2-Day Great Ocean Road and Grampians Tour Roundtrip from Melbourne
Join this brilliant 2 day tour from Melbourne showcasing all the incredible highlights of the Great Ocean Road and Grampians. Travel the heritage listed Great Ocean Road which spans 180km from Torquay to the 12 Apostles carved out of the cliffs of the south west coastline. Stop at stunning lookouts, explore quaint townships, walk through ancient rainforests on your way to the awe inspiring 12 Apostles coastlines. After an incredible day along the Great Ocean Road you will travel into the heart of the Grampians National Park and overnight in Halls Gap. The next morning you will explore the Grampians National Park seeing the sweeping mountainous views from Reeds Lookout, the Balconies, MacKenzie Waterfall and other magnificent walks before returning back to Melbourne.
Day 1: Melbourne to Great Ocean Road
Stop At: Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, Victoria 3269 Australia
Next stop is the awe-inspiring Twelve Apostles, perfect photo opportunity and (optional add-on) scenic helicopter flight over the giant limestone stacks.
Pass By: Autopia Tours, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Our journey begins on the beautiful Great Ocean Road Grampians Tour, enjoying the stunning scenery of this famous coastline.
Stop At: Loch Ard Gorge, Great Ocean Road Port Campbell National Park, Port Campbell, Victoria Australia
Followed by a visit to the pristine beach of Loch Ard Gorge, where you will learn the tragic tales of this shipwreck coast.
Pass By: Wye River, Wye River, Victoria
We stop in along the Great Ocean Road to search for koalas in the wild.
Stop At: Apollo Bay, Apollo Bay, Victoria
Then onto the beautiful seaside village of Apollo Bay
Stop At: Great Otway National Park, Great Otway National Park, Victoria
Enjoy a relaxing walk through an ancient rainforest, admiring some of the world’s tallest trees in the Otway National Park.
Stop At: Halls Gap, Halls Gap, Grampians, Victoria
Stay overnight in Halls Gap located in the Grampians
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Stay overnight in the Grampians National Park, Halls Gap.
Day 2: Grampians to Melbourne
Stop At: Grampians, Grampians, Victoria
Wake up to see the amazing views and kangaroos! Grampians National Park, one of Victoria’s most popular holiday destinations is an area rich in Aboriginal culture set in a beautiful and rugged ancient landscape.
Stop At: Boroka Lookout, Mt Difficult Road, Halls Gap, Victoria 3381 Australia
Embark on a walk in the National Park and take in some of the breathtaking views at Boroka Lookout.
Stop At: Reed Lookout, Halls Gap, Victoria Australia
Take in some of the breathtaking views.
Stop At: MacKenzie Falls, Victoria Australia
Before making our way to Mackenzie Falls (or Silverband Falls) where we hike to view these stunning falls.
No accommodation included on this day.
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- 1 Nights’ accommodation in Halls Gap, Grampians
- Guided bush walking (~2km total)
- National Park entry fees
- Australian wildlife sightings in there natural habitat
- Expert driver guide, with live tour commentary spoken in English
- Air-conditioned small group travel experience
- Entry/Admission - Reed Lookout
- Entry/Admission - MacKenzie Falls
- Meals not indicated
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, not wheelchair accessible due to uneven surfaces.
- Minimum age is 6 years old, not suitable for infants or children under this age. Children aged between 6 and 17 are required to stay in private accommodation and must be accompanied by legal guardian or adult.
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Over-sized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitation. It is mandatory that all guests complete the Declaration of Health and Travel History and reconfirm their tour 48 hours prior to departure.
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
The driver/guide is very knowledgeable about the route and wildlife in the area. He would even share his view how we should respect the wildlife. I think that’s educational. We saw emu, kangaroo, koala in their natural habitat.
He guides the tour with zest and you can see that he loves his job. He likes to meet people and enjoys conversations.
The scenery along the great ocean road is awesome. The trail in Grampians is easy but the view from mountain down to the valley is gorgeous. The Mckenzie’s Fall is beautiful. I enjoy every scenic stop.
The only thing I don’t like is the accommodation arrangement. I think more details should be given. It’s ok to me we have dorm-like accommodations but 18 people sharing 3 bathroom and we had to rush to bed and rush to breakfast was really tight. Except for this, everything is nice. There is gallons of water for our refill along the way and even hand sanitizer is provided. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Melbourne.
Lost a lot of Time to drive a group to catch their bus to Adélaïde
Driver was excellent very knowledgeable and competent
What other customers are buying
Our Customers Love Us