala' experience were you get to take home a souvenir photo at no extra cost (normally $18).
Stop At: The Nobbies Centre, 1320 Ventnor Rd, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Before heading to the Nobbies Information Centre to view the stunning rocky coastline and penguin barrows.
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd Summerlannds Estate, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
To cap of the trip, we head down to the beach to watch the magnificent Penguin Parade spectacle at sunset before heading back to Melbourne.
No accommodation included on this day.
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- 1 Nights' accommodation in Queenscliff
- Admission to Phillip Island Penguin Parade (general viewing)
- Admission to Phillip Island Koala Reserve with guided ranger tour
- Ferry ticket across Port Phillip Bay
- All National Park entry fees
- Expert driver guide, with live tour commentary spoken in English
- Entry/Admission - Searoad Ferries
- Entry/Admission - The Nobbies Centre
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
- Meals not indicated
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not suitable for infants or children aged 5 years old and under.
- Children aged between 6 to 17 years old are required to upgrade to private accommodation and must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian.
- Our tours are conducted in English. If you require translated tour commentary, download our FREE App “Tour Translations of Australia” before travel! Available in Google Play & Apple App Store in the following languages: Cantonese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitation. It is mandatory that all guests complete the Declaration of Health and Travel History and reconfirm their tour 48 hours prior to departure.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
In two days, this tour covers a lot more than you can cover on your own. Our tour guide, Daniel was very thoughtful about everybody’s needs, flexible, conscientious and funny. The best of all, he was a great story teller: I learned way more than I expected from a commercial tour!
Beautiful scenery well-paced stops everything as presented in tour description
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us